It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concealed Daily Carry. Here's mine, what's yours?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

My Glock 19 was cool w/17 rounds double stack....but with the 1911 type frame...and my 200 lb body's frame...hard to conceal and a bit large. Just for me...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Understanding your enthusiasm... but manners and decorum please in regards to referencing "types" of would be assailants. Thanks

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I can't put up a picture of my concealed package, I can tell you though it's a weapon.

Chemical or biological?

Can I take the third option.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I had a Colt Derringer 22 lr Magnum 2 shot. It was my "Oh my f'in' God, Im about to die!" go-to. Close range only. Loud and powerful as all get out.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Ill have to look into that. Thank you for the info.....

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

There are quite a few new Berettas and 380's in pinks and lavender and psychedelic swirls for ladies. I see them all at the range. And ladies of all ages young ones to grannies.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Ah! There's always one! I'm not getting into that....and any deeper...um..FUR-ther!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

There are quite a few new Berettas and 380's in pinks and lavender and psychedelic swirls for ladies. I see them all at the range. And ladies of all ages young ones to grannies.

I'd prefer to stay away from a 380 and stick with 22 just for the non-lethality factor.

The problem with the Neo is the size. Gonna need a bigger purse, lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

We arent restricted much either here in MIchigan. Open carry is cool (except those idiots who went into the Dearborn Police Station with body armour and open carry to stress amendment rights..and almost got themselves statistical)...and home ownership is fine, hunting is fine...licensed and concealed carrying on or about your person except in restricted areas is fine...and 38 states have reciprocal rights when I travel.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

A purse is a useless place for a gun, they do make special garments for ladies to cc.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I think its referring to "ana-tomical"!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I respect the idea you understand self defense doesnt mean to kill necessarily...just to neutralize the threat at the moment. Good for you!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I carry a s & w 629 44 mag with an 8 inch barrel.

It's adequate.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I carry a s & w 629 44 mag with an 8 inch barrel.

It's adequate.

I am sure that .44 is nice and accurate but I don't understand the purpose of a barrel longer than 5" on a carry gun,from a practicality standpoint. I know I can draw a 4" revolver almost twice as fast as a 7.5" revolver. (Ruger Super Blackhawk vs Ruger Security Six)

Doesn't a barrel that long impede your draw?
I know it does for me.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I can't put up a picture of my concealed package, I can tell you though it's a weapon.

Oh, yours must be kinda sawed-off, you know, short.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

It's all in the technique.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Glock 43 daily carry. For the office attire that I wear on a daily basis, it is the perfect size to conceal carry while still maintaining a professional look. I typically use a pocket holster in the summer and an inside the waist band during the winter when I can wear a light jacket.

Also due to the low capacity, I carry two extra magazines at all times. I work in Memphis.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I don't have one but this is what I'd want to carry. A Beretta U22 Neo.

I like the idea that I could unload on somebody trying to assault me and there's a decent chance they'll survive.
if you unload on somebody with that. 22 at close range(which is most) likely), they probably ain't gonna survive lol

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

More important than what you carry is what you carry it in. If you can't deploy it fast enough it doesn't matter what the caliber or capacity.

Anything with hi profile sights that snag on the draw or those that have to be cocked, cycled, click off safeties, etc., take too much time.

You want it safe until you need it, easily deployable and ready now with the repeated pull of a double action trigger, at very close range.

Since you are pulling the trigger repeatedly recoil becomes a factor. Anything more powerful than .38 special becomes a rapid fire handling problem.

Options

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Glock 23. S&W 640. I wen't with the 23 because I know it will cycle every shot. I've had problems with the 19 catching brass during ejection. The 640 can be fired from concealment without anything snagging and jamming the gun.

Benchmade Mel Pardue (issued) or Gerber Mini-Fast Draw. Don't have a preference on the knives. They're always good to have around.

The weapons I own are all tools. Nothing's a closet queen. I want everything to work well, function reliably, and be relatively low-maintenance. The fewer moving parts I have to clean ... the better.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join