It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 questions about messages and debris

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Why would TV/Film have secret messages in some scenes displaying the dates of 9/11?

Not sure what you're referring to, here. Could you lay it out, please?

I did in my reply above

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The clock vs date? There are only sixty minutes in an hour? Usually only 12 hours on most clocks. Excluding military time. Only 12 months in a year. the numbers the coincidence has to match are relatively small. Then factor in all the movies that show random facts, dates, and times?
edit on 24-9-2017 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'll never understand how people that focus in on 911, 9-11 or any variation on it in TV shows, movies, whatever ignore the fact that 911 happens to be the number for distress in North America.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Several people have already commented on the passport surviving the impact, and I agree with the general consensus that it's not some miraculous occurrence that would indicate foul play.

I haven't seen many people in the Truth Movement making a big deal out of prior instances of the number 911 as some sort of prediction or advance knowledge - the only claim similar to that is the idea of the supposed van driving around NYC on 9/11 with a mural of a plane hitting the Twin Towers, which I recall making the rounds in discussion.

The latter being so absurd, I really can't wrap my head around the type of mental gymnastics involved to make that seem plausible.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: Sagacity
Can I ask what secret messages you're referring to? I honestly don't know what you are referring to. Of course I'm not as well versed on this as many here are. Links please? Additional information?

As for the passport question... I don't believe it's uncommon to find some surviving documents from plane crashes, even explosions. An explosion and/or fire doesn't guarantee complete destruction of everything. I've been in house fires where the structure burnt to the ground and documents and papers were recovered that would be nearly pristine, except for water damage caused by extinguishing the remaining embers and flare ups.

Regarding the location it was found, I honestly don't know. Seem like there are tons of unknown factors that could affect this.

Thanks.

The messages I was refering to are the ones on youtube showing signs in cartoons like the Simpsons or back to the future showing 9/11 on the clock and terminator showing 9 foot 11 inches on the bridge. I even saw footage from one film where Samuel L Jackson says to oe other actor 'are you going to blow the twin towers'

Oh, ok. Yes I've seen people referring to those. I don't have anything to offer other than I think it's coincidence. There are others as well. In the Tom Clancy book," Debt of Honor" A plane is hijacked and crashed into the Capital Building. One of the likely targets of flight 93 was thought to be the Capital Building. Also in the X-Files spinoff called "The Lone Gunman", one episode revolved around a jet being taken over electronically and they tried to remotely pilot it into the Twin Towers. There's even that thing that was going around for awhile and if you used a certain Microsoft font and typed a specific word or phrase, it looked like the WTC and the numbers 911 or something like that. Same thing with folding a dollar bill a certain way.

Then you've got the Simpsons, or was it Futurama episode where Trump became president...

I think you can find things to match many incidents if you look back and specifically try to match them up. As someone mentioned, the brain is hardwired to match things up like this. We do tend to look for patterns even subconsciously. Making a concerted effort to do so makes it that much easier. Quirky for sure, but still coincidence. Apophenia is the term. ( I couldn't remember and had to look it up lol)

Apophenia (/æpoʊˈfiːniə/) is the tendency to attribute meaning to perceived connections or patterns between seemingly unrelated things.

Just my thoughts.
edit on 24-9-2017 by Sagacity because: typos

edit on 24-9-2017 by Sagacity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Found it cool...though unlikely you know? How does something like that get so hot it melts and fuses...but the paper does burn completely??!

Thanks for the reply...............MS

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Thanks for that, I can answer all of the points you raise. I doubt you'll find these explanations acceptable at first, but give them a bit of time to take root and flower.

The messages I was refering to are the ones on youtube showing signs in cartoons like the Simpsons

If you mean this famous image, it's just a ticket offer ($9 from Springfield to NYC) and happens to be illustrated with the Twin Towers because they are immediately recognisable.

The reason the Simpsons family is trying to get to NYC is because Homer has abandoned his car outside the World Trade Center. So the Twin Towers already feature in the episode in a big way anyway.

Strangely, no-one ever points out that the magazine cover is dominated by a picture of a bus, which is unrelated to 9/11 in any way at all. Instead they pick a background detail that is integral to the plot already.

or back to the future showing 9/11 on the clock and terminator showing 9 foot 11 inches on the bridge.

