It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MajorAce

You think so...

When symbols move past humanity you have to have some concern.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If two teams from the same nation play a game, in the same nation, why is it needed to play the national anthem?
So that the people don´t forget the anthem?
Mass programming, like in NK or China or any other idol worshipping dictatorship?

Reminds me really a bit to all those dictatorships, same for all the flags everywhere, and the uniforms.

How much wasted time it would be to play the national anthem for no purpose before every Bundesliga match!
It makes absolutely no sense, if it isn´t a match of the national team versus a team from another nation.

But hey, i am german, what do i know about worshipping false idols, worshipping flags, playing the national anthem at every possible chance to program the people, so that they blindly follow me till the bitter end, without even knowing what they are doing...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And your comment is useless.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Honestly, all I can do is laugh at this.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
If two teams from the same nation play a game, in the same nation, why is it needed to play the national anthem?
So that the people don´t forget the anthem?

My thought as well. Anthems should be for international events. And Canadian teams in American leagues(see Toronto Blue Jays) doesn't count.

(post by badw0lf removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
And the league takes care of itself. Who is Colin playing for this year? No one. He's blackballed. Collusion? Sure, not the first time. However the horse is out of the barn. The genie out of the bottle. The president out of his mind.

link   

originally posted by: mzinga
a reply to: seasonal
He is making a bigger point about this than white nationalists. Great example Don great example. Aren't you embarrassed standing up for this blowhard racist bigot yet?

President Trump is such a racist than why he bothered to pick up a black marines hat that was a blown away when entering his helocopter, not only once but twice? Ignorance is bliss. Chew on that.

edit on 23-9-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: tribal
real question:

does anyone know ANY ONE who has changed their mind about anything relating to the treatment of blacks as a result of some sports dudes kneeling during the anthem?

thought so.

Exactly. If anything, they've pushed their agenda out of the way while making a protest that makes no sense.

Don't listen to logic though, some will just boohoo and bring up the 1st. and that anyone saying it's a load of cobblers is somehow against the 1st. lmao

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I don't recall many saying the players should be sacked.

Just opinion on the OP...

strange leap there, though.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

I don't recall many saying the players should be sacked.
Donald did.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: seasonal
That's funny. I don't go to NFL games because they do the national anthem.

Because?

Do explain.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Yep, just gave an example.

I think you just don't know how much players do behind the scenes. The thug players aren't the ones protesting . It's the intellectuals for the most part who are active in the community.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: amazing

So people with power should not offer opinions?

They lose that right?

The president, definitely. It's unprofessional. Again he's the leader of a country, telling a business to fire employees that offend him.

So football players have the right to free expression, but presidents you don't like, don't.

I didn't say that, just that he's got a lot more power than an NFL player. he's the president. You can see how that's different, right?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Are you thumbing your nose at God when you get on your knees to pray?

I swear, some of you are just typing to see your fingers twitch.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

strange concept. I don't really grok it, though... Do you think those disrespecting the anthem and the flag, give a toss about your veterans who died for their right to be little prats?

I have lost a lot of people to war and my family full of war heroes. I feel very strongly that people have the right to peacefully show their opinion in any manner not hurting anyone. The flag is made of cloth the anthem is a tune which sounds pretty much like many other countries anthems these things are used to incite emotions. The point and purpose in letting a person chose should be clear. I see no disrespect for your country in that.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You have argued that NFL players who protest police brutality and systemic racism, by bending on one knee during the National Anthem, are not protected by the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution because racism isn't about government and law enforcement isn't racist.

I challenged that argument.

Now, you can continue portraying a dancing cockroach, with an ice cream cone atop your head! Run along insect man!

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Keep politics out of football? Cool. That means NO national anthem. NO aircraft flyovers. The gov't uses sport to instill politics. The league should have a major say in how that is implemented.

Hahaha I find it hilarious really. You guys don't even know what football is, yet you prefer kneeling to being proud.

While you submit to your feels and kneel, check out how real sports teams embrace their spirit... lmao

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Yeah. Well.

It ain't got nothing to do with nationalism.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join