It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps Kneeling footballers..... what a joke...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
So I initially wrote this as a reply on another thread as a bit of a rant but I actually think that this is a worthwhile point highlighting and discussing further.

Just encase anyone has missed it;

Donald Trump launched a sensational attack on NFL players who have kneeled in protest of the national anthem during a speech in Alabama on Friday night, challenging the league’s owners to release anyone who engages in the movement started last year by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

“Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. Out! He’s fired. He’s fired!’” the president said at a rally for Republican senator

Link

This story has dominated the international headlines this morning.

So the day Trump makes his comments about kneeling footballers, North Korea stood in front of the UN and says that Trump has made a "Irriversible Mistake" and that their nuclear capabilities are almost fully operation, then to make it worse America starts sending fighters and bombers to fly around the North Korean boarder in a show of force. The drum beats of war started banging harder yesterday and yet this morning I wake up to find that everyone seems to care more about what Trump had to say about a few kneeling steroid junkies.

So while tensions on the Korean peninsular are building to a level not seen in peace time, we are all talking about what Trump thinks of kneeling footballers. I don't blame Trump for this, I blame the media for turning this non-story into international news. One of the few things I like about Trump is that unlike other politicians he tends to just say what he really thinks, even if 90% of the time those thoughts seem to akin to those of a ape high on coke, at least he tells us what he really thinks (usually via Twitter). We all know then that Trump has a tendency to say random controversial crap, its almost like his trademark, but for the media to cause a storm every time this moron opens his mouth (or tweets) is honestly getting annoying.

We get its MSN, Trump says some dumb stuff! now can we focus on the real issues facing the world?

I am sure we all know what is going to happen now, all of the NFL are going to be kneeling in protest of what he has said and that will also do its round in the international media. Yet all the while in Bruma almost a million refugees are fleeing what amounts to ethnic genocide, when did we last hear about the war in Darfur? or who else caught the news that health organisations are starting to brick it over a new strain of "Super Malaria"?

Its almost sickening that with all the horrible stuff going on in the world right now, this morning when I check on the news the leading international headlines are about what some orange sack of balls had to say about a group of idiots chasing a balling round a park.

Does anyone else see any kind of problem with this? This should be a page 12 story, not plastered all over the front pages with a double spread, there are far more important things in the world going on right now over Trumps latest brain fart.

edit on 24-9-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
You posted the exact same text in that thread.. then made another thread whuch is just copy pasted. ??

It's bad enough that every thread is trump related but to rehash the same nonsense us getting ridiculous now. This just pushes other valid threads out of the list with what is just a duplicate of a post you made in another thread.

Cmon man you should know how it works by now..
edit on 24/9/17 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Just encase

UK members need English lessons. I "seen" alot of this from you're aria.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Just encase

I am dyslexic, I make no apologies for any spelling or grammatical errors.

do you have anything on topic to add.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

I dont normally do it, but I posted it on another thread as a response that was not entirely on topic and figured rather than derail a thread talking my views on it I would just turn it into a thread. I am also quite open that I posted it on another thread, if you look closely its their in the very first line of the thread. I don't see why you want to make this a issue.

I am pretty sure its not against the T&C's.

Again anything on topic to add to the thread.
edit on 24-9-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Just encase

Is this post really necessary?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I dont normally do it, but I posted it on another thread as a response that was not entirely on topic and figured rather than derail a thread talking my views on it I would just turn it into a thread.

I am pretty sure its not against the T&C's.

Again anything on topic to add to the thread.

Unless they changed the rules.. duplicate threads are not allowed..

Anyway not sure why I'm getting involved.. your normally spot on.

edit on 24/9/17 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Its not a duplicate thread......

its a thread about how wrong I think it is that the media let a story like this dominate the headlines when there is much more serious things going on in the world.

Also I never saw the announcement about you having being made a mod.

Congratulations!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

My sincere apologies. Must be rough. I can't do some weird basic stuff like months in my head. I'm in my early 30's, and I still can only identify like half of the months by the number. Mine is benign enough that it's funny.

I was more trying to poke fun at our different spellings like color and colour.

Don't make any apologies. Sorry for being a jackass. Meant in good fun, but that must not have been very fun.

I think we've actually had this conversation before. So my double bad.

I'll try to do better, and I do apologize.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

edit on 2420170920171 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

its a thread about how wrong I think it is that the media let a story like this dominate the headlines when there is much more serious things going on in the world.

