It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea: What would a war look like ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Also on a more concerning note north koreas latest nuke had a 160kt yeild thats a massive inprovement and its not their doing. Their getting help from another rogue nation. Their nukes are being procured. That nations going to rethink their actions real soon too.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Also on a more concerning note north koreas latest nuke had a 160kt yeild thats a massive inprovement and its not their doing. Their getting help from another rogue nation. Their nukes are being procured. That nations going to rethink their actions real soon too.

Who the Pakis? What do you think the chances of war against NK are?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

We are STILL at war ,it's only in CEASEFIRE,which has been VIOLATED, SO many times and THIS ONE ends the war.
Their BEST tanks, HOWEVER, cant take BRADLEY'S people!
THEY ARE T65 s that are BADLY modded.
WE penetrated T72s with BUSHMASTER 25mm cannons,in BETTER Iraq modifications.
edit on 24-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

PFFT... don't KNOW what the Rodina is BITCHING about, we USED it to save THEM.
You'd THINK they'd AT least give us credit for not trying to take over...not that I really want everyone's crap anyway...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

PTSD. I'm easily confused. Np

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Ah yes the sweet aroma of the honey cart. Everybody gets outta that guys way! LOL

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

THEN its 2 combat bottles and into UIJONGBU for fights.
I went after GIs who acted like DICKS...mostly around the bar girls.
NO ONE should be handled like that so...
My BUDDY went for size ...HE WAS SO short ,but BIIIIIG hands.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

This will not end until they stop covering up the fact that this other rogue nation is actually China.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Memories of wild night in the vil. Forged overnight passes, spending the night at the MP station by the gate. Black marketing Jack Black, Coffee and cigarettes at 3x the cost, Crazy, Stirring the brain cells. Thanks!

edit on 24-9-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

TSK,TSK ,TSK...disclosing MAFIA ops in a public venue...its 20 ,man...drop.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
www.armscontrol.org... this link covers the delopments in the north korean issue since 1985

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Theyre not experts. They had jobs but they are ignorant of a lot of stuff we have. Stuff i doubt even obama was let in on. Bush knew about it and so does trump. Were not screwing around when mattis says were confudent we can annihilate north korea before they could even launch a single artillary round. Like i said we have some illuminating stuff. 511 problems but artillary aint one.

I get it...you guys know better than guys that were on the inside.

Sure.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

This will not end until they stop covering up the fact that this other rogue nation is actually China.

If they launch one and there's a sniffer anywhere around, we'll know exactly where the fissile material came from and when it was made.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

So much that just went over your head.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I think people read far too much into this supposed artillery onslaught that would decimate the North and Seoul itself.

As soon as the bombardment began, NK would have put themselves in a situation where they couldn't use the artillery to cover the DMZ due to massive counter battery fire and air assets picking them off. Very few of NK's artillery pieces are actually within striking distance on Seoul. They have it one way or the other. Cover their southern areas where a ground breakthrough would take place or try the shock tactic by going after dense, populated areas. They don't have the capability to do both. The whole millions of casualties within days stuff just isn't true. Then consider the fact that within an hour most of SK would be underground in shelters.

Someone mentioned the troops along the front being a buffer zone who aren't there to stop an invasion and that sounds about correct. The south wouldn't leave the best or majority of its forces within harms way. One of the principals of defence is depth. You need that buffer zone where you can hide your best shots from the initial fight.

The US has the ability to take apart any standing army within weeks without landing a large force on the ground. Someone mentioned the struggle in the mountains of afghanistan? Not even close. Picking off an enemy who live among the local civilian population (an insurgent force) is a whole different ball game to taking out conventional forces. And those mountains are exactly where NK would want their artillery because that's where it would be most useful. Another reason they wouldn't risk losing it all in one go.

Before the gulf and 2003 invasion in Iraq some of these people made crazy out of this world predictions about casualty rates and they were way off. You can expect the same kind of scenario here too. By the time the air war was over the ground war would be nothing more than a mop up. The winning over of the local population would be key as they could easily turn into a fanatical force.

I'd go as far as to say landing forces in the North and South in a pincer movement would be worth the risk. It would cut off any supply chain from the North and force a diversion of forces from the South

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

We are STILL at war ,it's only in CEASEFIRE,which has been VIOLATED, SO many times and THIS ONE ends the war.
Their BEST tanks, HOWEVER, cant take BRADLEY'S people!
THEY ARE T65 s that are BADLY modded.
WE penetrated T72s with BUSHMASTER 25mm cannons,in BETTER Iraq modifications.

I don't disagree with any of this lol. Did you mean to respond to me? I was just getting at mentioning the executive's branches ability to launch strikes without congressional approval.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Yes I have.
What you or I want or voted for makes no difference here ,IT'S UP to the PENTAGON alone.
Trump would just authorize their plan,he won't have to get any permission ,it 's just a return fire action ALONE,there ARE no international laws or Constitutional edicts requiring any President to ask for permission during a declared war to return fire at all, as we have been engaged or killed.
As a result of that fact the war NEVER ended,just a ceasefire as we speak.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

So much that just went over your head.

Maybe you do know more, but I don't believe it unless you tell me HOW you would know more than people on the inside.

*back atcha*

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Yes I have.
What you or I want or voted for makes no difference here ,IT'S UP to the PENTAGON alone.
Trump would just authorize their plan,he won't have to get any permission ,it 's just a return fire action ALONE,there ARE no international laws or Constitutional edicts requiring any President to ask for permission during a declared war to return fire at all, as we have been engaged or killed.
As a result of that fact the war NEVER ended,just a ceasefire as we speak.

Again, I don't disagree heh. Was just commenting on a post by Oz. He didn;t bring up the fact that it was a ceasefire, neither did I. I just simply commented that the president didn't need legislative branch approval to strike. Regardless of the fact that it was a ceasefire agreement or not. It's a moot point, because he can hit them either way. Ease up on the booze or the coffee one, LOL Friendly fire man.
edit on 24-9-2017 by Sagacity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Just this way now ...I don't like it either...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join