It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning to the World: This is the New America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
They need to be rounded up, charged with war crimes and put on trial for all the world to see. Then, when they are convicted, perhaps we could throw their miserable, cowardly a$$es into Abu Ghraib. I wonder how they'd feel about their policies if it were they on the receiving end?

great idea,
make them be the vicitims of their own crimes

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
One thing that burns me up about the Neo Cons is that they would NEVER think about serving this country, or any other; yet, they are so willing to send other people to go fight their dirty little wars for them.

They are cowards and criminals. And they don't know SHYTE about how to go to war and fight. But if an experienced General (Shinseki) stands up and sez, we need X MORE number of troops etc., and it doesn't conform to the Neo Con fantasy, they will fire him for not playing ball.
The outcome? More of our troops are KILLED and MAIMED because of how f-ed up the operation is. It's infuriating.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

One thing that burns me up about the Neo Cons is that they would NEVER think about serving this country, or any other; yet, they are so willing to send other people to go fight their dirty little wars for them.

well,
they like to think they serve the America people, but the Neo Cons are far from American.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
well,
they like to think they serve the America people, but the Neo Cons are far from American.

The Neo Conservatives serve Israel's right-wing LIKUD party, NOT America.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
America is pretty shady now. I don't trust it after evrything I've been reading up and everything. NWO is on the way and very close probably

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo_believer
America is pretty shady now.

It certainly isn't the beacon of hope and defender of freedom it once was. If it were, the torture and abuse policies at Abu Ghraib and elsewhere would not have been implemented.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
America was going to be a great country untill all the founding fathers were killed off by the Illuminati.

The founding of America was a dream come true for the Illuminati since it gave them the oppertunity to build a nation and a populace mind-set from the bottom up.

The American mind has been shaped and made a certain way that benifits them for what they are doing today.

I dont mean to be rude but Americans really are stupid and that coupled with their gun ho hero attitude, they make for the perfect passive blind patrioctic herd of sheep that will always trust and never question the integrity of its leaders.

[edit on 23/3/2005 by Novusordo]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novusordo
I dont mean to be rude but Americans really are stupid and that coupled with their gun ho hero attitude, they make for the perfect passive blind patrioctic herd of sheep that will always trust and never question the integrity of its leaders.

Not all of us are blind. It may seem that way, though. If the mainstream media wasn't so content doing the masters' bidding, many more would awake from their ignorance.

TV is one of the biggest problems. Kids for the last 30+ years have literally been raised on television. There is a huge number of people who believe EVERYTHING they see on tv. If Peter Jennings (ABC's anchorman) doesn't say it - it ain't true! News programs like his are a complete joke. Infotainment. Try getting those same people to watch a real news program like the Lehrer News Hour and their eyes will cross with boredom. With that kind of mindset, it's no wonder we're screwed.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
ECK
I'm having a bit of a problem with this thread. While I agree with most of the sentiments posted, I am left wondering- so?

TrueLies and Mahree (and perhaps others I didn't mention) seem more attuned to reality then the wailing- 'me too' of the thread in general. I see a fairly long thread beating the same drums that have been beaten umpteen times before.

I am surprised you got any WATS on the opening post. Look at it. There is nothing new or astounding there. Even the URL you linked to was a real 'yawn'- a big 'so what?' I am not pro-administration by any means. I usually read stuff you post because of your candor even if I disagree with you. This thread and the subject as not shakers for me.

- - -
Back to the thread (sorry for the mini-rant). What are the American posters doing about this problem? How many bother to:
    go to ward meetings,
    pick up the phone and complain to local officials,
    take pictures or write letters and send them to the local media,
    register AND vote,
    do a 'did you know' flyer and pass it out

One thing all posters could do would be to truly search for controllers. (the supposed NWO folks). Not just on the Internet because it is so full of disinformation but in libraries and during their daily lives.

Believe it or not folks, I'm with you, but without action nothing happens.

BTW- the next time someone sees police brutality and wants to stop it- call in a fire! No one responds quicker and whatever is going on will stop. Pay your fine for false reporting and be a good citizen.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is an international community right? ATS I'm talking of.

Each year however there are dozens of threads complaing about how America does this wrong, America does that wrong. Americans are blind. Americans are stupid. America needs to wake up. etc, etc.

Yet, I can't think of one country not "blind". Name one country that's free of propaganda. I sure can't think of one. (the fact that there are so many anti americans abroad who haven't even visted the US strongly suggest that there isn't any country that is "free" as they believe whatever they read.) There is not one shred of evidence that the US government uses more propaganda than any other country concerning their country. And not one shred of evidence to suggest the American people are less wise to what their government is really doing than citizens of other countries are to what their government is really doing.
And if you do actually happen to find a country that is free. How long did it take that country to get that way?
And how old is America?

