It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Mayor may have breached equality rules

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Just a coincidence, I'm sure. Just like how he banned all swimwear ads in London in the name of "fat shaming" and not to appease his Muslim fundamentalist supporters.

Feminism or Islam? Sadiq Khan’s ban on ‘body shaming’ ads gets mixed reaction

London is looking more like the Middle East every day! That's what I call progressive!

edit on 24-9-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Just a coincidence, I'm sure. Just like how he banned all swimwear ads in London in the name of "fat shaming" and not to appease his Muslim fundamentalist supporters.

Feminism or Islam? Sadiq Khan’s ban on ‘body shaming’ ads gets mixed reaction

London is looking more like the Middle East every day! That's what I call progressive!

You really buy ino all this nonsense then?

I will leave you to carry on as nothing will allow you to see how utterly absurd these claims are.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The real story is, perhaps, the negotiations TFL have been running with Uber competitor Lyft for the last year... I wonder who is getting the back handers?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Uber's arch-rival Lyft has paved the way for a possible move into the UK that could see it directly challenge its US counterpart on London’s streets and pile more misery on the ride-hailing giant. Lyft, the $7.5bn (£5.5bn) San Francisco start-up, has held a series of high-level talks with ­officials at Transport for London and City Hall in the last year, Freedom of Information records show.

The discussions do not explicitly state the San Francisco company is preparing to gatecrash the UK, but suggest it has taken a keen interest in the market and on transport policy. The news comes after TfL stripped Uber of its licence in London, a huge blow for the company that will see its cars taken off the roads if an appeal against the ban fails. Uber, which has 40,000 drivers and 3.5m customers in the capital, was told on Friday it is not “fit and proper” to operate and that its licence will not be renewed when it expires on Saturday. TfL has today informed Uber that it will not be issued with a private hire operator licence.

Lyft executives including head of global strategy Mike Masserman and chief strategy officer Raj Kapoor have held three face-to-face meetings and two phone conferences with TfL officials in the last year, the records show. The conversations have centred on how Lyft’s business model works and around London mayor Sadiq Khan’s new transport strategy.

edit on 24/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Not coincidence. A selectively cut photo of one part of the crowd at one rally.

The fact that you assign his motivations for any decision you disagree with to be due to his religion says far more about you than him.

Perhaps you would like to volunteer an explanation of why he voted in favour of gay marriage?

Or does your bumper book of lies for bigots not cover that one?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Just to support what you said... While I don't think Khan is a good Mayor, his record as an MP is available for anyone to see..

Voting record - Sadiq Khan

As a practising Muslim Khan is unusual in his support for gay rights and same sex marriage.

On social issues, 52% of the Muslims surveyed said they believe homosexuality should be illegal,

Source of a widely reported survey

To topic and as stated earlier, I think Transport for London has made the right decision re Uber. If Uber wants a licence then they need to address some deeply rooted problems and issues to persuade TfL and Londoners that they are a fit company to pick up fares on the the streets of London.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: ScepticScot

Just to support what you said... While I don't think Khan is a good Mayor, his record as an MP is available for anyone to see..

Voting record - Sadiq Khan

As a practising Muslim Khan is unusual in his support for gay rights and same sex marriage.

On social issues, 52% of the Muslims surveyed said they believe homosexuality should be illegal,

Source of a widely reported survey

To topic and as stated earlier, I think Transport for London has made the right decision re Uber. If Uber wants a licence then they need to address some deeply rooted problems and issues to persuade TfL and Londoners that they are a fit company to pick up fares on the the streets of London.

Not a huge fan of him either but he should be criticized for legitimate reasons not made-up bigoted nonsense.

As your link shows his record on social issues makes a mockery of those claiming he is making decisions based on his religion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join