It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Church Apologizes for Hosting Fashion Show 'Glorifying Satan'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: HorizonFall

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yeah nobody was going satanic in there.

If you don't see any satanic symbolism there ... I guess you'd associate with the audience; Oblivious.

Did you look at any of the other photos or videos? Images of fallen angels on their clothes, horns, pentagrams...

It's showbiz darling.

...just like all the imams, priests and vicars wearing fancy robes, waving their magical sticks and asking for donations.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: HorizonFall

Let's see...

Masonic checkered floor - Check

that would be an origional feature of the church

you have not thought this through - have you ?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Where's Merrily when the Church really needs her?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Let's see...

Not much to think through, honestly. The imagery is right there for you to see.

See that little drawing on her head? That's the Sigil of Lucifer. Obviously the floor was already checkered, which is likely another reason why they chose that location.

It is truly baffling that virtually all the senior members of this site are so apt to downplay and disregard satanism as benign. What kind of message are you people trying to send? On top of that, stories like this get buried by endless BS football stories... It's pretty disturbing.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

It is truly baffling that virtually all the senior members of this site are so apt to downplay and disregard satanism as benign.

There is a difference between benign and not real.

What kind of message are you people trying to send? On top of that, stories like this get buried by endless BS football stories... It's pretty disturbing.

Not everyone fears your boogieman.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I'm so offended I'm going to go find a bible and burn it, that will show those evil bastards.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Let's see...

Not much to think through, honestly. The imagery is right there for you to see.

See that little drawing on her head? That's the Sigil of Lucifer. Obviously the floor was already checkered, which is likely another reason why they chose that location.

It is truly baffling that virtually all the senior members of this site are so apt to downplay and disregard satanism as benign. What kind of message are you people trying to send? On top of that, stories like this get buried by endless BS football stories... It's pretty disturbing.

In my mind the satanic aspect of this story is the fact that someone is willing to be so EXTREMELY disrespectful towards a particular religions holy place for the purposes of self promotion - because that's exactly what it was. The sigil of Lucifer, the poorly done backdrop, it's all theatre for controversy belying the true satanism of self glorification at the expense of others.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

And then we have those who just out right deny it. Are you serious? Do you keep your head buried in the sand with all topics or just satanism and the occult? Pathetic.

And there is a difference between fear and awareness.
edit on 25-9-2017 by HorizonFall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

And then we have those who just out right deny it. Are you serious? Do you keep your head buried in the sand with all topics or just satanism and the occult? Pathetic.

Actually, I am serious and I was into the occult after turning my back on Christianity so I don't think "head buried in the sand" describes my experience.

And there is a difference between fear and awareness.

You made the statement that satanism is not benign, which means you fear it in some way.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Your statements are just plain confusing. Are you suggesting satanism is benign or "not real"?...

I don't fear it at all. I simply hate it. It is inherently evil, employing dark practices and rituals. Those who follow it are evil- true satanists, that is. Not some Anton LaVey cenobites who draw pentagrams and listen to Black Sabbath. True satanists, such as those who control the world. Who traffic and sacrifice children and newborn infants. The ones who use their power to perpetuate chaos and suffering. The ones who are behind little stunts such as the one in my OP, who instill apathy and ignorance towards their nature and practices so as to continue unabated and in the shadow of false perception.

The only way it will be exposed is if everyone is interested. Which is why they employ the majority of their efforts ensuring that we remain ignorant.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Your statements are just plain confusing. Are you suggesting satanism is benign or "not real"?...

I said satan isn't real. That is what I meant by not everyone believing in your boogieman.

"Not benign" were your words.

I don't fear it at all. I simply hate it. It is inherently evil, employing dark practices and rituals.

Your words imply that it is something to fear because it is not benign.

True satanists, such as those who control the world. Who traffic and sacrifice children and newborn infants. The ones who use their power to perpetuate chaos and suffering. The ones who are behind little stunts such as the one in my OP, who instill apathy and ignorance towards their nature and practices so as to continue unabated and in the shadow of false perception.

The only way it will be exposed is if everyone is interested. Which is why they employ the majority of their efforts ensuring that we remain ignorant.

