It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire High School Football Team Kneels For National Anthem

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: RomeByFire

There was a time when it only made good business sense to have the publicly facing employees in a company behave in a respectable manner that didn't sow division.

That time appears to be long gone, and now we get to pay top dollar so that we can have a political message shoved in our face. Which really isn't that odd, if you consider that the one major thing that has changed is that it is now legal for the US government to use media to inundate us with propaganda.

Who is shoving what in your face and why are you allowing them to?

Did DISH network break into your home, install a satellite/box, buy you a TV, hook it all up - put it on a specific channel, tie you up and hold a gun to your head, and force you to watch it?

Enough with the over-dramatic BS. You clowns act like you're being forced to watch something you're not.

I don't like seafood so I don't go to The Fish House and spend 75$ on a lobster than whine about how disgusting it is.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I admire Robinson, he was protesting real sinister # that went on in his era. These idiots today are protesting a fake issue.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Ah, so everything is fine and dandy now. No more racism. All fixed

That's good to know. Are you black, btw?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: RomeByFire

There was a time when it only made good business sense to have the publicly facing employees in a company behave in a respectable manner that didn't sow division.

That time appears to be long gone, and now we get to pay top dollar so that we can have a political message shoved in our face. Which really isn't that odd, if you consider that the one major thing that has changed is that it is now legal for the US government to use media to inundate us with propaganda.

Who is forcing you to "pay top dollar to have a political message shoved in your face?"

Sounds like a resentment of someone who attended Trump University or a Clinton rally.

Not someone who WILLFULLY purchases cable and the supporting packages to watch sports lol...

No one is forcing you to do jack#.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Maybe someone has already touched on this and I missed it, but why are they kneeling to protest the anthem?

Being an old fart, I was taught that kneeling was the most reverence you could show to anyone, and that it should be reserved only for those for whom you have the upmost respect or your deity.

Having someone ask you to get on your knees was usually a way to severely insult you, and people have died because of that demand.

Even at my old age, I can't think of any living person that I would get on my knees for, one or both of them. In my generation we were taught that you fight standing up, and that you never let anything or anyone put you on your knees.

I have been concerned about the way our young men and women are being conditioned, I never thought I would see the day that they would be so conditioned as to bow down as a means of protest.

Once they have you willingly on your knees, the battle is won, and you have lost.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
A raised fist would be better, you think?

You should tell them they are doing it wrong.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Nothing is new in politics.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You are right. The raised fist was the thing back in my day. Thanks for reminding me, I really had forgotten that.

You are right also about the fact that I believe that young folk are doing it wrong whenever they think that kneeling or bowing down is an appropriate method of protest.

Personally I think protest should come from a position of strength. You cannot be too much weaker then when you are on your knees.

But that is just the ramblings of an old fart. What the hell do we know?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

#ing leftie snowflakes!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22695225]MALBOSIA
Liberals will denounce their nation if they don't get their way, I am not going to get between them and their hatred for Trump. These people are viscious and know no boundaries. I'm not going to lose my family and my job just to show support for Trump. It's not worth it.

So, just roll over in the face of leftist liberal threats? Got it, well, they got YOU. Smh sad.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Maybe someone has already touched on this and I missed it, but why are they kneeling to protest the anthem?

they are kneeling to show respect for those who have served and fallen, while protesting that the american dream is not applied with equality.

and good on them, every last one of them. some people with have an issue with any form of protest no matter how respectfully and peacefully it's done. no one's waiting on people like that to get on board.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Everyone's biggest argument was "blah blah blah athletes getting paid millions to play a game due to the flag and this country, how dare they disrespect it, blah blah, blah" and "blah blah ratings blah blah" and "You dont have freedom of speech at work blah blah blah"
You forgot it's also disrespectful of the men and women who died defending this nation so these troglodytes can be millionaires rather than burger flippers.

Here we have STUDENTS.. KIDS.. of ALLL COLORS.. unifying TOGETHER, kneeling TOGETHER, for one just cause.. to protest the social injustices!

These kids are setting a good example!

Actually these KIDS have no clue what they are doing and they are simply political pawns used by a bunch of triggered adults.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Actually these KIDS have no clue what they are doing and they are simply political pawns used by a bunch of triggered adults.
I disagree. It seems they are more aware than many adults.
edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313
Thank you for the explanation.

I believe that people have the right to respectful and peaceful protest. Though I may not always agree with what they say or how they say it, I will stand by their right to express it.

edit on 24-9-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: fiverx313
Thank you for the explanation.

I believe that people have the right to respectful and peaceful protest. Though I may not always agree with what they say how they say it, I will stand by their right to express it.

cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: face23785

Ah, so everything is fine and dandy now. No more racism. All fixed

That's good to know. Are you black, btw?

They aren't protesting the fact that there's still racism in the world. They're protesting against a false narrative that there's systemic racism in our country and that cops are running around murdering black people unpunished.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
People lose site of the purpose of things. It's like the people that keep a pair of tennis shoes in their car just in case a run happens somewhere...it becomes a social event and they lose site of what that charity or purpose was in the first place. People (in this case, a bunch of teenagers),lost site of what it was about. BLM vs cops shooting what BLM wants you believe were innocent folks. I remember what the issue was....black thugs refusing to act in a respectful and legal way in the world and to fellow man.
Go ahead a kneel, whether that be professional football players or the young and impressionable teens. Freedom in America affords you many things...I guess disrespecting it so wanna be ghetto-ballers can gangsta it all the way to prison...or the grave.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a few thoughts on what the flag code actually has to say about respect for the flag... and what it does not:

US Flag Code

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

They're protesting against a false narrative that there's systemic racism in our country and that cops are running around murdering black people unpunished.

People (in this case, a bunch of teenagers),lost site of what it was about. BLM vs cops shooting what BLM wants you believe were innocent folks. I remember what the issue was....black thugs refusing to act in a respectful and legal way in the world and to fellow man.

the fact that y'all believe that is way more offensive to me than someone kneeling in protest. your priorities are effed the eff up.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

Depends on the war ,but I pretty well can tell you why.
Not what they say on the news.
I joined to fight.
Some DO that .
NOT KILL ,fight, any brain dead moron can murder.
The deal is to actually MAKE it THROUGH and win,in MY case.
You flew fighters ..I KNOW you too ,dad was a command pilot WWII,I saw the T-Birds in albuquerque when they flew them...LOUD plane.
NEITHER should fight with rage or hate ,it's all too technical in SPLIT seconds anyway,so that removes the ignorant military racist thing too.
But if WE hadn't been a volunteer force,ANY conscription army sucks as the ones who can't fight and lead,outnumber those who do.
War is a mistake and WE have the best SIN EATERS on the planet ,sir.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join