It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean leaders 'won't be around much longer' if they strike US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Just heard Foreign Minister of North Korea speak at U.N.," the president tweeted late Saturday. "If he echoes thoughts of Little Rocket Man, they won't be around much longer

I agree with the President that we should be tatgetting the leadership of North Korea and not the people. I realize President Trump needs to officially keep the nuclear option on the table, but it is my hope that it would never be used. Mankind cannot afford to keep detonating these things nor should we harm innocent people for the actions of their insane leadership.

There is no reason for excessive bloodshed here.

Source

edit on 2017/9/24 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I agree but for one thing.
I also think that Trump vociferously keeping the nuclear option on the table is also insane.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

The USA is LOOKING for DPRK to make a mistake so they can say, "Operation is a go". At the same time the USA is trying to reign in Iran before any precedent is set with DPRK.

I sincerely hope when the history is written on all of this that we hear that Trump was a masterful brinxman and averted crisis and saved the day.. I really hope so.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Goading North Korea to either START the 12 hour war, or to TOTALLY DENUCLEARIZE are what the U.S. seeks.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mrperplexed

Problem with brinkmanship is you gotta be prepared to push the button.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Which is why they won't strike the US , they will keep poking their stick at the short tempered one in the hope they strike first which will give them an excuse to hit South Korea though.

Just heard Foreign Minister of North Korea speak at U.N. If he echoes thoughts of Little Rocket Man, they won't be around much longer!

What a statesman , diplomacy in 140 characters or less.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I've been watchin, and i do not believe that the north of anywhere can actually create anything other than a Daewoo.

Who says his latest fart was a H=Bomb.... could he not drop something more serious but of a lower calibre into thinking he is more advanced than he is ?

He's a grub, it wouldn't take much for his tribe to show mutiny, truth they can see would work best.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Trump have been advised to say these things, its necessary to deal with a person as Kim this way.
Your traditional diplomacy and trade restrictions do not work on NK.
If Trump told everyone why he have been playing the field the way he do.. he would loose ground and break the illusion that he is weaving to fool Kim to believe he is rdy to dust NK

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Just heard Foreign Minister of North Korea speak at U.N.," the president tweeted late Saturday. "If he echoes thoughts of Little Rocket Man, they won't be around much longer

I agree with the President that we should be tatgetting the leadership of North Korea and not the people. I realize President Trump needs to officially keep the nuclear option on the table, but it is my hope that it would never be used. Mankind cannot afford to keep detonating these things nor should we harm innocent people for the actions of their insane leadership.

There is no reason for excessive bloodshed here.

Source

nuclear option? hell no

I would in fact say Trump should boast about how its off the table...that he doesn't need such a overcompensation to take down what amounts to a small state. We have enough in our arsenal to take down every structure built 30 times over at nearly a moments notice without even bothering to get the big bombs, much less a nuke.

There really needs to be a stigma attached to nukes.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Trump have been advised to say these things, its necessary to deal with a person as Kim this way.
If Trump told everyone why he have been playing the field the way he do.. he would loose ground and break the illusion that he is weaving to fool Kim to believe he is rdy to dust NK

I like your hypothesis a lot more than the other possibility that Trump is just properly unhinged

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Spacespider

I like your hypothesis a lot more than the other possibility that Trump is just properly unhinged

To be fair, his UN speech absolutely sounded like it had been written by great speech writers. I was like, "Yeah, yep, hmmm, definitely, makes sense," as he was talking; it was diplomatic and wise. I was literally nodding in agreement until the final parts when it became closer to Trump's vision and veered off into "F*** you Iran and NK!!"

Still, if someone wrote and vetted the good parts of the speech, it makes sense they wrote and vetted the remainder. There's no evidence Trump can write at that level and much evidence that he can't write well at all.

So yeah, he was speaking policy and promises imho.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Meh . Just get it done already .

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I was impressed with Trump at the UN, but one thing that I`m not sure of, wondering if you or someone else could clear up?

The speech went for about 45mins and at no time did I see him reading from a script, he would methodically turn from left to right every so minutes. At times in a close up camera angle from his right and to our left there can be seen a perspex (i guess) what looks like clear prompter or something, but in the main view from the camera angle straight on I can`t see any prompter that he could read left or right of him.

If there was nothing he was reading, thats a heck of a speech to memories for a person half your country and rocket boy refers to a doltard.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

The speech went for about 45mins and at no time did I see him reading from a script, he would methodically turn from left to right every so minutes.

He was reading from autocue , left and right of the podium are where the screens are placed.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Oh ok cheers, I`ll have a harder look, I was looking for them though when he was giving the speech, maybe its my eye sight which wouldn`t surprise me.

ETA
There is a really good view at 10 sec mark from an angle a little behind Trump and from his left giving a good view of the podium and all towards the left of him, I can`t see a prompter or such?

The Israeli PM read from a paper script in front of him.

Sorry didn`t mean to thread drift but this was bugging me to much.
edit on 24-9-2017 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

The perspex screens you saw were them , the text is projected onto them.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Here is the thing. This day in age with our advanced technology, we have some of the best special operatives in our military.

There is absolutely no reason to bomb the f out of them killing thousands of innocent civilians. The folks over there are being held captive and being brainwashed by that regime. It's not there fault. It would take much to remove their blinders and open their eyes to the outside world.

Send in a precision strike team, cut the head off the snake. If they did it with Osama, they can surely do it with Rocket Man.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
We all want to believe the U.S. military can defend against anything North Korea throws at us, even a nuke. However, it only takes 1 nuke to slip through our defenses to kill thousands or possibly millions of innocent lives. I'm not just thinking about American lives, but also the people of Guam and South Korea. Even if the U.S. attacked North Korea, it would take less than a minute for them to launch an all out military bombardment against South Korea.

Removing Kim's regime covertly from the inside would be much smarter, rather than to launch an all out attack and possibly endangering neighboring countries with radiation fallout. I would think some of Kim's closest military officers have to believe he's insane for threatening the U.S. and possibly causing an annihilation of their entire country. Some say they're afraid of him, but I would think losing their own lives and that of their own families would outweigh any concern of mounting a military coup against Kim.

I hope the U.S. takes the route to eliminate Kim internally rather than launching an all out attack. However, if Kim launches an attack against the U.S. or it's allies, all bets are off.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

I agree with all you've said apart from the Bin Laden comparison. That guy was holed up in a 3rd World country compound with next to no security.

In contrast, Kim's nested in a very secure citadel in the middle of NK and surrounded by half a million soldiers and top end military technology. He has underlings who would die for him knowing he'd have them killed if they didn't. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that he's got bunkers with escape tunnels. If you were an egocentric dictator facing execution, you'd do the same thing.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Oh no doubt the task would be much harder, but we are Americans. We are problem solvers.

This issue could easily be handled with the most minimal amount of bloodshed. That is of coarse if your not looking to profit from another war.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join