They can do all that without believing in satan. The false dichotomy that people who do things like that have to be satanists stems from religious dogma. A whole bunch of effort goes into keeping people believing that as well, why?

The simple answer is to keep people frightened, even if some people claim that they personally don't feel fear.
edit on 26-9-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

So you don't believe in the monster, the fallen angel, the Alla - Allah of the Babylonian's the God of War and Chaos and Corruption as well as Rebellion.

Strange but then you are free to bury your head under your pillow if you like but looking at the world around me, selfishness, cruelty and greed are all right up his street.

Sorry to tell you this but I personally have no doubt that the vile thing exists, hisses into the ear of little boy's asking for there soul's with fake sympathy and promises of a good life and dire warning of a bad one if they do not give him there soul (free will and make themselves his WILLING servant's), that he can steal the memory of these actual encounter's and dumb you down to suit his end's making you pliable and persuadable, that he is not some godlike being but rather an other dimensional entity very firmly rooted in a real physics as yet not understood by us and that we, our world and our destiny have been a battle ground between what he represent's and something more benign and beneficial to us.

Basically he is like a pedophile politician, gangster, con artist and general bad guy all rolled into one nasty horrible pile of negativity, oh and he has minion's just like any gangster has.

But hey you don't believe in him, I truly wish I had that luxury but likewise you do not believe in God and guess what You EXIST how did that happen, come on was it just a few tiny little bubbles in a chemical soup (how did that get there) that then got struck by a static discharge that started your slow ascent to existence or could there be a far more intelligent cause to the universe actually existing?.

But hey if you would rather believe in that whole pile of crap about matter going AGAINST the law's of thermodynamic's and conservation of energy and flowing up hill to become a sentient being then that is your religion and hey it's a free world.

Personally it really does not make any sense to me.

edit on 26-9-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
Strange but then you are free to bury your head under your pillow if you like but looking at the world around me, selfishness, cruelty and greed are all right up his street.

Who said those things are not real? I said that they are not the work of satan.

Sorry to tell you this but I personally have no doubt that the vile thing exists, hisses into the ear of little boy's asking for there soul's with promised of a good life and dire warning of a bad one if they do not, that he can steal the memory of the actual encounter and dumb you down to suit his end's, that he is not some godlike being but rather an other dimensional entity very firmly rooted in a real physics as yet not understood by us and that we, our world and our destiny have been a battle ground between what he represent's and something more benign and beneficial to us.

Why would you be sorry to share your opinion?

But hey you don't believe in him, I truly wish I had that luxury but likewise you do not believe in God and guess what You EXIST how did that happen, come on was it just a few tiny little bubbles in a chemical soup (how did that get there) that then got struck by a static discharge that started your slow ascent to existence or could there be a far more intelligent cause to the universe actually existing?.

That is a whole other topic. Satan is a character in a specific religion. Even if there is/was a creator it doesn't make satan real. It doesn't make that specific myth true.

But hey if you would rather believe in that whole pile of crap about matter going AGAINST the law's of thermodynamic's and conservation and flowing up hill to become a sentient being then that is your religion and hey it's a free world.

Thank you, although I wasn't asking for permission.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Look if I missed the point sorry but I read your last post and maybe I misunderstood but it got me and my funny bone came out.
Actually I do think there is a very real devil, maybe many of them, hell we could even be the bottom of a food chain in some alien other dimensional ocean of organism's, not a palatable thought but who know's.

As for Satan, Angra Manyu if you prefer he is a very real entity, not just a religious construct though he has become such being used by Organized religion as the (Very real) wolf figure.

And as for the Allah mention that is because in 1700 BC in ancient Mesopotamia he was worshiped by that name as a God of Chaos, Rebellion and general nasty guy.

As for the hissing in the ear bit, well let's just say perhaps many spiritual (other dimensional) being's actually use these identity's for there own purpose but I am one of the few strange people in the world to recover a memory (After losing others) about that happening to me at about the age of 4 or 5, an invisible old man with a hissing voice right into my right ear saying he was that and how sorry he felt for me because my life was going to be so very bad, but he felt sorry for me and would give me a wonderful life if I only gave him my soul, I ran into the house after this strange occurrence (one of my elder sisters had been playing with a Ouija board in the garden shed with her friend's complete with the candle and they had an experience then apparently smashed the glass or something but never played it again) just prior to this so whatever this negative entity (parasite) was it must have still hung around looking for a source of sustenance.

