It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire High School Football Team Kneels For National Anthem

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Oldtimer2

It's their first amendment right. How can the school stop them ?

Blerg.

I absolutely loathe agreeing with you.

West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Besides politics has no reason to appear at the sports venue!

All of this seems to make so much sense to me because I am seeing through a set of eyes that have seen much, and I started recognizing the patterns a long time back. That is part of the reason I stumbled onto ATS.

Again I have to refer back to another time. I grew up in the country, in an era where they still had White and Colored water fountains. In an era where Blacks could not sit at the counters, or try on the clothes they bought before buying them, and though I am an old fart, I have not quite made full retirement age yet, so it was not "that long ago.

As a youngster, I was told that your right to vote was private. It was the reason there were booths with curtains when you vote, so no one can see. Back then, it was considered rude and invasive to even ask anyone who they voted for. No one ever shared that information with anyone, except for those that they were close to and that they trusted. Another thing about back then, is that none of the old folk trusted the government. White or Colored, the old folk repeated the warning, "Don't trust the government", anytime the word government was mentioned.

Everything that once carried a thread of unity among us Americans, regardless of how flimsy, It is now being used as a weapon refitted in a very effective manner to cause division among the people. They have become masters of remotely managing the provocateurs and at controlling us. Social media is God.

We know what is going on, we see it. We recognize it. Yet we are so conditioned that even when we know in our heart of hearts that we are being manipulated, being played, being controlled, we can't stop doing as we are programed to do. We are the zombies. We have been invaded. Our bodies have been snatched. The matrix is functioning as designed, and our hive minds are fully engaged.

Now when do we pull the plug? There is no knight in shinning armor. No Cavalry over the horizon. There is no spoon. You are Nemo. You just chose the wrong pill.

edit on 25-9-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Seriously...all you have to do is make a video with words that fade in and out on a screen telling an emotional story, then directing people to believe something by using words that are meant to influence emotional decision making. Once people say "this is what I think" and attach it to an visual cues meant to elicit emotions, they don't easily change their views.

You can then spend a thousand bucks having this video "served" as native ads in thousands and thousands of peoples feeds who may have a viewpoint that would agree with it. Presto, you have implanted a meme that becomes a talking point for a viewpoint.

Or maybe you create a website with a legit sounding name, and start churning out made up BS meant to steer peoples opinions a certain way. Spend a couple hundred bucks having bots share your BS stories out into FB, Twitter, and Reddit....boom, instant implant of a talking point meme and viewpoint that is then repeated ad nauseum.

This is what happens here every day. Its the modern world. In a society that has no notions of caveat emptor, even otherwise intelligent people become unwitting assets of people who may or may not be associated with a government (ours or otherwise).

Information Wars...a real thing, despite the use of the phrase by that bloated nitwit.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
It is so obvious.

The transparency that was demanded is in our face. The inner workings of the clock are fully exposed. Yet so many of us are either oblivious, or so caught up in the stream, and self, that they can't make it back to the shore.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Great way to respect your country. Thanks NFL.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
I am so proud of those kids, bucking the trend and doing what is right!

Bucking the trend.

BUCKING?

I suspect you don't understand what that means so I'm going to explain it to you because I am nice like that. "Bucking the trend" means "going against the trend". NOT doing what is becoming fashionable. When the entire team does it then everyone on the team is "joining the trend".

And while we're on it.... THIS is what qualifies as "doing what is right" for you?

I mean... I'm not American I don't feel any special anything for your flag or your anthem. But when paint pictures of Mohamed or burn other people's holy books then they are doing a version of this. They are saying, "I disdain this thing that you venerate." Free speech is a wonderful thing and deserves to be defended. But people are showing themselves up when they use it to intentionally inflict harm and cause division. And this disrespect of the nation that gives them so much is a totally SUCKY way to make a point.

If you have a point and are not just "jumping on the bandwagon". Which is the opposite of "bucking the trend". Just so you know.

But anyhoo. Carry on with the proud moment. Don't mean to take the shine off of it or anything.
edit on 26/9/2017 by Bootifool because: always more to say

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Russia came up with the Russia conspiracy with the liberals, the liberals are helping the Russians win by dividing the country like this.

Divide and conquer, you people are literally retarded. Its a giant chess game and Putin's winning.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: WhyDidIJoin

"You people"

Who do you refer to?

I often find that when people spout "you people" followed by inane garbage they are actually most ill-informed of all.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aboom
Showing disrespect for your country is shameful. Ship them to n. Korea for a month- i guarantee they'd stand up for the anthem when they came back IF they could. United we stand, divided we fall. Let's get over ourselves and accept Trump or at least tolerate him for our countries sake. What you people are doing is not only messed up, it's stupidly selfish and potentially sabotaging the livelihood of others.

The thing is ... they don't understand the significance of a national flag to people who were in the military. To them it's the really cool and daring thing to kneel instead of stand.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

"Cause the masses to unite against him"... What are you smoking?... Millions of People are united with President Trump... Neither you, or every moron of every color and age who is using this travesty simply as a political tool do not speak for the millions of Americans and legal residents who still support President Trump.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I, for one, am happy the overpaid NFL dolts are making a scene. People will tune out football and tune in NASCAR instead. NFL will never get those viewers back and it serves them right for politicizing sports.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: Aboom
Showing disrespect for your country is shameful. Ship them to n. Korea for a month- i guarantee they'd stand up for the anthem when they came back IF they could. United we stand, divided we fall. Let's get over ourselves and accept Trump or at least tolerate him for our countries sake. What you people are doing is not only messed up, it's stupidly selfish and potentially sabotaging the livelihood of others.

The thing is ... they don't understand the significance of a national flag to people who were in the military. To them it's the really cool and daring thing to kneel instead of stand.

You are right. Our young people have been manipulated by social media to be hashtag knee jerk followers who don't even contribute to the causes they kneel for. Clueless to the max and brainless idiots.
edit on 28-9-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Yeah NASCAR has such great respect for our Flag:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

More than the NFL. I call fake image on your post.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

originally posted by: Gryphon66

More than the NFL. I call fake image on your post.

did you try looking before you started calling? because it looks 100% legit after less than two minutes of reverse image searching.

www.gettyimages.com...-flags-are-seen-flying-over-the-infield-campground-prio r-picture-id487150260
edit on 28-9-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Sure and I found similar images at NFL games too. Ha ha.

a3.espncdn.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

then why did you call it a fake, ha ha?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Okay. Prove it.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
Okay.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Because it is. There are photoshop tells.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join