So why so much focus on America?
There's a saying about casting the first stone.......

You know, it sure would be funny if a Democrat actually won back the White House and pulled this kind of stuff. Can you imagine the intensity of rage and outcry if it were Democrats shoving their beliefs down everyone's throats

What? Democrats don't do the same?
Well with Clinton, we were made to believe terrorism can be stopped through blowing up pharmacutical plants, we were made to believe Kosovo needed to be freed and bombed, we were made to believe Saddam had WMDs and needed to be bombed, we were made to believe that our economy was good.
Just becuase there was no intense rage or outcry doesn't mean democrats don't do the same stuff. I can't stand when people break it down to a Repub vs. Dem thing. All politicians are created equal. At the core there is little difference between the parties. Presidents are just tools anyway...

They need to be rounded up, charged with war crimes and put on trial for all the world to see. Then, when they are convicted, perhaps we could throw their miserable, cowardly a$$es into Abu Ghraib. I wonder how they'd feel about their policies if it were they on the receiving end?

So what happened at Abu Ghraib is bad right? Illegal stuff. War crimes stuff. And you're against it.
Yet you are willing to change the law so that it's legal and you'd be all for it if only a certain group of people were there...

How again does this make you better than them?

You know what.

Nevermind.
You're right.
America's evil.
There's no other country on earth more evil than America.
History will show this is the worst country in the history of modern man.
We're all doomed to the Illuminati and NWO
All our freedoms are gone (I don't even know how I managed to type this without being arrested)
There hasn't been protest in 5 years here in the US because BushCo. silences all opposition
We took over the middle east for oil, that's why our gas prices are so low
All is doomed.

"We’re going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good.”
-Hillary Clinton

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by ECK:
Outwardly, things look/seem normal.. that is, until you disagree w/the powers that be and raise your voice. In today's America, everything I feared from the evil Soviet empire growing up - mind control, torture, disappearing citizens - is literally happening here. The media is near completely controlled; hence, out of sight, out of mind.

Simply put, it's insane. If we the people do not stand up and take our country back from these despotic elites, the entire world will suffer. It may even bring about the end of life here as we know it.

JoeDoaks, it is merely to say that by our silence, we have allowed this nation to join the ranks of the world's despotic governments. And these guys running the show are out loud and proud about it.

Anyone who cares and thinks we need to correct course, should take JD's advice and get active. An active multitude of citizens is the only thing that can turn this sad state of affairs around.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Yet, I can't think of one country not "blind". Name one country that's free of propaganda.

Again, this thread is talking about the USA and USA alone.

Because this is what many of us see happening HERE in the USA.

What? Democrats don't do the same?

The majority of Democrats are just as corrupt. Break out of that left/right mindset. The whole right vs. left thing is nothing more than a divide and conquer control mechanism. There is really only one viable party in this country: the Republicrats.

All politicians are created equal. At the core there is little difference between the parties. Presidents are just tools anyway...

There are a few good ones out there, like Texas Republican Congressman Ron Paul. Too bad he can't become president.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Yet, I can't think of one country not "blind". Name one country that's free of propaganda.

Again, this thread is talking about the USA and USA alone.

Because this is what many of us see happening HERE in the USA.

I'm talking about in general, not this specific thread.

The majority of Democrats are just as corrupt. Break out of that left/right mindset. The whole right vs. left thing is nothing more than a divide and conquer control mechanism. There is really only one viable party in this country: the Republicrats.

....uh....that's what I said....

in the very next quote you quoted from me in fact...

The whole quote is:

I can't stand when people break it down to a Repub vs. Dem thing. All politicians are created equal. At the core there is little difference between the parties.

From they see all:

well i always was anti-american government...

i have "woken up"...

No, being anti american or anti american government doesn't necessarily mean you're awake. Just that you've chosen one form of "sleep" over the other.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

. . . it is merely to say that by our silence, we have allowed this nation to join the ranks of the world's despotic governments. And these guys running the show are out loud and proud about it.

Anyone who cares and thinks we need to correct course, should take JD's advice and get active. An active multitude of citizens is the only thing that can turn this sad state of affairs around.

Thanks for the plug

Americans that complain are what built America. Complaining without action is just cry-story stuff. That is what America did for 50 years prior to the Revolution.

