It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN is going to crap

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
CNN's webpage, in their infinite wisdom, has put the upcoming marriage of Prince Charles as their TOP STORY this morning. Can anyone explain to me how this is important news considering everything else going on in the world (Iraq, North Korea nukes, etc, etc).

www.cnn.com

Who's in charge anyway? Tony Blair?

Arghhhh!

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This isn't anything new; however, it is surprising they'd consider that tops North Korea's claim of having nuclear weapons.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
CNN isn't 'GOING TO' crap. It is crap and has
been for a long time. I don't know anyone who
actually watches it ... at least no one who
admits to watching it.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I would have to agree that it has been crap for a long time. I used to enjoy Crossfire and Larry king, but King doesn't know how to interview any more, and Crossfire has turned into just a couple of idiots yelling at each other.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
tottaly agreed, before i was in the know and understand how this world works i watched cnn with a beliefe that they were the most reliable source of information. looking back now i realize that they were and always will be a flaming load of poo.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
admits to watching it.

Uh, I watch it.

Granted it's not as entertaining as a 24/7 soap box for perverts, laughing stocks, imbicilic beauty pagent has-beens, criminals, liars, misogynists and sensationalists...

But the news isn't supposed to be circus. If CNN has gone downhill (as Ted Turner suggests) it's in it's race to the bottom to be as insipid and sensational as FoxNews.

PS - CNN pulled Crossfire.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
it's in it's race to the bottom

OMG ... Rant ... you watch CNN and admit it?

Seriously, I agree with this part of your statement.
I do think it's a race to see who can spin and lie the most,
and still get away with it. In CNN's case (and CBS), they
don't do it as well as everyone else.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
CNN is the first thing I watch in the morning and the last thing I watch at night.
Not the most in depth coverage no, but thats what newspapers are for. No TV news will ever be in depth.
However it sure as hell beats euronews, those idiots dn't even know hawaii is a part of the USA.
BBC is pretty good too.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
...and so is the biased cable-media: CNN and FOX especially.

To get the real stories of what's going on the world, you'll have to work out your brain and dig a lot deeper than what you see on tv or read in most newspapers.

Wake up! The media is owned by the very rich...the very rich and very powerful will only tell you what they want you to know and will tell you in a way they wan you to believe!

Watch it - but only to see what they aren't telling you, or to see the spin they are putting on what's really going on.

Now go...fly with the wind and spread the message!

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Uh, I watch it.

Granted it's not as entertaining as a 24/7 soap box for perverts, laughing stocks, imbicilic beauty pagent has-beens, criminals, liars, misogynists and sensationalists...

But the news isn't supposed to be circus. If CNN has gone downhill (as Ted Turner suggests) it's in it's race to the bottom to be as insipid and sensational as FoxNews.

lmao!!!

that was awsome!

I watch CNN too, I like it.
Though I have to say that BBC beats them all. They are absolutely the best when it comes to news.
BBC's HardTalk is the best political talk show there is.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The only television news I watch is FOX and some NBC/MSNBC. I think they're the only networks worth watching.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The only television news I watch is FOX and some NBC/MSNBC. I think they're the only networks worth watching.

Now that is frightening...but it explains alot. Ever think of reading an international newspaper for a change?

Its not a criticism, buddy, just a suggestion. Fox news is the most biased news out there.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
for 'real' news, the best show i know is the simpsons. or john stewart. the truth can be glimpsed best through satire in this day and age.
the network news is just a grand hegelian dialectic(problem, reaction, solution). there is no network news worth watching. CBC and BBC are as good as it gets.
just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
admits to watching it.

Uh, I watch it.

I take my hat off and salute you RANT. *salutes*

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You can bet that CNN is going to hell in a hand basket, and quickly:
Senator Calls for Release of Comments by CNN News Chief

Washington (CNSNews.com) - A member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee said Wednesday the videotaped comments of a CNN news executive claiming that U.S. troops in Iraq had targeted journalists should be released. The senator also condemned the remarks, saying they could provide fodder for enemies of the United States.

Sen. George Allen (R-Va.) called the comments by Eason Jordan, the head of CNN's news division, "outrageous and wrong," and said he wants to see the videotape of Jordan making the comments.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Gotta say that Rant is pretty dead on on this. I watch CNN frequently even though they are becoming just as insipid as FauxNews Corp.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
for 'real' news, the best show i know is the simpsons. or john stewart. the truth can be glimpsed best through satire in this day and age.
the network news is just a grand hegelian dialectic(problem, reaction, solution). there is no network news worth watching. CBC and BBC are as good as it gets.
just my opinion.

I'm with you on that buddy. Very good post! And agree about CBC, BBC too.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
TV news isn't about principles and quality, it's about ratings. If the majority want crap then that is what they will get. And from the growing popularity of Fox News, the people of America evidently want crap by the barrelfull.

It's about the money. Neither network really cares about fair and balanced journalism, they're just selling a product like any other corporation.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Been watching CNN for years. I have to agree, it repeats the same stories over and over again. Then when something new and important comes along and is posted on Web Sites such as this..CNN reports 'BREAKING NEWS" Prince Charles to Marry.

Now CNN will report that story over and over again..
Thing is, there is not a lot of major news channels reporting during the day so I'm stuck with over and over again and get real news from the Web.
Dallas

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
You can bet that CNN is going to hell in a hand basket, and quickly:
Senator Calls for Release of Comments by CNN News Chief

Washington (CNSNews.com) - A member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee said Wednesday the videotaped comments of a CNN news executive claiming that U.S. troops in Iraq had targeted journalists should be released. The senator also condemned the remarks, saying they could provide fodder for enemies of the United States.

Sen. George Allen (R-Va.) called the comments by Eason Jordan, the head of CNN's news division, "outrageous and wrong," and said he wants to see the videotape of Jordan making the comments.

seekerof

funny, that. i've read reports from INDEPENDENT journalists(british), who were brave enough to go into iraq by themselves to get unbiased coverage, that they were fired upon by US troops who clearly knew they were targeting western journalists.

there was the most obvious example when a tank blew a hole in the hotel DESIGNATED for indy journalists.
the whole concept of 'embedded journalism' blows all the credibility of the media right out of the water.
during vietnam, 'the liberal media' caused the huge antiwar movement by showing anything they saw. american soldiers purposely putting the flamethrower to a poor persons straw hut as 'policy' was one of the first real shockers. all of a sudden, USA didn't look like the knight in shining armour that america believed itself to be.
The War on Free Press was the first succesful, and only winnable, war against a concept by the new world order nazis.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join