It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Carrey is #Woak

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Jim is woak.

Essentially these are videos are about how there is no self, or me. He says that he can take big chances with this thing people know as Jim Carrey. Says he can communicate in an authentic state because this is just happening it isn't me.

Wow. Deep thoughts coming from Jim Carrey.

There is no me, I am existing outside of the body/ world looking in. This is just a thing that's happening realizing that is what makes you free.

This is what I got out of Jim Carreys message.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Jim Carrey has had a few of these profound moments in the last few years. He's had an amazing transformation. Thanks for the videos.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Midlife crisis, or setup for his next movie ?

Kidding

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I agree with Jim, that we are all made of the same energy field. Personally, I think everything is made of God's own fabric, even our souls. However, the miracle is that despite our oneness, we all have individuality and volition. Kind of like the wave-particle duality.

So I believe that a large part of what he is saying is true, but I don't understand why he is so eager to dismiss his own existence as an individual soul. It seems like a defense mechanism to me, like he is trying to avoid confrontation with an uncomfortable truth. Look at his eyes when he talks. He looks sad, like he's in pain. I hope he finds the truth that he needs.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I won't even watch the video, he is an actor, he can act the part. Has he really changed? I have no clue, it would be hard to tell. It could be a deception to gain more support for his future movies for all I know.

Edit, I watched the first video and I agree a with most of the perception, but that does not mean he actually is sincere in his belief.
edit on 23-9-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Hes an actor not a writer. Unless youre implying this is scripted too, its not improv. I understand actors can play any 'role' but sometimes a transformation is a transformation. I heard he did a ton of mushrooms for his last role in the bad batch

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Unless you can prove otherwise...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen

Midlife crisis, or setup for his next movie ?

Kidding

Jim has been into Eckhart Tolle and other philosophers for as long as I can remember.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I won't even watch the video, he is an actor, he can act the part. Has he really changed? I have no clue, it would be hard to tell. It could be a deception to gain more support for his future movies for all I know.

Edit, I watched the first video and I agree a with most of the perception, but that does not mean he actually is sincere in his belief.

I have to agree. He rose to fame by talking out his ass anyway. He's just gone next level.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

So youre judging a guy for a movie he made in 1990? 27 years ago? Oh by the way, a really funny movie.

Jim would feel sorry for ya I bet

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

So youre judging a guy for a movie he made in 1990? 27 years ago? Oh by the way, a really funny movie.

K

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Shouldn't fields of energy be measurable as fields, ... of energy?

How could we possibly know about these particular intangibles? Couldn't they be entirely fictional?

Scientifically, we are 'connected', yes, we are all part of the same universe.

But we aren't 'all part of the same thing'. We are different and connected. There is a fundamental divide between us all.

In Physics, there are all types of separations of charge, structure, complexity, spatial relationship, spin and temporal relationship and to ignore our variety, differences and disconnection, when they far outnumber our similarities is NOT ethically, scientifically or philosophically valid.

Self does exist.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Since I don't have personal contact with Mr Carey, I'd have to rely on his public performances (which include his youtube expositions).

I judge him to be an exceptional comedic actor.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Since I don't have personal contact with Mr Carey, I'd have to rely on his public performances (which include his youtube expositions).

I judge him to be an exceptional comedic actor.

I'm not judging at all.

I just have a suspicion that anybody who had the answer wouldn't have a need to get up on a soapbox. He's an actor.

Those who know, remain silent. Talk is just talk, no matter how pretty.

edit on 23-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

You know BK, I find myself agree with you more over the years, you must be turning to the dark side with a little skepticism these days.

Happened to John C Dvorak too, something become more obvious as the information gathers/.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

In Physics, there are all types of separations of charge, structure, complexity, spatial relationship, spin and temporal relationship and to ignore our variety, differences and disconnection, when they far outnumber our similarities is NOT ethically, scientifically or philosophically valid.

Self does exist.

This is exactly what Planck's constant states...that a unified energy spectrum is divided into quantized boundaries of energy. If Jim subscribes to the "as above, so below" philosophy, then he would look for similarities between the physical and metaphysical (science and spirit). Therefore, the most logical conclusion is that we are both united by the same medium, yet expressed as individuals.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
He's vomiting up everything he was attached to. Hollywood has that effect on some actors after they awaken from the trance.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Therefore, the most logical conclusion is that we are both united by the same medium, yet expressed as individuals.

Don't Christians say this what they mean when they say you have to be part of the body of Christ?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Self does exist.

This is exactly what Planck's constant states...that a unified energy spectrum is divided into quantized boundaries of energy. If Jim subscribes to the "as above, so below" philosophy, then he would look for similarities between the physical and metaphysical (science and spirit). Therefore, the most logical conclusion is that we are both united by the same medium, yet expressed as individuals.

I could counter with Pali exclusion but the Planck constant is a scalar that defines minimum packetization size, it doesn't mix all the colours (into olive, usually).

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Right, an example being electro-magnetism.

We still barely understand photons and their behaviors, functions, interactions.

We already know that light carries information, if you will, and mutates DNA. Is it just coincidence that DNA's double helix somewhat resembles the dual oscillating wave form of e.m.?

Perhaps there is a yet to be defined "language" based off photonic patterns in nature.

We have a lot to learn.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join