It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire High School Football Team Kneels For National Anthem

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Anyone else find this whole story a bit annoying?

On the same day as Trumps comments about kneeling footballers, North Korea stands in front of the UN and says that Trump has made a "Irreversible mistake" and that their nuclear capabilities are almost fully operation, then to make it worse America starts sending fighters and bombers to fly around the North Korean boarder in a show of force. The drum beats of war starting banging harder yesterday and yet this morning I wake up to find that everyone seems to care more about what Trump had to say about a few kneeling steroid junkies.

So while tensions on the Korean peninsular are building to a level not seen in peace time, we are all talking about what Trump thinks of kneeling footballers. I don't blame Trump for this, I blame the media for turning this non-story into international news. One of the few things I like about Trump is that unlike other politicians he tends to just say what he really thinks, even if 90% of the time those thoughts seem to akin to those of a ape high on coke, at least he tells us what he really thinks (usually via Twitter). We all know then that Trump has a tendency to say random controversial crap, its almost like his trademark, but for the media to cause a storm every time this moron opens his mouth (or tweets) is honestly getting annoying.

We get its MSN, Trump says some dumb stuff! now can we focus on the real issues facing the world?

I am sure we all know what is going to happen now, all of the NFL are going to be kneeling in protest of what he has said and that will also do its round in the international media. Yet all the while in Bruma almost a million refugees are fleeing what amounts to ethnic genocide, when did we last hear about the war in Darfur? or who else caught the news that health organisations are starting to brick it over a new strain of "Super Malaria"?

Its almost sickening that with all the horrible stuff going on in the world right now, this morning when I check on the news the leading international headlines are about what some orange sack of balls had to say about a group of idiots chasing a balling round a park.

I feel a rant coming on!!!!

I understand where you are coming from, and I partially agree.. but when you said you dont blame Trump for this.. That I disagree with. Trump tweeted 3 times unprovoked about this, then went on camera and made public statements about it. He is the one who perpetuated it. Everyone else was responding in kind. It was all backlash from his public decries.

Yes, there are more important things than football. However, if you are really really paying attention, this is not about football. This is about charloettesville, and St. Louis, and Berkley, and all those who were unjustly killed by police officers. This is about racial inequality in America.

But I do get your point, that... in order for there to be racial equality in America, the US needs to exist, as in, Nuclear winter needs to not happen. So yes, plus 1 to you sir

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
dp
edit on 24-9-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: Onslaught9966

originally posted by: carewemust
I bet the parents and spectators in the stands were appalled. I would be. No way my high-school son would kneel.

It is so crazy how you flag worshipers don't even realize how programmed you are by the government. It started in school and now you are probably programming your child to do the same.

Another thing that I find interesting is that the whiners and complainers are the same exact people who cry about the constitution and how it is being disrespected, yet will cry about people using their first amendment right.

You call us "worshipers" and Government "programmed".

I call it showing a little respect for the hundreds of thousands who have died fighting for that flag.

So the idiots have the right to ignorantly protest that which they know nothing about.

I say the ones kneeling are the brainwashed, programmed drones.

I understand why you might be annoyed at this kind of protest and even find it disrespectful but did those very same people who died for that flag not also die to protect the freedoms that let these players protest in anyway they see fit.

In respecting those who have died in defence of freedom of speech should we not also be respectful of those who exercise that right even if we disagree with them?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Thanks for ranting for me.

Talk about dumb? Boy, we Americans are just idiots for letting this ridiculousness of kneeling getting any attention at all.

So much more to care about-serious issues around the world. This is just too, too dumb. I'll let your rant speak for me.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

To be clear I do think that ultimately Trump is to blame for this, he is the one who said it.

Yet I think the media have a responsibility to report things in proportion to their wider implications, Trump saying he is annoyed at kneeling footballers is not really such a big story when we look at what is going on in Korea. This should be a page 12 story, not on the front page with a double spread.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

I was saying deporting, arresting of forcing them to stand for the flag is exactly what America does NOT represent and what places like NK DO represent.

By the sound of it, you're all for it! Get on over to NK where everyone stands for the national anthem and people can be killed for 'defiance.' You'll #ing love it there

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Good for the kids, Perhaps this will finally get some law on the books that makes it illegal to treat one race differently than the other.....

oh wait...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Yeah, kids. What the hell do kids know? They're just going along with something they have no clue about. They're about at switched on as crackheads and celebrities but you go ahead and applaud them.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Reporter: "The year is 2057. Today we're speaking to Kip, one of the new Founding Fathers of modern times. So sir, in our enlightened times, where injustice and inequality are things of the past, how did you help change history?"

Kip: "Yeah brah, like, you know, there was, like, that Nazi dude Trump, and like you know, like he said some #, and like we were like, 'Woah thats bogus dude!'. So we like knelt during that old farts song before games and #. It was gnarly brah."

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

The hate wont last much longer.

You severely under estimate the human race.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Here we have STUDENTS.. KIDS.. of ALLL COLORS.. unifying TOGETHER, kneeling TOGETHER, for one just cause.. to protest the social injustices! These kids are setting a good example!

Kids are being indoctrinated and exploited, now by you as well. Good job.

