It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire High School Football Team Kneels For National Anthem

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: Onslaught9966

originally posted by: carewemust
I bet the parents and spectators in the stands were appalled. I would be. No way my high-school son would kneel.

It is so crazy how you flag worshipers don't even realize how programmed you are by the government. It started in school and now you are probably programming your child to do the same.

Another thing that I find interesting is that the whiners and complainers are the same exact people who cry about the constitution and how it is being disrespected, yet will cry about people using their first amendment right.

You call us "worshipers" and Government "programmed".

I call it showing a little respect for the hundreds of thousands who have died fighting for that flag.

So the idiots have the right to ignorantly protest that which they know nothing about.

I say the ones kneeling are the brainwashed, programmed drones.

But we should respect the Constitutional values of Nazism, right?

I've seen less and less people defending Trump, and when I do see it - it's typically isolated to ATS and other echo chambers for the alt-right.

You guys want to send kids to North Korea, the coaches should be fired, the kids are disrespectful punks looking for FB likes - LOL, triggered, much?

The reaction that a simple notion of PEACEFULLY and SILENTLY kneeling is staggering.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

No Trump is not a man, he acts like an immature child! If that isn't enough he's a pathological liar and lacks any kind of credibility. Yep, he speaks his mind alright and most of what comes out of his mouth is pure ignorance and incompetency. Maybe you should start acting like a mature adult and stop gloating because some incompetent billionaire won the presidency! Ha, Ha, Ha, my guy won... real mature.

A Blind man following party politics? You should take a good look in the mirror! How blind can you be to ignore the many lies this man has been caught at on video and with his tweets? If that isn't clear enough how about all the flip-flopping on his campaign promises? Maybe you should try criticizing his lies and his stupidity instead of making excuses for them.

Trump likes people who worship him and are yes men. (That's been proven with all his firings). Congratulations you fit right in!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

But what do I know. The average poor person can't even afford to attend an NFL game but let's not point out that hypocrisy.

and, maybe I am wrong, but I have yet to see any kind of protest when the states decide to give a ton of those "poor people's" tax money to help the football teams build new stadiums. I don't see many protesting the fact that much of the increase in tuition can be attributed colleges competing with each other for the best players coming out of the high schools.

the only answer I can think of is that people also have the freedom chose what they wish to protest and what they deem as not worthy of protest. and quite frankly I find a bunch of people carrying torches marching through charlottesville from all over the country, and from canada even, a little more alarming than some football players kneeling for the national anthem, of which, the way the song is usually crucified by the singer probably deserves to be protested!!!

gee, when I saw some of the crazy crap my state was using my hard earned money for I was so upset that
I started buying everything I could second hand...
and I eventually moved to another state...

if this is so upsetting to you, are you gonna stop watching you football games?? or are you just gonna stay on forums and griped about it???

you have the freedom to chose what you do next also!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

You remind me of Maximilian Schell at the end of "CROSS OF IRON"
You must REALLY think SKIN matters to SO MANY ,to actually BUY this so ...not true.
Its an organ alone ,get over it and get a life,job or arrested.
THE FLAG is IDENTITY alone and BLACK folks are aware as well.
The Marxists who finance the kill America effort,love this.
edit on 24-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Anyone else find this whole story a bit annoying?

On the same day as Trumps comments about kneeling footballers, North Korea stands in front of the UN and says that Trump has made a "Irreversible mistake" and that their nuclear capabilities are almost fully operation, then to make it worse America starts sending fighters and bombers to fly around the North Korean boarder in a show of force. The drum beats of war starting banging harder yesterday and yet this morning I wake up to find that everyone seems to care more about what Trump had to say about a few kneeling steroid junkies.

