It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are the NFL Teams Not Participating In The National Anthem

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Deaf Alien

You should be asking yourself that question... can you live with that?

Yes, I can.

At this point, after all the continual protests over every cockamammy imagined fantastical slight ever concocted for so long, I am all for a Federal law (or Constitutional amendment if necessary) banning protests of any kind. Apparently people aren't capable of handling such power.

Live with that.

TheRedneck

I just have to say, that's insane. I respect your opinion, but I'd never want to take others rights away because they annoy me.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So now pointing out what dicks some of you are being is equal to me coddling someone else is it??? Interesting.

I'm not being anyone's champion so you can stuff all your SJW labels you have for me. I'm just point out what selfish A-Holes some of you sound like. I don't care one way or the other about what they protest. I don't care if they take a knee or sit on their butt or salute the flag during the anthem.

I'm not hung up worshiping symbols or flags as if they mean the same thing to everyone so I must enforce my perspective on others about it.

But now I'm also a racist too huh. Well, I guess I don't really care what your opinion is about that. I'm not concerned about what your opinion is of me anyway. So you can stuff that label along with the rest of them for all I care.

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You are fighting a propaganda.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: Grambler
As long as liberals have a group to call oppressors, we are all good.

god forbid anyone should try to improve things, yeah. we're such morons.

Yep cause only liberals try to improve things.

And labeling everyone into groups of oppressors and victims is such a good way to do that.

i'm glad you found some way you could twist my statement, put words in my mouth, and make it a talking point for you. must be nice to have such a fulfilling hobby

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

You are a truely honourable man..you make a difference.

Must be hard when you have to paint the wings

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

So now pointing out what dicks some of you are being is equal to me coddling someone else is it??? Interesting.

Dude, you're the one who dropped in here and labelled anyone who disagreed with you a racist slave owner who wants to see "n word" dance for them.

And we're the dicks? Interesting indeed.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

If I have to spell it out for you then you clearly dont know what the point of any of this sort of 'protest' is about either. But once everyone starts reacting to it oh joy golden opportunities to jump in and respond to whatever people are saying. Right?

As usual with SJW stuff, its all about fracturing society as opposed to setting out some definable path of mutually agreeable unity.

edit on 24-9-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: MysticPearl

It's not respecting free speech unless you agree with everything they have to say.

And by god, you have to LISTEN TO THEM!

FREE SPEECH MEANS YOU HAVE TO HEAR THEIR MESSAGE OR ELSE YOU'RE A RACIST!

-Sorry. There is so much stupid going on in this thread that I had to vent a little.

Crazy times.

I say players have the right to kneel/protest, until the owners say otherwise as they're on company time, fans have the right to turn their time and money elsewhere, and for that I'm a racist slave owner who wants "n word" to dance for me and don't allow the freedom of expression of others.

I think. Tough to follow insanity.

Meanwhile silence about the free speech week in Berkeley being cancelled under leftist violence threats.

I even went further.

I said the protests,don't really bother me, and that trump should not have said what he did.

Heck, I even made a thread last year discussing how although it didn't agree with what kapernick said, I thought the fact that he gave money to poor communities far outweighed my disagreement with his words.

But for having a discussion with people here about not really wanting politics injected into sports, and for questioning rather most peep are tired of it, it too am a slave owner like self centered racist who hates free speech.

link   

Not any more.

I've said my peace. Real life calls.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Not any more.

I've said my peace. Real life calls.

TheRedneck

We can say the same thing.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
As much as im trying to walk away from this discussion, I do have a question.

Ok, they took a knee, or many a knees, great, good work.

The world saw, the media saw, fans saw, politicians saw, even some birds saw, so now what?

What next?

Whats stage 2?

Football players becoming cops?

Politicians?

Role models?

Whats the next step now?

Taking more knees from this point forward would be stupid.

Point was made.

Whats stage 2?

It wss about raising awareness. Then donnie had yet another tantrum, which raised awareness further.

And now you guys are having a tantrum, which is furthering it still.

Amazing how popular free speech is on ats until donnie tells you it's bad.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If I have to spell it out for you then you clearly dont know what the point of any of this sort of 'protest' is about either. But once everyone starts reacting to it oh joy golden opportunities to jump in and respond to whatever people are saying. Right?

As usual with SJW stuff, its all about fracturing society as opposed to setting out some definable path of mutually agreeable unity.

okay, so you've got it then? you don't need me to answer anything, you'll just have a conversation with yourself?

awesomesauce

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Thanks very much.

link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
It wss about raising awareness. Then donnie had yet another tantrum, which raised awareness further.

And now you guys are having a tantrum, which is furthering it still.

Amazing how popular free speech is on ats until donnie tells you it's bad.

link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: pavil

Again I ask. When or What will it take for Pro players to stand for the National Anthem? When will America be "Good enough" for them to stand again?

I don't know. I really don't care if they never do. That is not meant to say I don't care about their concerns, I don't care who stands or sits during the SSB. I really don't. But it means something to them.

But today was the first time I watched a game in a long time.

That's the rub....you don't watch. That's fine. The players who knelt will never be able to stand again. They will lose too much face.

The owners probably think just not playing the anthem will solve everything.

They would be wrong.

All this from an Organization that can't even punish an employee who beat his girlfriend because he's too good a player to stop the money from flowing.

Don't worry CTE is the nail in the coffin for the NFL. This escapade just hastens it. Just wait for the lawsuits or did the League and Owners protect themselves in the Collective Bargaining agreement? They care so much for their employees.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Well what else should I say??

I mean if that is what you sound like, bitching about how someone isn't entertaining you enough, or that they should be fined of fired for simply taking a knee in silence. I mean you take it all so personal.

Do they owe you something??? They still play the game. They aren't making big speeches about anything. They take a knee during a time when everyone is just standing silent anyway.

But it's too much to just disagree with their message and move past it. Nope, you demand that someone in authority do something about their behavior because you're not entertained in exactly the way you want. Well, ain't that a b*tch when everyone doesn't act exactly the way you want them to.

link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Thanks very much.

you've got mad skills, and it's incredible of you to donate them for such a good cause.

link   

There's an insane amount of outrage from the left towards anyone who disagrees with them.

Something as simple as "eh, when I tune into a football game I'd just like to see football, not political stances" makes you a racist slave owner.

They think you don't even have the right to flip the channel or you're a nazi.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Well Well Well,

How much does the NFL owe in back taxes?

Loopholes can be closed. Immediately.

S&F

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Nite ATS.

Peace.

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join