The entire team you say? Not one dissenting voice?

This is truly incredible. I am so proud of those kids, bucking the trend and doing what is right! The hate wont last much longer. The good will prevail, the revolution is beginning.

Baaaaa

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Kids that might have actually seen some form of injustice (cops rousting and trying to intimidate teenagers for just hanging out) is more understandable to me than people making millions of dollars a year playing a game telling me about the injustice of America while you have soldiers trying to raise a family and needing food stamps, or fire fighters making just over minimum wage.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: Onslaught9966

originally posted by: carewemust
I bet the parents and spectators in the stands were appalled. I would be. No way my high-school son would kneel.

It is so crazy how you flag worshipers don't even realize how programmed you are by the government. It started in school and now you are probably programming your child to do the same.

Another thing that I find interesting is that the whiners and complainers are the same exact people who cry about the constitution and how it is being disrespected, yet will cry about people using their first amendment right.

You call us "worshipers" and Government "programmed".

I call it showing a little respect for the hundreds of thousands who have died fighting for that flag.

So the idiots have the right to ignorantly protest that which they know nothing about.

I say the ones kneeling are the brainwashed, programmed drones.

Or maybe we actually understand & appreciate the freedoms afforded us in the bill of rights and think they're worth laying down our lives in their defense. Think about that you brainwashed little whiner

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

No honor or unity there, just sheeple. :/

edit on 24-9-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: stosh64

I wonder how many of those hundreds of thousands would join with those kids and do the same thing given the state of your country under the current administration , just because they died for the flag doesn't mean they'd support the division of your country engineered by Mr Trump and his crew.

What is all this "dying for a flag" bulls%%t. We didn't fight for a flag. We fought for the guy sitting behind us in the cockpit, or the guys on the ground about to be overrun, or the guy who had just ejected and was trying to avoid a stay in the Hanoi Hilton. I can guarantee that the last thing we were thinking of as the missile launch warning went off in our headphones was a piece of cloth. We fought because there were people we had never met who were trying to kill us for some reason.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

They died for our Country, and the FREEDOM it represents. The kneeling is a protest to that FREEDOM being stepped on by oppressors. You should be kneeling right there with them. I was in the Armed Forces myself, and I take NO OFFENSE AT ALL to those kneeling during the anthem.

I understand why you might be annoyed at this kind of protest and even find it disrespectful but did those very same people who died for that flag not also die to protect the freedoms that let these players protest in anyway they see fit.

Exactly!!! We live in a country where protesting injustices no matter if you agree with it or not is protected by our constitution. It's called FREEDOM to voice and express injustices! It's the corner stone of what our country is all about!!! America has had a history of public expression and defiance toward some U.S. policies and it's president's stance on issues. The Vietnam War and Olympic civil rights protests are just a couple of these examples.

A person's right to air grievances without fear of retribution or censorship is fundamental to democracy in the United States. Free expression of one's beliefs is encoded in the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which generally protects free speech, freedom of religion, freedom of the press, and freedom of assembly.

People who are complaining about Americans expressing their constitutional rights and saying they should go live in another country, seems like they would rather have a country that oppresses freedom of expression. I doubt they would like the U.S. to fall in-line like brainwashed and controlled robots. Makes me think of a country Americans and the western world have all criticized for doing just that...

Trump is trying to regulate FREEDOM of expression at a time when the U.S. is being threatened with nukes is absolutely ridiculous! He has enough on his plate than to comment on something that's protected by the first amendment of our constitution!

For those of you who worship Trump, stop making excuses for him!! If Obama or Hillary commented on this during a time of great concern of America being threatened, you would all be complaining about it and rightly so! Stop acting like political zombies and ignoring the stupid and ignorant crap that comes out of Trump's mouth. Just because he says things that's on his mind clearly means he can't control or temper his outrageous and ignorant rhetoric. Instead you should be demanding him to address some of his campaign promises like term limits which many Americans can agree with! It's issues like this he should be addressing instead of criticizing Americans executing their constitutional rights!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Super rich spoiled celebrities.
Super rich spoiled sports stars.

They seem to hate Trump and influence kids to hate too.

Guess who the left is in bed with? Yep the super rich and spoiled.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I do not worship the guy, did not vote for him, will not vote for him if he runs again, but...

Last time I checked he is still a citizen and allowed to also exercise his freedom of speech, is it tacky thing to do since he has a much bigger platform sure, but he still has that right.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Super rich spoiled celebrities.
Super rich spoiled sports stars.

They seem to hate Trump and influence kids to hate too.

Guess who the left is in bed with? Yep the super rich and spoiled.

.... You understand the politics of the left involve redistribution of wealth from the super wealthy to the poor? I think you'll find the left tends not to be in bed with many super rich people at all.

And Trump, the man who had his apartments plated with gold and sits in thrones, does not count as being 'super rich and spoiled'?!!?!?!

I don't have enough exclamation marks to express my astonishment.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Yes let's unite against the son of a bitch.

It's okay for him to call players mother's bitches I guess what's good for the goose...

We should all take a knee when they play the anthem. Until they make this a country for ALL Americans not just the white ones.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join