It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concealed Daily Carry. Here's mine, what's yours?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

They helped win wwII, good enough for me!

Nice choice.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: face23785

Yeah, I forgot to mention in my list that I went through a S&W M&P Bodyguard after the Taurus TCP...nice little gun, but too little for me. I live in KY where open carry is allowed, and I generally don't care if there is a bit of printing of the firearm in my clothes, so I sold the Bodyguard to my realtor. Originally my wife thought that she would want it, but after shooting the Shield 9mm and the Bodyguard back to back, she prefers the Shield.

Can't argue with that.

By all means, whatever she prefers carrying, whatever she'll enjoy practicing with more, that's the winner.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Can I take the third option.

Shrinkage?

edit on 25-9-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'll bet the guy and his son at WalMart two weeks ago thought just like you. After being mugged they know better now. And no, I do not live in a 'bad place'. We just have some of the poor misunderstood illegal immigrants trying to make their life better at US citizens expense...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
A concealed 45 ACP SIG 220 or 1911 in jeans; 9mm XDe in suit. No hollow points. Solid and as flat a nose as will reliably feed. No 'Lego' allowed here!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The small....XDS 9mm single stack
The Big......XDM 40 cal double stack.
I have zero luck posting pics as I use an iPad....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I carry a Glock 27. I also have a 9mm conversion barrel and I alternate 9mm and .40. I also carry a pocketknife.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Celtic Barbarian bone. Proto European muscle. Neolothic sinew. Homosapien brain. The world.

Which I would use to run away from people with guns drawn.

edit on 9 25 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Used to be glock 27. Then glock 36.

Now i usually dual carry s&w 642 and 442 in 38 or i just carry a taurus snub in 327 federal mag.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Small and lightweight. I can hit within +/- .0005 inches with these babies. About 6 inches in total length.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Springfield XDS .45 single stack. I've carried for 20 years and never had to pull it. But being prepared for just in case is why I do. Dont be a victim.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm a 1911 fiend..My newest is a Springfield EMP4
I'd post the pic but the forum keeps saying my adblocker is on and I tried to white list the site then turned it completely off and still same message.

Also a Colt MK IV officers model, Para Ord LTC, Para Ord P16, Springfield Mil Spec I rebuilt into a loaded model, Taurus PT1911.
Non 1911 A Taurus 709 slim, Bersa Thunder UC Pro45
edit on 9/25/2017 by DrumJunkie because: Because I'm stupi and didn't spell check

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Sorry for the slow reply, you are both correct, yes you can detain or even if you have to used lethal force if you can prove reasonable grounds that they were a threat to others but generally speaking you are dissuaded from doing so because such situation's can turn volatile and can indeed even turn a dangerous situation even more so, of course that is the same even if you are a trained law enforcement officer like a police officer or court representative and it remain's there job to face such situation's as front line defense for society on a daily basis.

But of course you all know when you are in that situation with the adrenaline flowing it is hard to keep a cool head at time's, civilian private security (Depending on country and region) is often thrust into these situation's were the guard has to make a choice of do I act or do I not, it happened to me several time's in retail security in the UK, on one occasion I chased down a drug addict shot lifter for pulling a knife and attempting to slash me with it, technically I was not insured and had something happened I would have been the guy to lose my job, on another occasion - I was the only guy on a large supermarket with no other security so this was stupid but worked out fine - I chased down an attempted shoplifter and after catching him a spate of house burglaries in the area also stopped, of course I had to once again leave the premises (with the store managers consent as he watched it while I did).

But on both of those occasion's, especially here in the UK were civilian security is not even allowed to carry a maglite in front line work were we interact directly with the public (Because of course it is also a weapon - flash them in the eye's and wallop them aside the head - that is why it is used by holding it up over one shoulder rather than outstretched hand like a normal flashlight) those situation's could have turned volatile, it was only the fact I am a little larger than most brit's were I live that this did not happen.

That said if you have nothing else and are just checking around a Maglight is an excellent self defense weapon if you know how to use it so and I suspect any of you trained in military do indeed know how.

Exactly the way this guy is resting his maglight on his shoulder, the difference in a covert use of this now older model would be that you use the light when you encounter your target to stun him by flashing the beam into his eye's and before he can react bring the maglight down onto him like a truncheon.

Of course that style of maglight is now ancient and today most military and security use a completely differnet type of torch but there are still available custom maglight truncheon's as well, remember Maglight is just the brand name but I am using it to refer to the generic type of flashlight.
Not exactly a concealed carry weapon but perhaps an unexpected weapon.
edit on 26-9-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dasheni could kill a person dead with that wrist rocket but basically it depends on what you use for ammo . local feed meal used to pay us kids a dollar for every 10 pigeons we killed could not use firearms because of fire risk. i used a wrist rocket similar to one pictured and shards of cermamic tile i got for free from glass shot next door killed pigeons at up to fifty feet. but for a human well they do make sling bullets for hunting . and remember david killed goliath with his slingshot.we may think of them as toys but slings are some of the oldest weapons .

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I saw a guy get hit in his private parts once ... that was a 'stopper' too. Painful to watch. Cannot imagine how bad it felt....

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

I own a wrist rocket as well, And I like to shoot Pinball size ball bearings out that bad boy.
I would still rather have my side arm .
a slingshot is not going to put 15 shots down range in 3 seconds

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: daveinats

I only use 45 acp hp's in mine cause if I miss a few...'dont want em going thru to hurt someone else

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22700705]

Thats great...funny as hell! Thanks!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: staticfl

Me from 38 to 357 mag to 9mm to 45acp + 9mm (both) now...since 1975. Never drawn them once...unless heard something outside at night or some similar situation.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Smith & Wesson M&P 40 Shield, 6+1 Winchester PDX 165 gr.; 3x7 round magazines stashed in various locations on my body/baggage. Also have the green crimson trace grip, making this an effective weapon system for low visibility situations.

I also carry the S&W bodyguard (.380 auto) as a BUG, which fits very nicely in my boot or pants pocket. I don't always carry a backup firearm, however. Really just depends on my overall security posture at the time.

Additional EDC gear is: Surefire defender (1 cell), Kimber Pepperblaster II or Taser Pulse, Spyderco Civilian knife (look it up, its gnarly) for weapon retention purposes and another small knife for random cutting tasks. This all fits neatly into a pair of blue jeans or shorts, and my Desantis holster rides covertly OWB @ ~3:30, or another off-brand IWB at 1:00

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join