Every American that REALLY wants to take the country back needs to shift focus. Yes- focus. Too long has the administration (no matter who it is) been the focal point because of myopia. Broaden your vision, many decry broadening their minds, and get away from the 'far' vision. Get close.

The single most important thing that Greek warriors had an advantage over their Eastern enemies was- Greek warriors CLOSED! Hand to hand. To anyone never in a fight or never in war this is an important step to understand. When you get physically close to someone (invade their space) you have announced you intend to stay close and someone is getting hurt.

While the mighty Phalanx (Greek) is often touted, it could not have existed without hand to hand combat. The Romans improved on it. No spears for the Romans, swords! This is one reason bayonets are not issued anymore. No one wants to get 'close and personal.'

Americas founders did the same thing but in a different way. America struggled with remote complaints- Declaration of Independence and got nowhere. When Washington, Greene and the rest were retreating from the mighty British they always maintained contact. The British knew as sure as the next sunrise that some American might attack them. Our founding fathers luckily had an army that 'got in their face.'

This, dear reader, is what Americans need to do. Don't march in the streets unless it is beneficial. Register to vote so that 'they' know you mean business. Go to town, city, borough, county and parish meetings. Be bored to tears. Get to know what YOUR country is really all about. Why are sales taxes so high?

IF you really care, IF you love 'the real America' you will take two hours a month and be a participant. Listen to the awards of contracts, the discussions involving water problems and all the whining. You might just learn where the real power is.

It is not in lodges or clubs- it is in public meetings. Show how smart you really are and learn. Ask dumb questions- 'uh, where is the city water supply?' Find the engineer's office, the building inspector's office, the assessors office. Visit bid openings- now those are a hoot.

I have submitted an opinion relating to getting involved. Involvement truly will change things.

Be a citizen for a change- be a REAL American!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Media Control is obvious. US Military admits that the psych op units control and oversee the media.

Illegal search's. Its true, as a teenager I have been illegally searched numerous times. They usually threatened to arrest me if I refused. I dont have a problem with police searching cars, if it gets rid of the drugs and catches a bad guy, then who cares. I just dont like how they are rude about it. I have never denied a car search, I should have nothing to hide. Just sometimes they are rude about it. I always try and be cool, they deal witha lot of psycho's, but I have seen police do some wrong things.

Forfeiture of property? This is true.

Shady legislation. I beleive it.

Civilian spies. Definatly.

But when we start losing our rights is when it gets really bad. It is getting worse, but not out of control. Patriot Act and all of these Homeland Security things you have to keep an eye on. The Constitution already gives them probable cause, why would they even need the Patriot Act? I dont know, I dont understand it. But I say who cares, it seems helpful.

I think this website is just trying to breed terrorists. Too many idiot wacko's.

[edit on 24-3-2005 by Ritual]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
I have submitted an opinion relating to getting involved. Involvement truly will change things.

Be a citizen for a change- be a REAL American!

I would encourage anyone newly reading this thread to read JoeDoaks post and to visit his link. He discusses ways to become truly active in your local political/civic arena. As JD said: Put up or shut up.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Here are a couple articles I came across today regarding Bush's appointments of Wolfowitz to the World Bank and John Bolton to be the UN ambassador. They should have a home here b/c these appointments are the most blatently hostile, in-your-face appts. I've ever heard of.

What does WOLFOWITZ of ARABIA know about poverty and development?

ZERO

What does BOLTON know of cooperation?

He has complete disdain for the UN.. note his words:

"If the U.N. secretary building in New York lost 10 stories, it wouldn't make a bit of difference"

BushCo. is sticking its finger in the world community's eye with these nominations. I hope the world body has enuff cojones to say HELL NO!

Europe Prepares Its Case against Wolfowitz
By Stefania Bianchi
Inter Press Service

Wednesday 23 March 2005

Brussells - Paul Wolfowitz, the controversial U.S. nominee to take over as World Bank president, will face some of his biggest critics during a trip to Brussels.

The European Commission, the executive arm of the European Union (EU), announced Monday (March 21) that Wolfowitz had agreed to visit Brussels, as members of the European Parliament (MEPs) launched a campaign to block his appointment.

U.S. President George W. Bush announced Wolfowitz as the U.S. nomination to head the global lending institution for developing countries last week.

Wolfowitz, who is currently the deputy secretary of defence, will meet Louis Michel, European commissioner for development and humanitarian aid during the visit, and will explain his views on development to EU officials.

"I am looking forward to meeting Mr Wolfowitz in Brussels to listen to his ideas on development, the main challenges ahead, and his vision for the World Bank as a major actor," Michel said in a statement last week.