So while tensions on the Korean peninsular are building to a level not seen in peace time, we are all talking about what Trump thinks of kneeling footballers. I don't blame Trump for this, I blame the media for turning this non-story into international news. One of the few things I like about Trump is that unlike other politicians he tends to just say what he really thinks, even if 90% of the time those thoughts seem to akin to those of a ape high on coke, at least he tells us what he really thinks (usually via Twitter). We all know then that Trump has a tendency to say random controversial crap, its almost like his trademark, but for the media to cause a storm every time this moron opens his mouth (or tweets) is honestly getting annoying.

We get its MSN, Trump says some dumb stuff! now can we focus on the real issues facing the world?

I am sure we all know what is going to happen now, all of the NFL are going to be kneeling in protest of what he has said and that will also do its round in the international media. Yet all the while in Bruma almost a million refugees are fleeing what amounts to ethnic genocide, when did we last hear about the war in Darfur? or who else caught the news that health organisations are starting to brick it over a new strain of "Super Malaria"?

Its almost sickening that with all the horrible stuff going on in the world right now, this morning when I check on the news the leading international headlines are about what some orange sack of balls had to say about a group of idiots chasing a balling round a park.

I feel a rant coming on!!!!

I would find it difficult to improve on this post.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

I bet the parents and spectators in the stands were appalled. I would be. No way my high-school son would kneel.

It is so crazy how you flag worshipers don't even realize how programmed you are by the government. It started in school and now you are probably programming your child to do the same.

Another thing that I find interesting is that the whiners and complainers are the same exact people who cry about the constitution and how it is being disrespected, yet will cry about people using their first amendment right.

I call it showing a little respect for the hundreds of thousands who have died fighting for that flag.

So the idiots have the right to ignorantly protest that which they know nothing about.

The reaction that a simple notion of PEACEFULLY and SILENTLY kneeling is staggering.

It would help immensely if they were protesting something that's actually happening.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

But what do I know. The average poor person can't even afford to attend an NFL game but let's not point out that hypocrisy.

and, maybe I am wrong, but I have yet to see any kind of protest when the states decide to give a ton of those "poor people's" tax money to help the football teams build new stadiums. I don't see many protesting the fact that much of the increase in tuition can be attributed colleges competing with each other for the best players coming out of the high schools.

the only answer I can think of is that people also have the freedom chose what they wish to protest and what they deem as not worthy of protest. and quite frankly I find a bunch of people carrying torches marching through charlottesville from all over the country, and from canada even, a little more alarming than some football players kneeling for the national anthem, of which, the way the song is usually crucified by the singer probably deserves to be protested!!!

gee, when I saw some of the crazy crap my state was using my hard earned money for I was so upset that
I started buying everything I could second hand...
and I eventually moved to another state...

if this is so upsetting to you, are you gonna stop watching you football games?? or are you just gonna stay on forums and griped about it???

you have the freedom to chose what you do next also!

Well it's Sunday 2:23 pm and I'm typing here after taking a break from gardening. Football is less and less important or relevant to me.

Why do you think pro teams move? Because the city they reside in won't give them a good enough tax deal and stadium to stay. There have been tons of protests about publicly funded pro stadiums.

College costs are going up and up, not mainly due to sports but I'm sure it plays a role. Most college sports , at least at big time schools probably make the University more money than they spend. But I get that point.

I'm not alone in not wanting SJW commentary while I'm being entertained.
Save the cutting social commentary for me. Me and others will vote with our money and feet. .

Maybe you and other SJW will take our places as fans for teams that chose to do that. I hear the Washington Redskins would love one have you.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

It would help immensely if they were protesting something that's actually happening.

Yes! Simply put, when will their protest end?? When will America be perfect enough for them to be proud of our country?.

Answer..... Never. Good look with that route.

Meanwhile the NFL can't even suspend a player who abused his girlfriend............

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

The moment you look to adolescence to provide a good example and moral barometer, you have lost your mind.

It is scientifically proven that adolescents are incapable of making moral judgement calls, and highly prone to group think brought on by peer pressure. This is on full display through stupidity like The Blue Whale game, where they can actually be talked into committing suicide using peer pressure.