These aren't even predictions, they're just numbers. If you look for other numbers, you'll find them instead. Think of all the millions of numbers you see in scenes on TV programmes or in movies. Why choose a tiny handful and neglect the rest?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
the metals folded not melted there are other views of this item in the museum available. if you have enought pressure you can impress anything you want.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

It would be more of a prediction if Homer left the car in a Shanksville field than a Iconic landmark referenced in movies from time to time? Or a history of being referenced?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: suicideeddie

Understood...still kinda amazing, huh? If it's real....thanks...MS

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

It would be a more remarkable coincidence, that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

That's right and most don't bother to connect the dots.
1) 911 investigation was a farce and controlled.
2) Some of you guys can't be bothered reading/understanding the PNAC document.
3) The US government and 3 letter agencies are known for false flag operations, just like Pearl Harbor, etc
4) The owner of the twin towers? yeah right
5) Just like the Oklahoma bombing, the evidences are destroyed right away
5) Profitable financial transactions made just prior to that day
6) For some unknown reasons, all the key players in the "security system in the US" were scatterd throughout the US and/or on vacation, ect
7) How the towers (3 of them) fell... demolition in my opinion
8) Evidences that cell phones would never have worked at anything above 10000 feet and at the speed the planes were flying
9) Blaming 9/11 on Afghanistan then go to Iraq... go figure
10) In no time was the US patriot act law was passed
11) Even if you dismiss the passport "found" and the supposedly admitted foreknowledge of 9/11, look at who benefited from a war with Iraq especially when Iraq was a target from day 1 of Bush's election win.

There are my 11 questions I'd like answered if 9/11 was an attack done by amateurs that couldn't even fly a kite let alone targeting the 2 towers (not 3) and the pentagon with airliners...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Oh btw, on #2 when I say some of you guys can't be bothered... that wasn't mean toward you MALBOSIA.
Cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: openedeyesandears

Countered by the lies of the truth movement?

What started the whole conspiracy thing?

The towers fell at the rate of free fall? False. The tower's floor systems fell at 2/3rds the rate of free fall. The core columns fell at 40 percent the rate of free fall.

Richard Gage and AE 9/11 Truth's the towers had to fall through the path of greatest resistance to be a symmetrical collapse? False. Large sections of core columns remained standing whole seconds after the complete collapse of the floor systems.

The steel was collected as fast as possible and sent straight to china. False and false. The ruble from the WTC was removed with careful methodology out of fear the ruble was keeping the slurry wall from collapsing. Varoius personal and local law enforcement that lost Brothers in Arms and loved ones at the WTC were on site looking for remains, personal effects, and evidence. Hand searching as necessary. Steel was sent to lay down yards for further analysis. Ruble went too lay down yards too for hand searching by running on conveyors. Over 19,000 human remains recovered. 6,000 that could fit in test tubes. No evidence of steel worked on by demolitions, no demolitions shrapnel, no blasting cap / charge fragments.

Want to talk about the theories of the truth movement?

pre sliced columns
Rebar covered in C-4
Fire extinguisher bombs
Nukes
Lasers/missiles and holograms
Dustification
Energy weapons
Thermite ceiling tiles
Thermite paint
Fizzle no flash bombs

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Number 3 is intellectually dishonest. Crapy, but letting an event occur is not the same thing as being a mastermind. So, you are saying the US government planned Pear Harbor to be a false flag event? As the fleet that attacked Pearl Harbor was US owned and not an ambitious Japanese military set out on controlling the pacific?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The 'lists of factoids' approach cracks me up - they're virtually guaranteed to be about 70% completely false, 20% with a grain of truth that has been blown way out of context, and 10% true but irrelevant to the conclusion being offered.

But hey, it's a list! That means you can copy and paste it for, I dunno...AT LEAST 16 YEARS. It's easy. You don't have to think, you just throw the list out and act like you're genuinely asking questions (a/k/a "just asking questions").

Try to get a list-guy to actually get into the details and compare explanations, and they'll act like it's unfair for them to have to answer any questions, and you'll probably get a new list of nonsense they want you to chase.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

3) The US government and 3 letter agencies are known for false flag operations, just like Pearl Harbor, etc

Ah numb nutz, most of the 3 letter agency (NSA, CIA, etc) you refer to did not exist at time of Pearl Harbor ......

Also Pearl Harbor was a military attack by Imperial Japanese Navy .......

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

I'm not saying I believe these messages in tv or whatever to be related to the twin towers falling down on 9/11. I was saying why do people believe this stuff??

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I guess I was bamboozled by the way you asked 11 separate questions in your OP, but not that one!

My own hunch is that people who believe this stuff are aware that the society around them feels false, artificial, and a bit eerie, and so they therefore latch onto things that feel odd, staged, and peculiar in the things going on around them. But they are latching onto the wrong things, and need a better angle on what it is that is really troubling them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join