It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire High School Football Team Kneels For National Anthem

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
We get its MSN, Trump says some dumb stuff! now can we focus on the real issues facing the world?

why isn't the damn president focusing on real issues instead of stirring up his racist base with this crap? maybe you should be more pissed at him?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: face23785

Ah, so everything is fine and dandy now. No more racism. All fixed

That's good to know. Are you black, btw?

Racism will never be 'fixed', unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Im a flag worshippers, proud of that fact. I love America, hell we piss excellent!a reply to: Onslaught9966

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
We get its MSN, Trump says some dumb stuff! now can we focus on the real issues facing the world?

why isn't the damn president focusing on real issues instead of stirring up his racist base with this crap? maybe you should be more pissed at him?

You have no evidence his base are racists, unless you're just assuming they're racists because they're mostly white. That actually would make you a racist. So would you care to rephrase that?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

As long as many think that these protests are over nothing, that may be true.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
You have no evidence his base are racists, unless you're just assuming they're racists because they're mostly white. That actually would make you a racist. So would you care to rephrase that?

i would not. he dog whistles all the time about mexicans, muslims, and black people. his whole base may not be racist but a substantial part of it clearly is.

considering you're sitting here posting about how systemic racism is a false narrative, i'm not sure you have a clue what you're talking about in the first place.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: UKTruth

As long as many think that these protests are over nothing, that may be true.

they know it's true. they're mad because they don't want other people to know it.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
So this just demonstrates a vicious circle. The kneeling NFL players are acting like kids, and the kids are acting like NFL players.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

i would not. he dog whistles all the time about mexicans, muslims, and black people. his whole base may not be racist but a substantial part of it clearly is.

considering you're sitting here posting about how systemic racism is a false narrative, i'm not sure you have a clue what you're talking about in the first place.

Ok well you go ahead and keep judging people by their skin color.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Maybe someone has already touched on this and I missed it, but why are they kneeling to protest the anthem?

Being an old fart, I was taught that kneeling was the most reverence you could show to anyone, and that it should be reserved only for those for whom you have the upmost respect or your deity.

Having someone ask you to get on your knees was usually a way to severely insult you, and people have died because of that demand.

Even at my old age, I can't think of any living person that I would get on my knees for, one or both of them. In my generation we were taught that you fight standing up, and that you never let anything or anyone put you on your knees.

I have been concerned about the way our young men and women are being conditioned, I never thought I would see the day that they would be so conditioned as to bow down as a means of protest.

Once they have you willingly on your knees, the battle is won, and you have lost.

It seems to me you're way overthinking this. It's 'required' to stand for the Anthem. Weeeellll, the opposite of that is sitting, or in this case, kneeling. It's fairly simple to me. A way to say, "No, we won't stand for this until the system is fixed."

I might be wrong, but frankly, having to stand for the anthem looks like no different than a soldier having to stand at attention. What again does the military teach starting from basic training? Do what you're told by your superiors. They're refusing to follow the norm. I'm unsure how this is considering being a 'sheeple.' Seems to me, standing for the anthem because someone in authority told you that you have to smacks more of being a sheep.

I'll be honest here. I wish they'd take the anthem out of sports completely. I don't go to watch our local hockey team play to listen to that. For those of you complaining about the kneeling bringing politics to the table... Think about it. The anthem is politics in and of itself.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Ok well you go ahead and keep judging people by their skin color.

is that irony? i'm judging people by their actions, sweetheart. but keep twisting it into whatever shape you think will serve your purpose.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

You don't know why any of those people voted, the only thing you know about them is their skin color.

Take off skin color blinders.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i bet ed gein had a nice pair of skin color blinders...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Nice little remark there ..... "if you join a bunch of other white supremacists and kkk members and come to my town".

Are you implying something there? To me it seems you think I'm a white supremacists or KKK member since you used the word "other" , meaning more of the same.

.....I'll wait for your apology.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

you gonna be waiting a pretty long time...
but, I guess technically, you are right the other shouldn't be there in proper english usage.
no implication was intended... just bad command of the english usuage.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

you gonna be waiting a pretty long time...
but, I guess technically, you are right the other shouldn't be there in proper english usage.
no implication was intended... just bad command of the english usuage.

Ever the leftist, no need to apologize for their actions. Lol.

Technically right......that's funny.

At least you know you are wrong.

Baby steps.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow
Perhaps I am giving this more thought then it deserves. In fact, I am sure of it.

I found it odd because I see kneeling as a sign of submission, unless you are kneeling in the presence of someone or something divine.

To kneel as a form of protest in defiance, just seems a bit odd to me. But this is just an old woman talking. Things have changed, I get that. You are probably right. I do place way too much thought into some things that maybe others have put in too little or none at all.

Just another sign that I am getting old. I think it may be time for me to start looking for a good rocking chair for my porch. Starting to get grumpy in my old age. May even get me some bifocals.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
We've had a black President, a black AG, a black Supreme Court Justice etc. If blacks are oppressed, it is by their own doing. Stop selling drugs and gang-banging, keep your families together, value education, and blacks would be fine. Trying to make white people feel guilty isn't going to do anything to help your situation.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

well let's look at this previous quote from you on this thread...

Maybe you and other SJW will take our places as fans for teams that chose to do that. I hear the Washington Redskins would love one have you.

and now you are calling me a "leftist"......
care to clue me in on why you see me as a SJW or leftist??? or is it that I fail to see the need to throw a hissy fit over what a bunch of football players decide to do and won't respect trump and followers to such a high degree as you believe they should be???

I've apologized quite a few times on these boards, when I felt it was warrented... but you started casting me as something I don't see myself as being before I make my little mistake...
I guess it's like everything else that comes from the right, it's okay if they do the crap, but oh so hurt when it's done to them...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Are you offended that I called you a leftist and a SJW?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join