It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire High School Football Team Kneels For National Anthem

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: Aboom
Showing disrespect for your country is shameful. Ship them to n. Korea for a month- i guarantee they'd stand up for the anthem when they came back IF they could. United we stand, divided we fall. Let's get over ourselves and accept Trump or at least tolerate him for our countries sake. What you people are doing is not only messed up, it's stupidly selfish and potentially sabotaging the livelihood of others.

How is it "showing disrespect?"

They still have their hand on their hearts. Theyre just kneeling.

They are protesting injustices. You think they should leave and find a new country then?

How does that make sense? Wouldnt you rather make this country BETTER?

If you move into or are born into a really nice house, but one day the downstairs toilet overflows... would you buy a new house and move? Or would you just have it fixed?

Exactly.

What injustices are they protesting? I'll wait.

Racism in America.

There you go, quick and easy answer.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I love that the racist old bigots in this thread getting angry at this.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Showing disrespect for your country is shameful. Ship them to n. Korea for a month- i guarantee they'd stand up for the anthem when they came back IF they could. United we stand, divided we fall. Let's get over ourselves and accept Trump or at least tolerate him for our countries sake. What you people are doing is not only messed up, it's stupidly selfish and potentially sabotaging the livelihood of others.

are you showing disrespect to god when you kneel?? what about when it comes to kings and queens???
no, it is showing submission, isn't it???
why did the nurse get roughly handcufed, dragged and put into a police car?? would I be correct to say it was because she didn't submit to the illegal requests of the cops to draw blood from the victim of a car wreck who wasn't under arrest, wasn't conscious to give his permission and there was no warrent???
the plain fact is that when you militarized the police force, seem to be giving cops free license to shoot whoever you want, and brutalize peaceful protesters, and expect employees to go against not only the rules of their employer but the laws of the land....
you go beyond expecting your citizens to be peaceful, functioning citizens of the state and enter into the realm of kings and god, demanding submission, regardless of law and justice.

I know this isn't the thought in the players minds, but to me at least symbolically, their demonstration seems to be giving the utmost respect to the flag and country, while protesting some of the actions and policies that really are going against the meaning of that flag and country.

being disrespectful would be just walking off the field, or standing there goofing around and laughing, or the like....

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Let them rest on bended knee if they want now. Won't be any of this crap when drafted.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Ummm. The Football team here Usually kneels and puts their hands over their heart when the Anthem plays, the cheerleaders do it sometimes but not all the time.

I think someone is making something out of nothing here.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I don't usually like commenting with pictures, but this kind of expresses my thoughts on this:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
It's just the latest fad.

Kneeling at football games is the new fidget spinner of the late 2010's.

These are high school kids we're talking about, they don't even know what they're kneeling for and half of them probably did it because of peer pressure.

Yawn.

The coaches should be fired.

Yep. It's like the "Ice Bucket Challenge" of a few years ago, but without the positive benefits. It serves to only greater divide on the race and class issue.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
disgraceful. try kneeling in england, in ireland, russia, china or even japan.

this is part of the inter-nationalist agenda. stef curry says 'fokk the flag' so little kids will think its 'cool' and 'hip' to be unpatriotic.

im a libertarian, its none of my business technically what people think. but i do demand american soverignty. the last thing i want is a one country planet, which the bad guys have been trying to implement since the 1850s, when they wrote about it in their literature.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

They are protesting injustices. You think they should leave and find a new country then?

If you move into or are born into a really nice house, but one day the downstairs toilet overflows... would you buy a new house and move? Or would you just have it fixed?

Exactly.

Racism in America.

The NFL players protesting are worlds away from their urban bretheren who experience economic racism. They are making millions while others can't find a job. These are just narcissistic personalities who need more attention.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
disgraceful. try kneeling in england, in ireland, russia, china or even japan.

this is part of the inter-nationalist agenda. stef curry says 'fokk the flag' so little kids will think its 'cool' and 'hip' to be unpatriotic.

im a libertarian, its none of my business technically what people think. but i do demand american soverignty. the last thing i want is a one country planet, which the bad guys have been trying to implement since the 1850s, when they wrote about it in their literature.

Is kneeling still not a form of respect? They still have their hands over their hearts.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: Onslaught9966

originally posted by: carewemust
I bet the parents and spectators in the stands were appalled. I would be. No way my high-school son would kneel.

It is so crazy how you flag worshipers don't even realize how programmed you are by the government. It started in school and now you are probably programming your child to do the same.

