It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Dem Faces Charges As Court Discovers How Taxpayer Income Was Used

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
A member of the Texas House of Representatives is under indictment for all kinds of corruption.

Mostly for money received for "reimbursements".

Some other strange behavior has been exposed as well.

Her name is Dawnna Dukes and she represents District 46, and owns a consulting company too !!

Apparently she is in her 12th "term" as an elected politician.

All's well that ends well.

BREAKING: Texas Dem Faces Charges As Court Discovers How Taxpayer Income Was Used

Texas Democrat Rep. Dawnna Dukes is facing a litany of corruption charges. She’s accused of showing up to work high on morphine, using taxpayer funds to cart her daughter to and from school, and cashing travel reimbursement checks for nonexistent trips.

Dukes isn’t a fresh-faced politician who got caught up in something she couldn’t handle. She recently began her 12th term in office. She’s an establishment Democrat that’s been enmeshed in politics for a long time.

“I know I’m talking a lot. I’m full of morphine and will be headed out of here soon,” Dukes slurred during a March appearance on Capitol Hill.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

A politician breaking the rules? No.... cannot be true.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I was not aware there were Democrats in Texas.
Morphine is a hell of a drug.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
She also spent more than $51,000 on an online psychic. I wonder if it was her money that got 'wasted' (IMO).

((No offense meant to those who live their life based on psychics.)
edit on 9/23/2017 by roadgravel because: left out word - live

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Wonder if her $50k psychic saw this coming?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
She also spent more than $51,000 on an online psychic. I wonder if it was her money that got 'wasted' (IMO).

((No offense meant to those who their life based on psychics.)
You're making me want to go into the online psychic business.
I predict you will die someday. That will be 50K, plus tax.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I live in Texas. I am also a Patriot and love my country.

Texas is a Fascist state. The Toll Roads are sanctioned and paid for by robbing not only the citizens, but the DOT funds to pay for their expansion and as well..bailing them out when they fail.

I wont try and derail the OP with more articles about how much s*** stinks with our local governments, i'll just say this. The majority of politicians absolutely need to be in jail.

I remember meeting one who I thought was a decent guy, actually met with me to discuss the toll way as my rep which was cool...turns out...he was under investigation for some real estate dealings that he had a direct hand in that were absolutely corrupt.

Don't trust any human being, they are all corrupt.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I just called my psychic (at 9.99/min) and she said, very slowly, that all politicians are corrupt and are low, small human beings.

She then paused for 15 minutes to say that my credit card has reached it's limit.

And she was right!

It was at it's limit!

Psychics are real.

And so are corrupt, disgusting politicians.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
A representative high on morphine and stealing taxpayer money. Sounds about par for the course for politicians these days.

I have to take random drug tests for my job, these asshats should as well.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Remember folks... "Innocent until proved guilty".

The felony case against Dukes seems to be falling apart because the DA didn't check the facts of the case. It is likely that her expense vouchers are all above board after all.

That "morphine" comment sounds a bit nasty, but where is the context? I have been on morphine (for a medical procedure) and while it is great for managing the pain, I sure wouldn't want to be in an interview while still under its influence.

The cited source is definitely a biased fake news site with an extreme agenda. Be careful who you get your information from. Just because you WANT to believe something doesn't mean it is actually believable.

This woman may be proven guilty of something at some point, but it is looking like its a bit of a beat up by the DA herself who may have jumped on the case in order to advance her own (political?) career. She wouldn't be the first DA to destroy somebody for the publicity to launch a bid for higher office.

top topics

join