And you do not need permission to believe whatever you want, that is your choice, if I read you wrong then sorry but you have to realize that for some of us that vile parasite is very real and we have a very real and mortal hatred for it.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It's showbiz darling.

...just like all the imams, priests and vicars wearing fancy robes, waving their magical sticks and asking for donations.

As I poured through this thread, I was starting to lose hope in ATS until I saw this post. At least you get it.

As for the rest of you and your 'outrage,' I'll help explain it to you before Augustus chimes in.

Just because someone associates certain symbols/imagery with freemasonry doesn't mean that is an accurate depiction of freemasonry anymore than it is someone's own personal (and incorrect) belief about the fraternal order of masons.

That art-student decoration is so crass, it wouldn't pass for a B horror film set. It's literally on cardboard... They could have dragged it in and set it up in five seconds as soon as someone opened the church doors for the event and left for a couple hours. But I will agree, that the likeliness that someone in the church wasn't aware of the satanic theme before the event is low, but it isn't non existent.

You know what? I'm not a satanist, I choose not to define myself with words. People willfully box themselves in, and set themselves up to be stereotyped or predisposed by saying I'm a this or I'm a that.

I'm me, ok? My beliefs exist in a constant state of flux, and change as needed for my evolution and survival. I no longer get upset by petty sh*t like this. In fact, I don't think I ever did? Why waste the energy?

And I would have gone to this train wreck fashion show, if not for the novelty aspect alone. Imagine being able to say you went to a satanic fashion show at a historic church in England? And have pics?! wtf seriously? I'm there! and I'm laughing at the charade the whole way.

They don't call it Occult for nothing, it's because they're f*cking with you!. Stop being offended by such childish nonsense, and it will lose its affects over time until the paradigm is completely irrelevant to society.

Mmmkay?

Geeez.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

So you don't believe in the monster, the fallen angel, the Alla - Allah of the Babylonian's the God of War and Chaos and Corruption as well as Rebellion.

Sorry to tell you this but I personally have no doubt that the vile thing exists, hisses into the ear of little boy's asking for there soul's with fake sympathy and promises of a good life and dire warning of a bad one if they do not give him there soul (free will and make themselves his WILLING servant's), that he can steal the memory of these actual encounter's and dumb you down to suit his end's making you pliable and persuadable, that he is not some godlike being but rather an other dimensional entity very firmly rooted in a real physics as yet not understood by us and that we, our world and our destiny have been a battle ground between what he represent's and something more benign and beneficial to us.

Basically he is like a pedophile politician, gangster, con artist and general bad guy all rolled into one nasty horrible pile of negativity, oh and he has minion's just like any gangster has.

But hey if you would rather believe in that whole pile of crap about matter going AGAINST the law's of thermodynamic's and conservation of energy and flowing up hill to become a sentient being then that is your religion and hey it's a free world.

WTF are you talking about? Seriously?

What do thermodynamics and conservation of energy (something entirely physical) have anything to do with a fictional archetype that is constantly reinvented by man throughout history?

It's #ing manmade. It's a literary device, it's a superficial construct, it's a limited paradigm, it's an idea, it exists only subjectively until it's projected by our mind into reality.

So no, I don't believe in any of it. It's rubbish, I thought were evolving?

I would say it's fine that you believe in God and that your faith has helped craft you into an honest, loving person, but to actually believe that negative ideas like the devil are real? That's not fine, it's dangerously unhealthy. And in doing so, you are actively perpetuating the effects of the self induced psychosis that is your faith.

Do I believe in [insert deity here]? No more than I believe in any other imagined character that is born of fiction.

How's that for your satan?

Who are the victims here? The impressionable youth that attended the event?

No, it's people like you, getting all offended. I feel sympathy, but not empathy, for you.