"As the world's largest aid donor, the European Union has built a strategic partnership with the World Bank to pursue its main goal, which is poverty alleviation. This institution plays a crucial role in addressing the development challenges, a huge task that can only be tackled by a joint effort of the international community," he added.

No date for the meeting has been set, and it remains unclear whether the meeting will be held before or after the World Bank board meets to pick a successor to outgoing president James Wolfensohn, whose term ends May 31.

U.S. nominations to the World Bank presidency are usually unchallenged, as are European nominations to lead the International Monetary Fund. But since the announcement of the nomination of Wolfowitz for the post, a Europe-wide campaign against his choice has been gaining momentum.
www.truthout.org...

Bolton vs. United Nations
Bush's Mad Cop-Bad Cop Ruse
By Ian Williams
In These Times

Friday 18 March 2005

Senate Foreign Relations Chair Richard Lugar (R-Ind.) scheduled hearings for April 7 on the confirmation of John Bolton as the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations.

Lugar signaled that he is less than ecstatic over the nomination, telling the Washington Post that he was "going to reserve any comments about the appropriateness or not of the president's choice." (In 1999, Lugar showed less restraint, hailing President Clinton's choice, Richard Holbrooke, as "an excellent nominee.") More explicit was Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-Neb.), who said, "I do have concerns, because the United Nations is a very important institution. We need to send someone to the U.N. that has the skills to work with the secretary-general." But five days later, after a visit by Bolton, Hagel changed his mind and declared he would support the nomination.

Bolton's appointment clearly makes a mockery of the kiss and make-up European tour of George W. Bush and Condoleezza Rice. Along with Bush's nomination of Paul Wolfowitz to head the World Bank, the president's choice of Bolton reveals the skull beneath the skin of administration foreign policy. Appointing someone who has repeatedly gone on the record saying that the United Nations should not exist-or that, at least, the United States should not be part of it-is hardly a diplomatic response to the crucial discussions currently taking place on reforming the organization.

Bolton has publicly dismissed international law and treaties, since they may inhibit American freedom of action. In 1997, he wrote in the Wall Street Journal, "Treaties are 'law' only for U.S. domestic purposes. In their international operations, treaties are simply 'political' obligations."

Five years ago, he accused U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan of a power grab; now he's supposed to work with him on U.N. reform, and seek cooperation from him for help in extracting the United States from Iraq. Bolton's other hobby horses include opposition to the International Criminal Court ("a product of fuzzy-minded romanticism [that] is not just naive, but dangerous"), and the conventions on landmines, small arms trade and child soldiers. He also opposes the nuclear test ban treaty-except when it applies to Koreans, Iranians and the like.
www.truthout.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
What really amazes me is all of the so called patriots that spout, "I can still state my opinion America is still the best country in the world, if you dont like it you can leave!"

Well we are being boiled very slowly, the heat gets turned up just a little at a time.(I know this anology has been used to much, but it is still true) The Patriot act is rather quiet for now, but when our government attacks us again, via a dirty bomb of nuking a city, that is when the Patriot act and all the other Draconion laws will be felt to there full extent.

Martial law will be declared and the sheep will be led. I fear the awakening is not happening fast enough, when the **** hits the fan the majority will let all the true Patriots get transported to the prison camps.

The reason for Oklahoma city bombing was done is so when it gets bad, they will point the finger at the Constitutionalists patriots and say "Domestic terrorist, lock them up!" I wonder sometimes that they have been waiting all of this time letting the truth movement move forward, could vry well be so they will know in advance where the most resistance will come from.

We are going onto the most dangerous time, we either wake up in mass, or we go into martial law and the awakened get a one way ticket to the FEMA camps. Hopefully not, we mst have faith that we are the ones that are living in the light.

“ for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled.
1 Thessalonians 5:2-9

I am not one to quote the bible, but this seems to fit so well.

Edit: Why do I ony notie typos after I have posted?

[edit on 25-3-2005 by Code 3]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Code 3
The reason for Oklahoma city bombing was done is so when it gets bad, they will point the finger at the Constitutionalists patriots and say "Domestic terrorist, lock them up!" I wonder sometimes that they have been waiting all of this time letting the truth movement move forward, could vry well be so they will know in advance where the most resistance will come from.

Code3, I completely agree with you. The above is an excellent point. I guess I'll be seeing you at tha camps!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I guess I'll be seeing you at tha camps!

Thank you ECK, but that statement above gave me the chills!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join