It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN is going to crap

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
For those of you slating CNN and other networks and then sticking up for the BBC, if you check the BBC News website you will find they have nothing on North Korea admitting to having nukes either, and their main story is in fact the same Prince Charles - Camilla Parker Bowles wedding BS that the author of this thread was complaining about. Also, im watching the 6pm BBC news broadcast right now, there werent even any headlines, its been twenty minutes of camilla - Charles wedding coverage and then five minutes of something about the IRA and Sinn Fein, and thats it!

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I heard that Marry Camilla used be a man...

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Ummmm,

This was North Korea's most explicit public assertion that it possesses nuclear weapons. Senior members of the regime have privately spoken about its nuclear capability on several occasions in the past.

bbc

And as for the wedding, Charles is their future King, after all. I am sure in the UK that is really big news.

As for the IRA and Sinn Fein, the UK been dealing with terrorism longer than the US. What, because it's not OBL and Americans, nobody should care about it?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
CNN jumped the shark a long time ago...going from the once self-appointed "The most trusted name in news" to the gross-crusted shame it spews.They've degenerated into nothing but a glorified tv tabloid filled with self-promoting egocentrics providing the fickle with intentional half-truths.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Vajrayana]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vajrayana
CNN jumped the shark a long time ago...going from the once self-appointed "The most trusted name in news" to the gross-crusted shame it spews.They've degenerated into nothing but a glorified tv tabloid filled with self-promoting egocentrics providing the fickle with intentional half-truths.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Vajrayana]

'jumped the shark'. too funny!
great comments.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
No wonder I put on cnn at night when I'm in bed and need background noise to fall asleep too...it puts me asleep fast every night!

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MERC
For those of you slating CNN and other networks and then sticking up for the BBC, if you check the BBC News website you will find they have nothing on North Korea admitting to having nukes either, and their main story is in fact the same Prince Charles - Camilla Parker Bowles wedding BS that the author of this thread was complaining about. Also, im watching the 6pm BBC news broadcast right now, there werent even any headlines, its been twenty minutes of camilla - Charles wedding coverage and then five minutes of something about the IRA and Sinn Fein, and thats it!

Well, as the BBC is British (British Broadcasting Corporation) then it has the duty to provide news to the public that is relevant to our British little lives. The Camilla and Charles story is relevant to us because of the possibility that she may become our Queen *shudder* and can have great implications.

FYI: I watched the 6 too and there was headlines.

It has NO obligations to cater for international readers or viewers due to it being funded by license payers such as myself.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Nothing - nothing - is immune to "jumping the shark" or "turning to crap", although these are very subjective judgments.

Outcomes depends on the publisher's mission and resources and quality of leadership.

But in reality, Charles & Camilla as a controversial splash-of-royalty non-fake-war-on-terror item is the global news story of the day, like it or not.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Originally posted by MERC

Well, as the BBC is British (British Broadcasting Corporation) then it has the duty to provide news to the public that is relevant to our British little lives. The Camilla and Charles story is relevant to us because of the possibility that she may become our Queen *shudder* and can have great implications.

FYI: I watched the 6 too and there was headlines.

It has NO obligations to cater for international readers or viewers due to it being funded by license payers such as myself.

Im in Milton Keynes, England, so im not really that international. Your right though the 6pm News did have headlines, they came on at 6:30 and only mentioned the Royal wedding (which i guess in some way has relevants to my British little life) and the IRA, there was no mention of North Korea at all, even ITV news reported about North Korea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join