You know what would offend me? Scientology. Lot's of victims there... and lots of unaware people giving them money so they can hurt more people. But satanists? They're as dangerous as you imagine them to be, and nothing else.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Blaming the devil for all the bad and stupid things that one can do is a very convenient way for one not to assume one's responsibility.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Hey that is actually a cop out and you have no idea at all what you are talking about, in fact that is almost like trying to justify the vile ould wind bag.
First I am not perfect, If I was I would not even be having this conversation but I don't need to blame the devil because I have my faith in a god that forgive's me my failing's (which are quite an extensive list).

But what do you know of the Devil's history, do you for instance know he was once adorned with nine stone's (lucifer) and was a high priest to God (like the later high priests of Judea whom wore 12 stone's), Not a child of God with soul like we have which is actually the Breath of the creator - a part of the REAL god making us the real God's children but a creature of God created to be immortal, a manufactured being with no breath of the real god in him hence he want's our soul's, long before the physical universe as WE know it came to be, certainly long before mankind even existed, he got too big for his boot's being second in command was not enough and he wanted to rule the universe and be God himself so convinced a third of the other angel's (Workers and fellow creatures) to follow him in a rebellion that caused Death to enter creation.

The Being you know as michael and the other archangels were lowly workers, not the princes of heaven yet they sacrificed themselves to defeat Satan casting him out of the palace of God, god saw this and so loved them and took them INTO himself making those former creatures part of himself much like Christ does for us, they are now part of God and Sinless, they are no longer Creatures but so much more than the devil can ever, ever be.

In the Zoroastrian tradition The Good one (the primal god) created a being to be company and to live forever to manage his creation but this being the evil one wanted more, it wanted to be the sole God and rebelled against the primal god, this being is Angra Manyu the EVIL ONE while THE GOOD ONE is Ahura Mazda, the separation between Zoroastrianism and Hinduism is that while they began as a single original religion in Zoroastrianism the Deva whom the Hindu worship as god's are actually seen as demonic entity's far below god, or angels but not to be worshiped.

And since those two religion's seperated thousand's of years ago they are very different today, very few Zoarastrian's still admit to there faith as though they once spread right across the Hindu cush and Afghanistan, northern India and the Persian empire those region's are now mostly Islamic, except india which is today mainly Hindu and some Buddhist, the remnant of there community is actually in Persia/Iran but they hide there faith for fear of Islamic persecution.

When you know what you are talking about, blaming the devil whom is actually guilty of what he is guilty of then come back and tell me otherwise get your fact's and opinion straight.

Oh and not taking responsibility is not the Christian way, we take responsibility for all of our action's that is why we have to confess and repent our sin's, we do not blame other's as that is wrong, even Michael whom once kept Moses (Moshe) body from Satan whom wanted it, presumably to occupy and use it never accused Satan but you know Satan is the Vile Accuser, the one whom accused our brethren before the throne of God - he tried to destroy the loyalty of god's angels' when he was second in command by accusing them and casting them down but it came back upon him in due course.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

WTF are you talking about? Seriously?

What do thermodynamics and conservation of energy (something entirely physical) have anything to do with a fictional archetype that is constantly reinvented by man throughout history?

It's #ing manmade. It's a literary device, it's a superficial construct, it's a limited paradigm, it's an idea, it exists only subjectively until it's projected by our mind into reality.

So no, I don't believe in any of it. It's rubbish, I thought were evolving?

I would say it's fine that you believe in God and that your faith has helped craft you into an honest, loving person, but to actually believe that negative ideas like the devil are real? That's not fine, it's dangerously unhealthy. And in doing so, you are actively perpetuating the effects of the self induced psychosis that is your faith.

Do I believe in [insert deity here]? No more than I believe in any other imagined character that is born of fiction.

How's that for your satan?

Who are the victims here? The impressionable youth that attended the event?

No, it's people like you, getting all offended. I feel sympathy, but not empathy, for you.

You know what would offend me? Scientology. Lot's of victims there... and lots of unaware people giving them money so they can hurt more people. But satanists? They're as dangerous as you imagine them to be, and nothing else.

That is alright, I don't believe in you either.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

What you talk about is mere folklore, myths, legends, and other bedtime stories. I fear for your sanity if you take all that seriously.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join