Another thing that I find interesting is that the whiners and complainers are the same exact people who cry about the constitution and how it is being disrespected, yet will cry about people using their first amendment right.

You call us "worshipers" and Government "programmed".

I call it showing a little respect for the hundreds of thousands who have died fighting for that flag.

So the idiots have the right to ignorantly protest that which they know nothing about.

I say the ones kneeling are the brainwashed, programmed drones.

I understand why you might be annoyed at this kind of protest and even find it disrespectful but did those very same people who died for that flag not also die to protect the freedoms that let these players protest in anyway they see fit.

In respecting those who have died in defence of freedom of speech should we not also be respectful of those who exercise that right even if we disagree with them?
Yes, yes they did die to protect the rights of Americans, even the right to disrespect the National Anthem of the United States. And those of us who care enough to honor them, and respect them, would never disrespect the Flag, or the National Anthem, not because it's just a song, or a bit of fabric, but because it represents what they sacrificed for us.

Sit, stand, lay down, whatever, but don't you dare forget them.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
You mean the same country who just had a 2 term Black American President. And ran a women for President this past election?!??

Lol....you must have CTE just like the football players. It's affecting your memory.
edit on 24-9-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Yes let's unite against the son of a bitch.

It's okay for him to call players mother's bitches I guess what's good for the goose...

We should all take a knee when they play the anthem. Until they make this a country for ALL Americans not just the white ones.

"..not just white ones"

You ma'am.. are 100% the entire problem.

Get a job woman.. ffs You aint any good as a mom.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil
and... what's amazing it that two term black president and white women candidate took on far more criticism, lies, and investigations directed at them and acted far more grown up about it than trump and his followers are!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Irishhaf

Trump may have a right to exercise his freedom of speech, but as a leader of the most powerful country in the world, he has a "responsibility" to restrain his immature rhetoric and focus on issues that directly affect American citizens. Commenting and tweeting on non-issues, and bullying people who criticize him is not what a U.S. president is elected to do.

Trump is a man. You want Obama Pt2, or Clinton Pt2, or Bush Pt2, VOTE THEM IN.

You got a man who has the balls to speak his mind. And you dont like that, do ya. You want a blind man following the party politics.

haha you got a REAL president, and none of you sweet hearts know how to act now. Put on panties, ladies... the wind is blowing..

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Exactly.

Racism in America.

Did racism just suddenly spring up in America? I must have missed that memo while Ferguson and Baltimore burned......

All this over Trump actually saying what many others have thought and already voted for with their pocketbooks.

The NFL is all about the money and since that's the only language they seem to understand, I guess they will have to live with smaller TV contracts and a reduced fanatic fan base just like any other sport or movie ect that wants to inject politics into entertainment.

Money is the ultimate language the Elites know.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Super rich spoiled celebrities.
Super rich spoiled sports stars.

They seem to hate Trump and influence kids to hate too.

Guess who the left is in bed with? Yep the super rich and spoiled.

.... You understand the politics of the left involve redistribution of wealth from the super wealthy to the poor? I think you'll find the left tends not to be in bed with many super rich people at all.

And Trump, the man who had his apartments plated with gold and sits in thrones, does not count as being 'super rich and spoiled'?!!?!?!

I don't have enough exclamation marks to express my astonishment.

Thanks for the best laugh of the day
The left is about redistributing from the rich to the poor? - hilarious.

The left is about taking from the middle class and giving a LITTLE to the poor and the majority to the RICH, thus making everyone poor except a very small elite.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf
and I would disown a friend who was speaking their mind saying some of the crap trump has spouted....
it wouldn't be because I am denying their right to say whatever they want, but rather what they were saying was revealing a personality that I just don't want to be associated with!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: pavil
and... what's amazing it that two term black president and white women candidate took on far more criticism, lies, and investigations directed at them and acted far more grown up about it than trump and his followers are!!!

You aren't getting my point. Where were all these game protests to those events?

Trump says something and it blows them up. Baltimore burned down and .......silence.

If I wanted SJW commentary or actions in my sports and entertainment, I'd let you know with increased attendance, TV viewership and purchases.

It's not a strategy to develop your brand with. But what do I know. The average poor person can't even afford to attend an NFL game but let's not point out that hypocrisy.

Pissing off a good chunk of your most monetizable fan base sure seems like a great strategy to me.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Anyways, I though the anthem was suppose to put your right hand to the heart and stand still while singing. WTF did kneeling come from
? That is Imperialist crap. Anyways, I don't watch sports.
edit on 24-9-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join