It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire High School Football Team Kneels For National Anthem

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The minute Trump dropped those Tweets and Roger Goddell replied I knew this whole thing would blow up... and in the best way possible. Once Steph Curry, and Lebron replied.. then all the NFL owners as well... IT WAS GLORIOUS!!!!

Trump was right.. he will unify this country. The best way to unify people, is to find a common enemy, and that enemy is Mr. Trump himself!

Everyone's biggest argument was "blah blah blah athletes getting paid millions to play a game due to the flag and this country, how dare they disrespect it, blah blah, blah" and "blah blah ratings blah blah" and "You dont have freedom of speech at work blah blah blah"

Here we have STUDENTS.. KIDS.. of ALLL COLORS.. unifying TOGETHER, kneeling TOGETHER, for one just cause.. to protest the social injustices!

These kids are setting a good example!

Trump didnt expect that his outlandish behavior would fuel the fire, and actually FURTHER the agenda he is opposing, and cause the masses to unite against him. He has gone too far. Now, society is bouncing back!

q13fox.com...

ATTLE — The entire Garfield High School football team, including the coaches, took a knee during the national anthem Friday night before their game against West Seattle High on Friday night to protest “social injustices.” Our news partner The Seattle Times captured the action on video: Garfield High football players kneel during national anthem h After the game, which Garfield won, Garfield High School head football coach Joey Thomas said that "the players decided to do this" to bring attention to "social injustices," emphasizing that it was "a player-driven" move and that his players plan to continue the practice during the anthem before every game "until they tell us to stop." Here is an interview with head coach Joey Thomas: Garfield High School football coach on team kneeling h About four or five players on the West Seattle High School team also knelt during the anthem at the Southwest Athletic Complex in the West Seattle area. Seattle Public Schools issued the following statement: “Students kneeling during the national anthem are expressing their rights protected by the First Amendment. Seattle Public Schools supports all students' right to free speech.” The recent public protests during the national anthem at sports events began a couple of weeks ago when San Francisco 49ers backup quarterback Colin Kaepernick sat during the national anthem to protest racial injustice. After receiving some criticism that he was disrespecting the flag, Kaepernick started kneeling during the anthem. Several other NFL players have also begun kneeling during the anthem. This is believed to be the first time that an entire high school football team knelt during the anthem.

This is truly incredible. I am so proud of those kids, bucking the trend and doing what is right!

The hate wont last much longer. The good will prevail, the revolution is beginning.

+45 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

More ignorance from coaches and teachers,how can this be condoned by the school,liberal morons are monkey see monkey do,just trying to be cool,disrespectful punks in my book

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

More ignorance from coaches and teachers,how can this be condoned by the school,liberal morons are monkey see monkey do,just trying to be cool,disrespectful punks in my book

+38 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
It's just the latest fad.

Kneeling at football games is the new fidget spinner of the late 2010's.

These are high school kids we're talking about, they don't even know what they're kneeling for and half of them probably did it because of peer pressure.

Yawn.

The coaches should be fired.
edit on 24-9-2017 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Showing disrespect for your country is shameful. Ship them to n. Korea for a month- i guarantee they'd stand up for the anthem when they came back IF they could. United we stand, divided we fall. Let's get over ourselves and accept Trump or at least tolerate him for our countries sake. What you people are doing is not only messed up, it's stupidly selfish and potentially sabotaging the livelihood of others.

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Aboom

There are posts saying players should be forced to stand, be deported or serve jail time. Seems some people are cultivating their inner Kim by advocating things that asshole does in his country. If it's wrong over there, it's wrong over here.

Kneeling for the anthem is surely a lesser evil than the three options mentioned above.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aboom
Showing disrespect for your country is shameful. Ship them to n. Korea for a month- i guarantee they'd stand up for the anthem when they came back IF they could. United we stand, divided we fall. Let's get over ourselves and accept Trump or at least tolerate him for our countries sake. What you people are doing is not only messed up, it's stupidly selfish and potentially sabotaging the livelihood of others.

How is it "showing disrespect?"

They still have their hand on their hearts. Theyre just kneeling.

They are protesting injustices. You think they should leave and find a new country then?

How does that make sense? Wouldnt you rather make this country BETTER?

If you move into or are born into a really nice house, but one day the downstairs toilet overflows... would you buy a new house and move? Or would you just have it fixed?

Exactly.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I bet the parents and spectators in the stands were appalled. I would be. No way my high-school son would kneel.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
All Trump is doing is uniting the country against his party. Another bonus about these kids, professional players kneeling and the coaches, owners and commissioner speaking up against Trump is that it triggers the Trump people hard.

edit on 24-9-2017 by Onslaught9966 because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I bet the parents and spectators in the stands were appalled. I would be. No way my high-school son would kneel.

It is so crazy how you flag worshipers don't even realize how programmed you are by the government. It started in school and now you are probably programming your child to do the same.

