It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia accidentally prints textbook showing Yoda sitting next to the king

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Apparently, someone made a mistake after putting a picture of the Saudi King with a photo-shopped Yoda.

The Saudi government is scrambling to withdraw a history textbook that accidentally included a doctored photograph of King Faisal sitting next to the little green Star Wars character.

The picture was supposed to illustrate a section on the King’s rule but somehow the book’s editors used a version that showed Yoda perched next to the monarch as he signed the UN charter.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I gotta admit, I'm pretty sure by now the guy who created the book is in Saudi jail for his mistake.
edit on 9/24/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

haha! Im pretty sure he's one hand short now.

Could Yoda be code for "The aliens are coming"?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Now, how can that be accidental? I suppose they don't want to get sued for using Yoda, it is probably a patented image.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

This makes me want to start a new conspiracy that Star Wars was a documentary series.
Or maybe you already have done this.... going by your screen name.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
Apparently, someone made a mistake after putting a picture of the Saudi King with a photo-shopped Yoda.

The Saudi government is scrambling to withdraw a history textbook that accidentally included a doctored photograph of King Faisal sitting next to the little green Star Wars character.

The picture was supposed to illustrate a section on the King’s rule but somehow the book’s editors used a version that showed Yoda perched next to the monarch as he signed the UN charter.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I gotta admit, I'm pretty sure by now the guy who created the book is in Saudi jail for his mistake.

Oooohhh, that's bad. After the Saudi's stabbed Yoda in the back and manufactured a massive smear campaign against him due to his womanizing western ways I thought they had scrubbed all references to him. Internet 1 Saudis 0.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Um that theory has been around for quite awhile.

Actually in one of the very old threads here (Don't remember which one), someone said supposedly Star Wars based on the real Orion Wars or something.

Star Wars does some points like showing science existing side by side with the paranormal (space travel alongside ghosts).

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Why not? Yoda has a sword too. Yoda wages star wars in a galaxy far far away, too. Yoda uses the force, too.
Whoops, money is the Force in the Kingdom of Saud.

Two out of three ain't bad.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A quick search brought me to this crazy ass site here. Who knew the Koran was an intergalactic Manual?
jahtruth.net...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Good job I was not drinking or eating anything when I read this, made me laugh out loud.

But how dare they defile the Jedi Masters image by putting him next to a Sith Lord.

Love it, great fun and I do hope the idiot that made this mistake is NOT in one of there jail's, terrorist funding, baby murdering bunch of tw47'5.

Hey butcherguy that is actually RobertMorningSky, there are a lot of conspiracy's about the guy including claim's he is not actually any part of any Indian tribe but that could also just be people whom want to discredit him, his claim's are cool but a little to hard to swallow and if you look up the Terra Papers, almost definitely a work of pure fiction but cool nevertheless and there are claim's that these STAR WARS story's in the Terra Papers - that is what they really are could be an inspiration for the original star wars movie.
I won't link because he does not ride a Camel, at least I don't think he does.
The fact is that while it would be cool RobertMorningSky makes a very good living from his TerraPapers and the notoriety it has given him among the fringe of the UFO community and beyond but even so the basic story is basically Star Wars before Star Wars was made.

edit on 24-9-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Now, how can that be accidental? I suppose they don't want to get sued for using Yoda, it is probably a patented image.

I agree. They are very careful about public image over there. If they used Yoda associated with the King in print, they meant to.

The US state department probably went, ummm... sorry King of Oil, if you do that, you'll insult the kingdom of nerds in the US.

ETA: So they retracted it and then played it like an accident.

The King is probably still confused, "But I have the sword too."
edit on 24-9-2017 by intrptr because: ETA:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
That actually made me laugh out loud.....

Very few thinks do that,

Going to be on Saudi eBay trying to source a copy..

RA

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I agree. They are very careful about public image over there. If they used Yoda associated with the King in print, they meant to.

The US state department probably went, ummm... sorry King of Oil, if you do that, you'll insult the kingdom of nerds in the US.

That was excellent. Kingdom of nerds lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'd love to have a copy of that book lol. Now that's a collectors item haha

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: intrptr

That was excellent. Kingdom of nerds lol.

My favorite bunch of people, the nerds. As a group, at least they aren't hurting anyone.

Ever watch Battlebots?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Star Wars is the story of an orphaned farm boy that is radicalized after a military strike kills his family. He is indoctrinated into an ancient religion and joins a band of insurgents on a terrorist attack that kills 300,000 people.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Um that theory has been around for quite awhile. 

Oh, things are far worse than I realized.
Thank God I don't delve too deeply into the CT thing.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
That's Yohammad.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
That's Yohammad.

you mean Yodahmmad

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Indeed. Also shocking to find him on the side of the Sith..

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
That's Yohammad.

POST OF THE YEAR.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join