It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the " terrys chocolate orange " weight conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Is that why they're on offer in Tesco? I knew there was something fishy about it. I'm incensed!

Now I've read the thread I see the Tesco theme is running through it. Conspiracy on a massive scale.
edit on 24 9 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is sort of related but about 10 years ago I worked in a grocery store. This is the time when they stopped putting handles on the big ice cream buckets. People would get really worked up about it and ask me why they took the handles away so one day I asked the dairy delivery driver. He told me someone had figured out that if they took the handles off they saved 2¢ per bucket. Which ended up being over $1000000 per year the company saved by not including handles. So no more berry picking with big ice cream buckets for 2 cents per bucket savings. The funny thing is they started selling really poorly after that. People didn't want the ice cream, they wanted big buckets with handles.

That was also the time they shrank the Breyers ice cream by about a quarter. It was noticable I had to change the shelves around, the new packages didn't fit properly and they started showing up on the skids in 4 packs from the distributor instead of the 5 packs they came in when I first started there.

The breyers also went up in price after the change. I remember the store had it on sale for about 2 weeks then when the sale was done the regular price was about $1.50 higher than before.
edit on 24/9/2017 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Sneaky buggers.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I had a dream about a Wispa the other night. It was in the old blue paper wrapper and ripped real sweet.

My mum used to say when she was a kid Wagon Wheels were as big as her head.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It's the same in the US. The "king sized" bars of most chocolate are basically the same size the old ones were. But they've started making them two pieces, so it looks bigger. They're also charging a lot more for them, at least where I live.
Maybe we should all start leaving complaints youtu.be...
(Somewhat harsh language in the last couple seconds. I think he thought he had hung up)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I think it really amusing that whilst the Americans on the site will be tearing each other limb from limb over politics, the Brits are more incensed over the price & size of sweeties
Priorities eh? lol

We're such a stoical bunch unless riled and even then it would probably take around 2yrs to get us to the point of really miffed!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

I had a dream about a Wispa the other night. It was in the old blue paper wrapper and ripped real sweet.

My mum used to say when she was a kid Wagon Wheels were as big as her head.

Oh yes! You gave me a flashback of being a kid and buying my first Wispa for iirc 39p. They were delicious and beat the Aero hands down.

Like Tulpa mentioned, Wagon Wheels used to be very tasty and they aren't anymore. The size changed and the flavour went from chocolate heaven to a chocolate-flavoured shadow or their former glory. I blame Thatcher.

ETA - OMFG! Wispa launched in 1984. Say Hi-Di-Hi to the first advert...

edit on 9.24.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Also, check out how many things these days say chocolate FLAVOURED coating.
Not even real choccy. Just flavoured coating. Whatever that means.

Funnily enough, whenever my nieces come over from the States, they love chocolate orange and they say there's a huge difference between UK and US chocolate.
This is unfortunate because they're awkward things to post.
I tried Hershey's kisses once and really didn't like them. Sort of dry and dusty.
Acquired taste, I suppose.

You can take my chocolate when you prise it from my hot, sticky, brown hand.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Chocolate-flavoured is OK sometimes like 'chocolate' mice at the cinema pick and mix. Bourbon biscuits are another

Funnily enough, whenever my nieces come over from the States, they love chocolate orange and they say there's a huge difference between UK and US chocolate.

Same with Spanish versus UK chocolate. Definitely iffy. Doesn't even taste good when you're there

Cadburys and Green & Black make my favourite choc treats with a general nod to the classic Milky Bar.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Just realised that "hot, sticky, brown hand" looks a lot worse spelled out than it sounded in my head before writing!!!

Oh well.
I like Milka. Purple wrapper with a cow on it. That one with chocolate creamy filling or the hazelnut praline are yummy yummy.
I cant afford Green and Blacks! You must be proper loaded, hehehe.

Phyllida has me worried. Two years? We only have a two year chocolate supply???
Palpitations and the sound of sirens!!!
Two years???

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Can't be doing with Cadburys...tastes too "European" nowadays...I'm a Galaxy only gal....or Thorntons continental

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

No love worry not...chocolate is safe
I was referring to the sheer length of time it takes us Brits to get to the point of "miffed" as opposed to a tad riled

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Can't be doing with Cadburys...tastes too "European" nowadays...I'm a Galaxy only gal....or Thorntons continental

Thorntons? Money to burn

Galaxy's good, but Cadburys is delicious.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Phew!!!
I was almost about to start thinking about preparing for some serious considerations regarding starting to think about getting miffed!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I can't keep it in any longer. My paternal grandfather was head of experimental engineering at Cadburys. He made the first machine that put soft centres in chocolates. Boast complete.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
And talking of being miffed.. certain establishments sell you a product, only for the container to say 'multi pack only'.
And they sell it for full price.. so its not just the companies ripping you off, the shopkeepers are too..
Only buy price marked stuff out of those small independent shops/convenience stores/petrol stations.. that's my rule..

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Does this mean when/if chocolate prices fall the size increases or price drop?

Now don't be cynical.

Can anyone think of a case where choc's have got bigger over time?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

haha every Christmas the kids always get me a box of Thorntons continental and their pudding selection nom nom
tis the only time I get them! but I make sure they last me till Easter when its ferrero rocher easter egg time!

I miss the Frys 5 centre though....there was a rumour it was going to come back but alas I've yet to see it so occasionally I settle for a 3 pack of Frys Turkish Delight from Wilko's lol (3 for a quid)
edit on 24-9-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

i remember buying a milky bar on my way to school for three old penny's in the 1950's . but these day everything gets smaller and more expensive , just look at the frozen micro meal's there is not enough content to feed a grown person . sad times indeed.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Orange chocolate is just the tip of the iceberg. Have you seen the cereal boxes lately?!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join