Another thing that I find interesting is that the whiners and complainers are the same exact people who cry about the constitution and how it is being disrespected, yet will cry about people using their first amendment right.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Here we have STUDENTS.. KIDS.. of ALLL COLORS.. unifying TOGETHER, kneeling TOGETHER, for one just cause.. to protest the social injustices!

Kids are freaking idiots. They don't give a crap about any of this, they just want to be in on the new trend and pretend to be fighting the man.

They're doing it to get laid and/or Facebook likes.

DAE think racism is like so bad!!???? Like and comment if you do!

This is the laziest kind of protest I've ever heard of. You kneel down when a song gets played. You're idiots. The pros are idiots. Do something more meaningful, go do some charity work or help little black kids read or something.

I don't give a crap if someone doesn't say the pledge of allegiance or stand for the national anthem, I DO care that they act like it's actually doing anything when it wouldn't be all that hard to ACTUALLY SOMETHING.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught9966

Another thing that I find interesting is that the whiners and complainers are the same exact people who cry about the constitution and how it is being disrespected, yet will cry about people using their first amendment right.

Those people are idiots too. You can do whatever the f--- you want if you're not hurting other people. Of course they should be allowed sit or kneel or whatever.

My issue is acting like such a stupid fad means anything. It doesn't mean crap, and is alienating all the people that would probably otherwise support you (even if they are being dumbasses).

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It's one thing to stand for a cause,so are you condoning acting in defiance,when the person in question has upheld laws for once,what has he done against the taxpayers,nothing but looking out for them,liberals like you are the problem,rioting,acting childish because they think they are right,grow the hell up

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught9966

originally posted by: carewemust

It is so crazy how you flag worshipers don't even realize how programmed you are by the government. It started in school and now you are probably programming your child to do the same.

You call us "worshipers" and Government "programmed".

I call it showing a little respect for the hundreds of thousands who have died fighting for that flag.

So the idiots have the right to ignorantly protest that which they know nothing about.

I say the ones kneeling are the brainwashed, programmed drones.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Thats hilarious...

All those people did not die for a flag.. a piece of fabric..

They died for our Country, and the FREEDOM it represents. The kneeling is a protest to that FREEDOM being stepped on by oppressors. You should be kneeling right there with them. I was in the Armed Forces myself, and I take NO OFFENSE AT ALL to those kneeling during the anthem.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Yes, they are. Add HYPOCRITES of the worst kind, too.

They are destroyers of civilization. The majority of people know this and as the facade drops we can see them for what they are.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I call it showing a little respect for the hundreds of thousands who have died fighting for that flag.

I wonder how many of those hundreds of thousands would join with those kids and do the same thing given the state of your country under the current administration , just because they died for the flag doesn't mean they'd support the division of your country engineered by Mr Trump and his crew.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Anyone else find this whole story a bit annoying?

On the same day as Trumps comments about kneeling footballers, North Korea stands in front of the UN and says that Trump has made a "Irreversible mistake" and that their nuclear capabilities are almost fully operation, then to make it worse America starts sending fighters and bombers to fly around the North Korean boarder in a show of force. The drum beats of war starting banging harder yesterday and yet this morning I wake up to find that everyone seems to care more about what Trump had to say about a few kneeling steroid junkies.

So while tensions on the Korean peninsular are building to a level not seen in peace time, we are all talking about what Trump thinks of kneeling footballers. I don't blame Trump for this, I blame the media for turning this non-story into international news. One of the few things I like about Trump is that unlike other politicians he tends to just say what he really thinks, even if 90% of the time those thoughts seem to akin to those of a ape high on coke, at least he tells us what he really thinks (usually via Twitter). We all know then that Trump has a tendency to say random controversial crap, its almost like his trademark, but for the media to cause a storm every time this moron opens his mouth (or tweets) is honestly getting annoying.

We get its MSN, Trump says some dumb stuff! now can we focus on the real issues facing the world?

I am sure we all know what is going to happen now, all of the NFL are going to be kneeling in protest of what he has said and that will also do its round in the international media. Yet all the while in Bruma almost a million refugees are fleeing what amounts to ethnic genocide, when did we last hear about the war in Darfur? or who else caught the news that health organisations are starting to brick it over a new strain of "Super Malaria"?

Its almost sickening that with all the horrible stuff going on in the world right now, this morning when I check on the news the leading international headlines are about what some orange sack of balls had to say about a group of idiots chasing a balling round a park.

I feel a rant coming on!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Part of living in a free country is accepting some people will protest in ways you personally might not like.

And at heart, what are these people protesting? That it's wrong for Cops to murder innocent people and get away with it?

The protest is not worse than the crimes they are protesting.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Why do Americans have a national anthem before these minor sporting events, anyway? It was bound to come to this at some stage, especially when politicised.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join