Congratulations!

I agree, but why cherry pick this 1 story? The left has taken over the news, social media and now your sports. Anti trump stories dominate the western news everyday. Its gone way past throwing sh#t and seeing what sticks

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

Congratulations!

I agree, but why cherry pick this 1 story? The left has taken over the news, social media and now your sports. Anti trump stories dominate the western news everyday. Its gone way past throwing sh#t and seeing what sticks

A fair point.

I think it is just because this story is one for me that really strikes me as being a total non-story, one of those "who cares" type of things that I think the media has blown out of all proportion.

I guess there have been other stories about other things, not just Trump, that have also been taken out of all proportion.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Congratulations!

Er.. yes it is. Same Subject.. Similar title and The Text you posted In the Is exactly the same..

Not trying to be a mod just sick of this site dominated by trump with same stories over and over albeit with very slight variations..

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

Just encase

Is this post really necessary?

Was yours?

Mine didn't insult a dyslexic persons spelling mistakes.. just sick of this crap posted over and over.
Long term members should know better instead chasing stars and flags..

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Does anyone else see any kind of problem with this? This should be a page 12 story, not plastered all over the front pages with a double spread, there are far more important things in the world going on right now over Trumps latest brain fart.

That's the way media operates, I'm surprised you are just now noticing.

It's not about keeping the average citizen informed of what is going on in the world. They act much more like the PR arm of the US government. Almost nothing I see with regards to what the pretty people say on TV corresponds to what I see happening around me in real life.

The day that I read a newspaper headline that read, "Brittney Spears is no longer a virgin." I knew it was all crap.

As for Trump, the man has mind control over the media. All he has to say is something like, The media does not report on terrorist attacks." Then they go crazy showing all the stories they have run on Radical Islamic Terrorism, which just goes to prove his point that the vast majority of terror attacks are commited by Radical Muslims.

It's the same with this. None of the NFL teams or the commission has said anything about these players who throw around a pigskin disrespecting the only country where they can get paid that kind of money to play football. Trump called them out. So now they are all going to kneel to "protest" Trump. I find it comical as hell.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

It stems from a sense of helplessness.

Once a people have written to their Congress person and Senator then what?

If Congress doesn't impeach a dumb guy
who will bluster and blunder us into nuclear war,
or won't staff and fund the State Department, which would be on the front lines of dealing with Darfur, Myanmar, WHO, and other international issues,
and considers FEMA, EPA, NOAA, FDA, USDA, Medicaid, and DOE as part of the "deep state" to be dismantled as anti-American?

We're pretty much screwed. Might as well spend our time arguing about nonsense. It distracts from that doomed feeling which hits us in the pit of the stomach.

Not to minimize the actual social issue of cops getting away with murder as a routine matter.

edit on 24-9-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

Congratulations!

Er.. yes it is. Same Subject.. Similar title and The Text you posted In the Is exactly the same..

Not trying to be a mod just sick of this site dominated by trump with same stories over and over albeit with very slight variations..

yet you post 5 times on page one....

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but if you are not going to be posting anything that is actually on the topic of the OP could you please just leave the discussion because all you are doing right now is saying over and over again "ahhh another thread on this".

I do get it, i understand what you are saying but please also understand that from my point of view as the OP who has written his thread for the content of the OP to be open to discussion its a bit annoying when on the first page so far all you have done is "mini-mod" the thread.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Mine didn't insult a dyslexic persons spelling mistakes.. just sick of this crap posted over and over.

Well I'm glad you were aware.

Long term members should know better instead chasing stars and flags..

Who are you referring to here? I've been here awhile, I know OP has been around for awhile, I don't know who you are. I don't think OP is chasing stars and flags, I know I don't care at all about stars and flags, are YOU chasing stars and flags?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

Congratulations!

I keep waiting for Rod Serling to pop up on the TV screens and telling me I'm in the twilight zone. This is getting crazy

i

edit on 24-9-2017 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Regardless you how feel about Trump, what is important is this;

I blame the media for turning this non-story into international news.

Best or worse (depending on your lean) is that Trump will be gone in 4-8 years. What is being done to manipulate the people has been poisonous well for 50 years, now it's the worlds water supply...so to speak.

It's been screamed about for a long time and folks are finally coming around in droves to call the media out on this stuff in mass. I hope it keeps up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join