Please stop. Using the idiocy of children to support politics is not appropriate.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Why would that help immensely?

Don't be coy, people will still tell them to "move to North Korea," and that "they should be fired."

Perhaps NFL players should resort to white supremacist tiki-torch marches with vehicular manslaughter to gain the respect (very fine people) of the current POTUS?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The world over, Kneeling is more of a means to honor something, than protest something.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

There was a time when it only made good business sense to have the publicly facing employees in a company behave in a respectable manner that didn't sow division.

That time appears to be long gone, and now we get to pay top dollar so that we can have a political message shoved in our face. Which really isn't that odd, if you consider that the one major thing that has changed is that it is now legal for the US government to use media to inundate us with propaganda.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

But we should respect the Constitutional values of Nazism, right?

I've seen less and less people defending Trump, and when I do see it - it's typically isolated to ATS and other echo chambers for the alt-right.

You guys want to send kids to North Korea, the coaches should be fired, the kids are disrespectful punks looking for FB likes - LOL, triggered, much?

So as long as you protesting against the government it's ok But If you protest against those protesting, it is being "triggered" ??

And you see less people defend Trump because you are not allowed to defend him without being publically ridiculed. I have falmily that won't talk to me because I defended Trump.

Liberals will denounce their nation if they don't get their way, I am not going to get between them and their hatred for Trump. These people are viscious and know no boundaries. I'm not going to lose my family and my job just to show support for Trump. It's not worth it.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

No actually most people are fairly reasonable and if there was actually evidence of systemic racism or cops going around murdering blacks and getting away with it, the public would be up in arms about it. There's just not. These people are desperate to be "oppressed". They've never known real oppression. They dishonor the memory of the people who fought actual oppression decades ago.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

hey, don't look to me to fill the gap, I ain't a football fan, never have been to a game, don't even desire to attend one...
yes, vote with your money and your feet!! kind of like how you won't be catching me shopping at hobby lobby anytime soon!!!
kind of like how businesses might decide to change their plans and move to a different state when the state that they were considering decides it would be fun to discriminate against some of the company's employees!!
whatever floats your boat!!
just know that if you join a bunch of other white supremacists and kkk members and come to my town....
I'll have every right to be out on the streets also, doing whatever I wish, as long as it's within the law!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Lol yes, this is glorious, but not in the way you think.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't need politics with my sports. Isn't that kind of the point? But holy god if the president points that out. But it's a good thing, and here's why: Its now all going to come to a head at an accelerated pace.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

Trump didnt expect that his outlandish behavior would fuel the fire, and actually FURTHER the agenda he is opposing, and cause the masses to unite against him. He has gone too far. Now, society is bouncing back.

The hate wont last much longer. The good will prevail, the revolution is beginning.

Haha....I think you may want to see what this weeks TV ratings turn out to be before you get too carried away. They were already tanking before Trump got involved.

It is my understanding that even the Pats were booed out of their own stadium today. As liberal as that state is I think your "revolution" may be backfiring. Lol...but you do you.
edit on 24-9-2017 by Assessor because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2017 by Assessor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Assessor

It is my understanding that even the Pats were booed out of their own stadium today.

Nope. It's a pretty good game, actually.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

What social injustice has suddenly appeared out of no where that is causing this?

It's a pretty fricken old thing to do. Google Cassius Clay, John Carlos or Franklin McCain.

Let's see the football team take a knee for date rape and trans rights on the football team. Or are they going to be selective in their SJW outrage?

If you think about it, Tom Paine was a SJW in the eyes of the British Empire. Just another whiny asshole looking for attention.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
Yeah. Not so new.

Jackie Robinson:

As I write this twenty years later, I cannot stand and sing the anthem. I cannot salute the flag; I know that I am a black man in a white world. In 1972, in 1947, at my birth in 1919, I know that I never had it made.

www.amazon.com...
edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join