It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Shooting in Tennessee Leaves One Dead and Six Wounded

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: IAMTAT

So you think him choosing an image of the iconic pose, that has become the biggest fad and headline news story, is just a coincidence and unrelated to the "taketheknee" hysteria?

I'll stick with occam's razor on this one.

I agree he may be in the same pose...just that the photo is not of Kapernick...as your post had stated.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The bombings are anything but random, they're planned ahead of time. The U.S. has been bombing the hell out of the Middle East for 16 years now killing thousands of innocent people. That doesn't excuse those "random" bombings bit it does give then a little context.

Are you willing to admit that not all mass killings are carried out by Muslims and that all ideologies have their fair share of murderous psychopaths?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

As long as people are willing to score political points off issues like these, then both of those things will happen.

However, it would help at times if people would acknowledge that a large number of the random bombings that happen in the world are carried out by Muslims. It's just a fact. That doesn't mean that all Muslims are a problem anymore than that all gun owners are a problem or that back in the days of the IRA that all Catholics in Ireland were looking to murder British Protestants.

The problem is wahabi Muslims, they were created by Jews in Saudi Arabia. That's why only 10% of Muslims are dangerous fanatics.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

So instead of admitting that there is a problem and groups within Islam that carry these things out like there was the IRA, you fall back on moral relativism rather than just admit that Muslim terrorist groups exist and carry out a bunch of the terror bombings we see in the world, also the car/truck attacks.

Do you begin to comprehend the issue?

And to think, this whole time, I've been talking about the possibility that this guy was a pyschopath who could belong to a *Christian* cult! If that isn't admitting what you want, then I don't know what it.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Now who's making the assumption this is a Muslim?

I am still leaning toward this being linked to that weird Christian cult.

After spending quite a bit of time sifting through his FB page and watching a lot of the videos he posted about how blacks need to revolt from bondage and they are the only ones who know God because whites have a God complex and will never know God. He even shared a video on Feb 6 of Gambia's president saying the West has done nothing for them except keep giving them loans they can't afford to pay back and "stealing from them for 400 years". So yeah I would say you are correct.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
Probably one of the many Tennessee Muslims out there!

Jokes aside, this is whack and almost as cowardly as shooting up a school.

Idiots.

Six replies in and we already have a drive-by take on bagging on 'dem Muslims.

P.S. - it was a white dude

No it wasn't it was a black man from sudan. Apparently he used to attend the church so there is history involved in this I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Crips...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WhyDidIJoin

LISTS of names so we can KILL them..

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Suspect Emanuel Kidega Samson, 25, was hospitalized for gunshot wounds and released to police custody

Police initially said the suspect was African-American. Later, police identified him as Sudanese with legal US residency.

www.cnn.com...

edit on 9/25/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I admit it, I didn't mean to sound like I was disagreeing with you because I agree that Islamic terrorism is an issue, I just don't belive is the only issue.
edit on 9/25/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Suspect Emanuel Kidega Samson, 25, was hospitalized for gunshot wounds and released to police custody

Police initially said the suspect was African-American. Later, police identified him as Sudanese with legal US residency.

www.cnn.com...

hope the sicko gets maximum of maximum everything.
as if we don't have enough problems to deal with already.
edit on Mon Sep 25 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed image Quote Crash Course

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Emanuel Kidega Samson, Black male, a Native of Sudan.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Which Christian cult do you think he might have belonged to?

The one that believes that blacks are the only true Jews and that they have been held in bondage in Egypt for 400 years and that the prophecy of the Exodus will be fulfilled soon.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread and linked to a page of YouTube videos about it.

I think they are based in Tennessee. If you search through Christian prophecy videos much, you will see them pop up in the comments sections telling everyone how only blacks will be saved and are the only chosen people/Jews, etc.

Since this guy was fairly devout at one time, that may have been the route he traveled.

Wow, can you help us with links. This sounds fascinating.

I happen to know that the Church of Christ believes they are the only ones going to heaven, or did believe that. They did because they have the title right. It is Christ's Church. And I am sure that is why the Mormons used that approach in that title too.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The preacher, they call them in C of C is white. A very integrated congregation. Black and white folk being shot at on this one.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: windword

Which Christian cult do you think he might have belonged to?

The one that believes that blacks are the only true Jews and that they have been held in bondage in Egypt for 400 years and that the prophecy of the Exodus will be fulfilled soon.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread and linked to a page of YouTube videos about it.

I think they are based in Tennessee. If you search through Christian prophecy videos much, you will see them pop up in the comments sections telling everyone how only blacks will be saved and are the only chosen people/Jews, etc.

Since this guy was fairly devout at one time, that may have been the route he traveled.

Wow, can you help us with links. This sounds fascinating.

I happen to know that the Church of Christ believes they are the only ones going to heaven, or did believe that. They did because they have the title right. It is Christ's Church. And I am sure that is why the Mormons used that approach in that title too.

I think the one we're looking at is GOCC - Gathering of Christ Church

They are spread out all over. Enough that they have a GOCC - South page.

Now, before anyone gets too hooked on this theory. It *is* only a theory, and it's important to understand that I sort of had them shelved in with groups like Christian Identity and Black Liberation Theology. They're a group that preaches with a distinctly racial flavor/overtone, but generally speaking, they keep it in the house. This group is a bit different in that they will aggressively go into other people's comment streams.

Aside from that, none of them has crossed into naked violence in the name of their beliefs with any pattern of regularity.

Even *if* this guy was caught up in this group and belief system, it's important right now to remember this makes one. Until this becomes a pattern, we can only assume he was a lone psycho who may have been influenced by these beliefs among other factors. But if a pattern develops, then we need to pay attention ...

Right now, it's merely an interesting side note that may explain where his psyche went and nothing more.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
The preacher, they call them in C of C is white. A very integrated congregation. Black and white folk being shot at on this one.

Antioch is one of the worst areas of Nashville, only thing worse is the gang territories down-town near the projects. Antioch is probably the most diverse of all of Nashville's suburbs and has a predominantly African-American population, second being Whites, third hispanics, and last Muslims.

Most christian churches in Antioch are definitely going to be pre-dominantly black. If this guy was on a racist mission he definitely picked the wrong area to shoot up a church.
edit on 25-9-2017 by waggz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
Another tragedy and another political firestorm.

Buck

I don't think we will know if politics play into it until we know motive?

Could have been a jilted lover or any other combination of crazy.

Anyone that commits murder in a house of worship should be subject to special prosecution, ditto other crimes like pedophilia.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: waggz

Its not really that bad of an area. I live just up the street from that church and I have never once felt not safe when I'm out and about. I also don't see nearly as much police presence as I did living by the hood in Orlando. Not to say it isn't a low income area nor that there isn't crime. I can just say I've seen other areas like Madison that seem way worse.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Its not really that bad of an area. I live just up the street from that church and I have never once felt not safe when I'm out and about. I also don't see nearly as much police presence as I did living by the hood in Orlando. Not to say it isn't a low income area nor that there isn't crime. I can just say I've seen other areas like Madison that seem way worse.

HI RickyD I went to Glencliff. Antioch was farm country then and we called them hicks, poking fun at them.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Yep, a rough area in Madison. The Nolensville Rd area we called South Nashville has gotten rough too but some of the older houses have been bought by some of the TV home improvement show and the area is improving at least to look at it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join