It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps Kneeling footballers..... what a joke...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

While reading your rant, it occurred to me that there may be more to this and it's not just whacked priorities... let me get my tin foil hat firmly in place.

The Star Spangled Banner has always represented war and was adopted by the military before being adopted by the people. Its connection to the Revolution is obvious. It was a battle hymn for the north during the Civil War, and a new verse was even written and added (I believe by Oliver Wendell Holmes -- but I may be misremembering). And it was only before WWI that there was a serious movement to adopt it as the national anthem.... and subsequently played at sporting events. It was only in 2009 that NFL players were required to be on the field for the playing of the anthem.

It was a couple years ago that the NFL gave up their nonprofit tax exempt status. It was just shortly after that we learned that the NFL had accepted millions in tax dollars for patriotic displays for years -- although that has supposedly stopped now. Some might say that the NFL had been a political propaganda whore (or whorehouse) for decades... for patriotism and war...

Is it possible that the real dust up behind the scenes is that the NFL refuses to play that role any longer... so Trump can't use them to promote the military and his new war... so he uses the NFL as the "bad" example? Or maybe something kinda sorta like that? I obviously haven't had much time to think it through since it just occurred to me!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

When you right away refer to an entire league of players as "steroid junkies" you ruin anything else you have to say. That is just immature and ignorant, why should we listen to your opinions on stuff that actually matters?

You think he is silly but.....

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I agree with you.

The world ain't playin but we are.

*sigh*

Don't get to heated, your getting too involved. Folks that pay attention knows how this ends.

Bad. For everyone.

Until everyone grabs their pitchforks, it's gonna keep on keepinon.

Me? I welcome my Chinese Overlords. (j/k... or am I
)
edit on 24-9-2017 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

He not only uttered those vile words he also included a hand gesture of shoving in a knife and twisting it.
Calls these players mother's bitches and tries to deny them their freedom of speech by suggesting the NFL fire these men for exercising their first amendment right to free speech or in this case freedom of expression.

Trump is a vile man.

But here's the fun part, well two fun parts. First he rescinds an invitation that the players had already refused. LOL. We're not coming to your party....Well you're not invited.
Yeah it once was an honor tho be invited to the Whitehouse. Once it was... but not with this slob.
The second funny thing is that the players have already gotten a boycott under way until Colin Kaepernick gets signed and today tweet boy says boycott the NFL until they fire the disrespecters of the flag. Haha if attendance is down you just know the idiot is gonna take credit. Because it's what he does.

He needs to just shut his stupid pie hole and put his friggin phone down.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

A lot... I've seen a lot of that too. Two words.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Does anyone else see any kind of problem with this? This should be a page 12 story, not plastered all over the front pages with a double spread, there are far more important things in the world going on right now over Trumps latest brain fart.

so...who's fault is that ?

did Trump order the MSM to put it on front page ?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

When you right away refer to an entire league of players as "steroid junkies" you ruin anything else you have to say. That is just immature and ignorant, why should we listen to your opinions on stuff that actually matters?

You think he is silly but.....

Sense of humour malfunction much???

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

Does anyone else see any kind of problem with this? This should be a page 12 story, not plastered all over the front pages with a double spread, there are far more important things in the world going on right now over Trumps latest brain fart.

so...who's fault is that ?

did Trump order the MSM to put it on front page ?

100% the MSN kind of the point I am trying to make in the OP.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
www.abovetopsecret.com...
You posted the exact same text in that thread..

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join