It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Slams "Terrorism-Funding" Saudi Arabia, "Not An Ally" Of The US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
It is hard for me to agree with Bernie sometimes but in this case I agree 100% !

Sanders issued a scathing denunciation of the Gulf kingdom, which has recently embarked on a new round of domestic repression.

“I consider [Saudi Arabia] to be an undemocratic country that has supported terrorism around the world, it has funded terrorism... They are not an ally of the United States.”

The Vermont senator accused the “incredibly anti-democratic” Saudis of “continuing to fund madrasas” and spreading “an extremely radical Wahhabi doctrine in many countries around the world.”

“They are fomenting a lot of hatred,” he added.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

What's going to happen in 2 decades when their oil is worthless?

Volvo is ending gas only cars in a year and Britain is banning all new gas and diesel vehicles in 2040.

I wonder if widespread Islamic terrorism has the same expiration date as Saudi wealth.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Volvo is ending gas only cars in a year and Britain is banning all new gas and diesel vehicles in 2040.

I wonder if widespread Islamic terrorism has the same expiration date as Saudi wealth.

Dont worry, with all the arms the West is, has and will continue to sell them. By the time oil.becpmes of little value they will have enough weapons to go on an invasion sprèe to liberate electricity or whatever is of value (water?) From other countries.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Isn't the Petrodollar tied to Saudi oil? Wouldn't the end of Saudi oil money be the end for the West economically?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Isn’t Bernie the same guy that said Hillary Clinton would be a great president after she and the Democratic Party lied and cheated him out of the nomination???

Soooooo, I’ll pass on taking anything he says seriously...

Anyhow, cry me a river Bernie..

-Chris

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

So then you think SA is a great ally? Despite the fact that 19 of the 20 hijackers on 9-11 came from SA?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I bet if they did whatever they did to make Bernie turncoat, you would have to. They had to force Bernie to support Hillary. If they didn't the division would be even greater in the democratic ranks. Bernie was made to turn expressly so he'd lose his support. I mean that's about as obvious as can be. They got to him, but the question is through bribes or coercion. I'm thinking coercion covered up with token bribes since few people will look past the token bribes to see the coercion underneath.

Also regardless of what you think of Bernie, Saudi Arabia is run by disgusting despots that deserve nothing but scorn, revulsion and a complete loss of power.
edit on 9/24/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/24/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

They are investing in renewable energy systems like wind and solar power. They will still be rhere profiting from manufacturing and if they can get off with it, having a monopoly on supply by demanding that solar power is centralized through the use of large solar farms.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

That is a good question. From what I've read, extremist ideologies are far more likely to occur in poor countries. So the terrorists will still be around, maybe just not funded the same.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Way to go Bernie! At least he has the gonads to speak about something that is considered off limits. The U.S. has been kissing Saudi Arabia's butt for years!! Here are some cartoons that effectively drive the point across. Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well duh, any of us who have paid any attention know that Saudi Arabia (as well as Qatar, Turkey, a few more) are the worlds largest exporters of terrorism.

And we (the US military-industrial) hooks them up with military grade equipment, training, funding, etc for oil.

We all know this.

That's why it's amusing to hear Trump and his cultists chant "no more regime change, America first," while we're still in their back pockets.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So because you don’t like Hillary or Bernie you’ll disagree with him and side with Saudi Arabia as being a good ally?

How about you put your partisan politics aside for once and maybe deny a little ignorance?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Hypocrisy, lies and deceit are all part of the U.S. way, and Sanders ain't no different from any of them, example:

“In a world of vicious dictators, Syria’s Bashar Assad tops the list as a dictator who has killed hundreds of thousands of his own citizens to protect his own power and wealth. His regime’s use of chemical weapons against the men, women and children of his country, in violation of all international conventions and moral standards, makes him a war criminal.

Assad, democratically voted in and only labeled a "dictator" because he doesn't follow U.S. interests, many countries of South America know of this U.S. tactic well.

The chemical attacks are very similar to the tactic used against Iraq, additionally no proof has of yet been produced by the U.S. (with all their billions of tech and resources) of who was responsible for the attacks. It is also known of course that the U.S. are funding so called "moderate rebels" in the country, who on the face of it are no better than terrorists. And the U.S. also has a history of arming death squads in various countries, if it suits them.

“If there’s anything we should’ve learned from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, in which the lives of thousands of brave American men and women and hundreds of thousands of Iraqi and Afghan civilians have been lost and trillions of dollars spent, it’s that it’s easier to get into a war than get out of one. I’m deeply concerned that these strikes could lead to the United States once again being dragged back into the quagmire of long-term military engagement in the Middle East. If the last 15 years have shown anything, it’s that such engagements are disastrous for American security, for the American economy and for the American people.

Not one word mentioned about the lies used to orchestrate these wars.

“Further, the U.S. must work with all parties to reinforce longstanding international norms against the use of chemical weapons, to hold Russia and Syria to the 2013 deal to destroy these weapons and to see that violators are made accountable.”

Except the U.S. doesn't adhere to that principal themselves, notwithstanding the hollow and unproven accusations that Syria and Russia are supposed to be guilty of, the U.S. has breached countless international laws over the years, including arming and funding groups (see Nicaragua) and using depleted uranium and white phosphorus (Iraq and Syria) in various conflicts.

Bernie Sanders, very much part of the same machine that produced every other dishonest politician in the U.S, which also shares more similarities with Saudi Arabia, than some would care to admit

edit on -180002017-09-24T13:17:06-05:000000000630201706092017Sun, 24 Sep 2017 13:17:06 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Exactly right, people need to move beyond partisan rhetoric as it's an idiology. I don't like Bernie or Hillary myself.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I amazed how people are fine with arming this mob yet at the same time need to nuke Kim.

Are these people really that stupid, they complain the world is being taken over by radical Islam and scream Europe is falling yet are fine with this, maybe people are simply just that dense.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
They must not be paying him,otherwise he would be endorsing them,this dude is a big shill,you would think liberals would get the gist,but as this post goes,obvious they don't

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
They must not be paying him,otherwise he would be endorsing them,this dude is a big shill,you would think liberals would get the gist,but as this post goes,obvious they don't

So Saudi Arabia isn't a sponsor of terrorism?

I'm confused by some of the responses here.

edit on (9/25/1717 by PistolPete because: spelling

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Isn’t Bernie the same guy that said Hillary Clinton would be a great president after she and the Democratic Party lied and cheated him out of the nomination???
Soooooo, I’ll pass on taking anything he says seriously...
Sure...let's set him up there with all the GOP candidates that Trump personally insulted, and who are now his fart-catchers.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The way I see this as a positive... "At least someone in the public eye is stating the obvious"..

top topics

join