It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supernova from year 2000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
A hidden gem?

Watched it this evening for the first time. I thought it was a good film in the sci-fi genre. Didn't score very well on IMDB though and i think it didn't do too well at the box office either but it's worth a watch if you havn't seen it.

Also think a sequel could have been made as at the end... i can't say now as it will spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

might want to include this with your thread so those who haven't or cant remember seeing the film dont feel totally left out....

www.imdb.com...

Supernova chronicles the search and rescue patrol of a medical ship in deep space in the early 22nd century and its six-member crew which includes a Captain and Pilot, a co-pilot, a medical officer, a medical technician, a search and rescue paramedic, and a computer technician. When their vessel, the Nightingale 229, answers an emergency distress signal from a comet mining operation in a distant galaxy, the crew soon finds itself in danger from the mysterious young man they rescue, the alien artifact he's smuggled aboard, and the gravitational pull of a giant star about to supernova. The resulting explosion will be the most massive explosion in the universe.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It reminded me alot of 'Event Horizon' it was very similar to this movie maybe even 'Sphere' They came a little before Supernova, it could be Matrix burried this movie as the hype of matrix lasted for long periode.
I two found a real gem a while back called 'Moon 44' that i had not seen in a very long time. Its a real B-movie but it nvr bothered me when watching this old nostalgia feeling (to me) fliks.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

ok, thanks for posting that. It's a bit late now for me to add it to the op.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimens

Thanks for the input.

Event Horizon? I rem the name but havn't seen this in a long while.Lawrence Fishbourne yes.

I shall re-watch it tonight.

Another great film is 'Sunshine', a different story of course but great film.

top topics

join