It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes

Budweiser is a big NASCAR sponsor too and I can tell you from when I lived in NC they love their Bud down there. Personally I can't stand the stuff.

Wrong demographic you wanna be appearing unpatriotic to.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Who pays for the stadiums?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: luthier

Because it's about the offense to the consumers, you know the ones who pay for the product, the whole reason for their existence. Are you certain that none of the bosses that have had to fire their employees for this reason agreed with their employee?

Actually the entire base of American taxpayers could be considered consumers> Michelle Malkin just said tonight that the NFL is government subsidized to the tune of billions.....

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

*snip*

And their premise for the protest has been proven crap time and time again.

And it doesn't represent their interest????
The make millions of dollars to play with a ball!!!!!!

That's all, there aren't more important than teachers, doctors, soldiers, cops, firemen.
Yet they are paid like the couldn't be replaced, and they are so, so wrong.

Regarding (bolded), I offer the link below. I also offer google terms: white privilege, white fragility and unconscious racism:
www.chicagotribune.com - Analysis: More whites killed by police, but blacks 2.5 times more likely to be killed...

U.S. police officers have shot and killed the exact same number of unarmed white people as they have unarmed black people: 50 each. But because the white population is approximately five times as great as the black population, that means unarmed black Americans were five times as likely as unarmed white Americans to be shot and killed by a police officer.

Police have shot and killed a young black man (ages 18 to 29) - such as Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri -175 times since January 2015; 24 of them were unarmed. Over that same period, police have shot and killed 172 young white men, 18 of whom were unarmed. Once again, while in raw number there were similar totals of white and black victims, blacks were killed at rates disproportionate to their percentage of the U.S. population. Of all of the unarmed people shot and killed by police in 2015, 40 percent of them were black men, even though black men make up just 6 percent of the nation's population."

Some argue more blacks are killed because blacks constitute more violent crime, but this isn't true according to leading research:

Despite these arguments, police reform advocates and researchers as well at The Post's own analysis has consistently concluded that there is no correlation between violent crime and who is killed by police officers.

A 2015 study by a University of California at Davis researcher concluded there was "no relationship" between crime rates by race and racial bias in police killings. A report released last week by the Center for Policing Equity, which reviewed arrest and use-of-force data from 12 police departments, concluded that black residents were more often targeted for use of police force than white residents, even when adjusting for whether the person was a violent criminal.

In a report covering 2015 data, Campaign Zero compared violent crime rates of 50 major cities to the rate at which police officers killed people, concluding that there was no correlation.

"The only thing that was significant in predicting whether someone shot and killed by police was unarmed was whether or not they were black," said Justin Nix, a criminal-justice researcher at the University of Louisville and one of the report's authors, said in April. "Crime variables did not matter in terms of predicting whether the person killed was unarmed."

To be fair, I'll post a counter study:
www.washingtontimes.com - No racial bias in police shootings, study by Harvard professor shows...

Mr. Fryer, who is black, told The New York Times that the finding of no racial discrimination in police shootings was “the most surprising result of my career.”

At the same time, the study found blacks and Hispanics were more than 50 percent more likely to experience physical interactions with police, including touching, pushing, handcuffing, drawing a weapon, and using a baton or pepper spray.

edit on 9/27/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This will go over well.

m.huffpost.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
"...& Making the NFL Great Again" - Trevor Noah

starts @ 2:17

www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-9-2017 by Erno86 because: link work

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
"Trump Wages War Against Protesting Athletes" - The Jim Jefferies Show

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Trump does not want to make the NFL great again. On the contrary, he was heavily invested in an attempted rival league in the 1990s. Largely through his own mismanagement, the league went bankrupt and disbanded. He is stirring things up for the NFL out of his usual Monte Crisco-esque thirst for revenge against those whom he feels wronged him.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Trump does not want to make the NFL great again. On the contrary, he was heavily invested in an attempted rival league in the 1990s. Largely through his own mismanagement, the league went bankrupt and disbanded. He is stirring things up for the NFL out of his usual Monte Crisco-esque thirst for revenge against those whom he feels wronged him.

Are you referring to the USFL? Wow I was unaware that he was invested in that league. Was he part owner of a team or what was his involvement?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bronco73

originally posted by: DJW001

Are you referring to the USFL? Wow I was unaware that he was invested in that league. Was he part owner of a team or what was his involvement?

Trump owned the New Jersey Generals. There are several good accounts of the disaster online. Google Trump USFL.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Yep he boned the whole USFL up but good.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

If it was Up to the Progressive Liberals and their Lap Dogs the MSM , The Future of the NFL would Look like This........

Wake the # America , We are All being HAD............

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

DA COACH..The great MIKE DITKA, says that the Players who protest are anti-American.
thebiglead.com...

So it's done. Put wealthy NFL protesting players in the same basket of deplorables where Maxine Waters, CNN, and MSNBC resides.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What does that guy know about football?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: carewemust

What does that guy know about football?

Iron Mike knows more about STEAKS these days..
www.ditkasrestaurants.com...
VERY DELICIOUS!

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Fake Outrage. This is America, we were founded on protest and revolution and pissing people off! That's what we do!

FYI that is certainly what boycotting is.

A form of protest.

DEAL.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: amazing

Fake Outrage. This is America, we were founded on protest and revolution and pissing people off! That's what we do!

FYI that is certainly what boycotting is.

A form of protest.

DEAL.

LOL I can deal. And I'll be watching some great games on Sunday while some of you guys watch reruns of Duck Dynasty.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
ESPN protest survey

Interesting results. I bet the NFL owners take a look at this seriously.

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join