It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire High School Football Team Kneels For National Anthem

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Again,I suspect Trump is provoking his supporters into decrying this type/form of protest after he was much less critical of the Charlottesville neo-nazi protestors and certainly never called for their employers to fire them.

Trump is not who he claims to be. I am certain of it now. He is trapping and baiting his supporters, again and again.

I hope they clue in soon.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Those racists in America are not represented by the American flag or the national anthem.

But they do wrap themselves in both.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Again,I suspect Trump is provoking his supporters into decrying this type/form of protest after he was much less critical of the Charlottesville neo-nazi protestors and certainly never called for their employers to fire them.

Trump is not who he claims to be. I am certain of it now. He is trapping and baiting his supporters, again and again.

I hope they clue in soon.

Perhaps - though I think he is trapping and baiting his detractors and they are too stupid to realise it. He as wrapped himself in the flag and anthem and has provoked his detractors into doubling down on attacking the symbols of America.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Those racists in America are not represented by the American flag or the national anthem.

But they do wrap themselves in both.

So do a vastly greater number of good men and women.
edit on 24/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Indeed.
And those people would, you might think, respect the rights of others rather than calling for their firing for expressing one of the most fundamental of those rights.

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

It's a losing argument to take the position that you don't agree with their reasons so Trump should use his office as POTUS to call for a boycott and/or their firing.

JMO based on my understanding of the first amendment.

No offense, but your understanding is flawed.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Trump has every right to state his opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Sure he does.
He is free to express his opinion that someone should be fired for exercising their rights.

'Murica!

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

His detractors are being baited and trapped, too. I agree.

But no one should want to be baited and trapped.

It's a losing argument to support Trump's involvement in this. Freedom of speech/expression, freedom to protest peacefully...

...the POTUS needs to stay out of that with his opinions.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Sure he does.
He is free to express his opinion that someone should be fired for exercising their rights.

'Murica!

It tickles the mind in the not-so good way.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Sure he does.

'Murica!

That's the great thing about America, everyone has the right to state their opinion, from the President all the way down to the janitor. And even though President Trump has his opinion on the matter, he can't force anyone to comply with it. 'Murica indeed!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
On a side note to all of this, I was driving with my high school sophomore son and he noticed that the flag in front of our local elementary school was pulled all the way down to the ground. He said let's pull over and went and got pulled it all the way up again to full staff. He's a Scout.

There's still hope....

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The POTUS is such a dumb man... that he would say what he says on this matter— he’s just so stupid. What the f*ck with how stupid this man is??? And he’s potus? Jesus. The dumbest president of all time. Holy f*ck, it must be exhausting explaining obvious sh*t to him all the time. The supreme amount of forgiveness his supporters have for his stupidity. Historic levels. It’s just so f*cki g ridiculous that his dumb as rocks opinions are even given a voice as if there is any validity when it’s nothing but manure flowing from his face hole.

Just my opinion of course.
Trump basically tells us just how dumb a large portion of the population is that he actually represents them. That’s a lot of dumb people! Holy f*ck it’s mind boggling!

Sorry, it’s a tough one to grasp. I’m sure if he’s your guy he sounds like a genius but holy f*ck to the rest of us he’s an epic moron.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: Aboom
Showing disrespect for your country is shameful. Ship them to n. Korea for a month- i guarantee they'd stand up for the anthem when they came back IF they could. United we stand, divided we fall. Let's get over ourselves and accept Trump or at least tolerate him for our countries sake. What you people are doing is not only messed up, it's stupidly selfish and potentially sabotaging the livelihood of others.

How is it "showing disrespect?"

They still have their hand on their hearts. Theyre just kneeling.

They are protesting injustices. You think they should leave and find a new country then?

How does that make sense? Wouldnt you rather make this country BETTER?

If you move into or are born into a really nice house, but one day the downstairs toilet overflows... would you buy a new house and move? Or would you just have it fixed?

Exactly.

I agree I am many other fought and my friends died and Family members too so people can choose and not feel forced to worship at the feet of flags, music or people.

In a free society if you don't break the law and don't hurt anyone you are free to express yourself as you wish.

What' s next I should leave the country if I don't have a picture of the President on my livingroom wall?
edit on 24-9-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
disgraceful. try kneeling in england

Haha what are you expecting to happen if you kneel in England.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

If you were not so programed yourself, you would understand that no one, in the history of warfare, ever died for a banner, a thing flapping in the breeze, or hanging limp in the still.

They fought for principle, for the people beside them, for the people they left at home. Those who fought for principle, like the freedom to protest at an unreasonable feature of daily existence, for example, would be only too happy to see that people are using the rights that were fought for, rather than allowing those rights to be eroded and destroyed by nationalism and faux patriots, with loud mouths and small minds.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Protesting on the job tends to get one fired.
Make no mistake those on the field are "on the job".
They have no more "right" to protest on the job than they have the right to wear the wrong color shoes or gloves.
When the employer has had enough; the employer will let these people go and get new employees.
See Colin Rand Kaepernick as an example.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Well, the teams which have protesting players, appear to have supported their players rights, even while they are technically at work.

I wonder, do you believe that peoples other rights are suspended just because they are at work, or is it just those which permit a person to express their political views that you seem to suggest are suspended, when on the clock?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Your employer tells you what "uniform" to wear.
Your employer tells you what building to work at.
Your employer tells you what time to be at work.
None of these are "free speech" issues.

These "protesters" have no free speech rights at work; none of us do. The constitution protects one from the government, not the employer. Don't like your employers job rules you are free to seek employment elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

But when your employer is ok with it, its ok right? No case to answer?

Righty oh! Nothing wrong with these fellows doing what they are doing then.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Like I posted earlier, this is not a "free speech" issue.
As long as the employer allows it there is no problem with it.

When studies are done as to why ticket sales are less, and ad revenues are less; we will see how many employers allow this behavior.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join