It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

How would you react put in Crack ville with body cameras, a crappy service pistol, a partner overweight who couldn't get up from laying down in under thirty seconds?

We put these folks in terrible situations for their tools and training.

I teach highschool wrestling with a cop. He hates lazy cops too. Was a chairforce pilot and amazing dude. I don't hate cops. It's just a bad situation. They were hired.

Then protected by unions.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Same way I did in service ,THEY'D notice I'm weird,angry and overtrained to engage ,like my family and all others, manage him away before I lost him somewhere or wanted to hurt him.
You were mistaken earlier with my post by the way, I said to over weight "HELL NO"

THERE is no way I should be a cop..I am aware I am sick by civilian standards.
Break open when REALLY bad happens,ALONE ...otherwise I mostly JUST talk here ,not out loud in person.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: RomeByFire

Here is my Stance on this sociological expose'. If we do not respect the fabric, of who we are as a nation no matter how angry we may be, or who we want to blame for how we feel, especially our core of what we are a symbol or ANTHEM that reminds us of who and what we are and we normalize tarnishing it on a stage that has influence as ok, we as a country, have big problems. Now as far as trump, he is an idiot scares the crap out of me,most things I am reading and hearing and watching is emotional, very little intelligence or logic, sure freedom of speech to disrespect our sacred institutions I get it, but to support in heart and soul as being ok... Those of you that do, I suggest you ask yourselves why? Is it personal? Blaming our anthem and what it represents as a whole, for how you feel about something unfair, is selfish... To me those that feel that way do not understand the struggle being an American has become. That's it all I got.. I truly hope this is all just a stunt and people really do love the country they live in.. cherish this country, we are truly the only free country and we are close, very very close if we don't change to being ruled.. Sick of these sports divas being selfish... Inmature in their standings in our society in critical instances I think...

Sick of sports divas? Thank Donald Trump. He made the stage, they took the plunge. The fact that Constituional protests offends someone is, well, who cares honestly. Snowflakes feelings are irrelevant.

The National Anthem is not a sacred institution. You people act as if the moment that song comes on everyone should stop dead in their tracks and pay forced tribute.

That's not how freedom works.

I guarantee, those who are upset over this think nothing of those who were taking a dump during the singing of the National Anthem. I guarantee they also don't care about people standing in line to purchase an addictive and detrimental drug in a public place (alcohol) while the National Anthem was being sung.

This is going to play out to be a classic tale of the boy who cried wolf. Keep on crying out on about how exercising Constituional rights is spitting in the face on sacred institutions. If the day comes when there is spitting in the face of sacred institutions, based on prior events, it'll be harder to take a notion seriously when the precedent is set at people exercising their Consitutional rights.

Just saying.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Here is my Stance on this sociological expose'. If we do not respect the fabric, of who we are as a nation no matter how angry we may be, or who we want to blame for how we feel, especially our core of what we are a symbol or ANTHEM that reminds us of who and what we are and we normalize tarnishing it on a stage that has influence as ok, we as a country, have big problems. Now as far as trump, he is an idiot scares the crap out of me,most things I am reading and hearing and watching is emotional, very little intelligence or logic, sure freedom of speech to disrespect our sacred institutions I get it, but to support in heart and soul as being ok... Those of you that do, I suggest you ask yourselves why? Is it personal? Blaming our anthem and what it represents as a whole, for how you feel about something unfair, is selfish... To me those that feel that way do not understand the struggle being an American has become. That's it all I got.. I truly hope this is all just a stunt and people really do love the country they live in.. cherish this country, we are truly the only free country and we are close, very very close if we don't change to being ruled.. Sick of these sports divas being selfish... Inmature in their standings in our society in critical instances I think...

Sick of sports divas? Thank Donald Trump. He made the stage, they took the plunge. The fact that Constituional protests offends someone is, well, who cares honestly. Snowflakes feelings are irrelevant.

The National Anthem is not a sacred institution. You people act as if the moment that song comes on everyone should stop dead in their tracks and pay forced tribute.

I guarantee, those who are upset over this think nothing of those who were taking a dump during the singing of the National Anthem. I guarantee they also don't care about people standing in line to purchase an addictive and detrimental drug in a public place (alcohol) while the National Anthem was being sung.

This is going to play out to be a classic tale of the boy who cried wolf. Keep on crying out on about how exercising Constituional rights is spitting in the face on sacred institutions. If the day comes when there is spitting in the face of sacred institutions, based on prior events, it'll be harder to take a notion seriously when the precedent is set at people exercising their Consitutional rights.

Just saying.

It's ok to feel it's disrespectful just as it's ok to protest. Freedom works both ways. You have your opinion. Other people have theirs.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

The NFL picks and chooses what it wants to enforce of it's rules. That's been shown numerous times.

Nobody has asked the obvious question...What would Jesus do?

Actually, I can answer that...

He's not watching CFL?

Jesus isn't manipulated into the knee-jerk social media revolution hashtag fads these sports players are kneeling for. Jesus is much smarter than that and probably likes Hockey better anyway.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

Just saying.

It's ok to feel it's disrespectful just as it's ok to protest. Freedom works both ways. You have your opinion. Other people have theirs.

Try disregarding something you're supposed to do at work and instead kneel while ignoring or not performing the task. You'll be fired in a NY Minite and you should be. Better yet do this on national TV and bring disgrace to your company too. If you think this is free speech when you are on workplace time that has thousands of people involved you are ignorant.
edit on 25-9-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

The NFL picks and chooses what it wants to enforce of it's rules. That's been shown numerous times.

Nobody has asked the obvious question...What would Jesus do?

Actually, I can answer that...

He's not watching CFL?

Jesus isn't manipulated into the knee-jerk social media revolution hashtag fads these sports players are kneeling for. Jesus is much smarter than that and probably likes Hockey better anyway.

You know Jesus!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Just saying.

Try disregarding something you're supposed to do at work and instead kneel while ignoring or not performing the task. You'll be fired in a NY Minite and you should be.
It appears that Terry Bradshaw disagrees...but what does he know?

“It’s hard to believe that I’m going to say something about the most powerful man in the greatest country in the world, but probably like a lot of you, I was somewhat surprised that the President—the President of the United States came out attacking NFL players for them exercising the Freedom of Speech. While I don’t condone the protesting during our National Anthem, THIS IS AMERICA!

If our country stands for anything, folks—it’s freedom. People died for that freedom. I’m not sure if our president understands those rights—that every American has the right to speak out, and also to protest. Believe me—these athletes DO love this great country of ours. Personally, I think our president should concentrate on serious issues like North Korea and healthcare rather than ripping into athletes and the NFL.”

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Just saying.

Try disregarding something you're supposed to do at work and instead kneel while ignoring or not performing the task. You'll be fired in a NY Minite and you should be. Better yet do this on national TV and bring disgrace to your company too. If you think this is free speech when you are on workplace time that has thousands of people involved you are ignorant.

I'll agree with you there. The NFL is allowing it, however.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Just saying.

Try disregarding something you're supposed to do at work and instead kneel while ignoring or not performing the task. You'll be fired in a NY Minite and you should be.
It appears that Terry Bradshaw disagrees...but what does he know?

“It’s hard to believe that I’m going to say something about the most powerful man in the greatest country in the world, but probably like a lot of you, I was somewhat surprised that the President—the President of the United States came out attacking NFL players for them exercising the Freedom of Speech. While I don’t condone the protesting during our National Anthem, THIS IS AMERICA!

If our country stands for anything, folks—it’s freedom. People died for that freedom. I’m not sure if our president understands those rights—that every American has the right to speak out, and also to protest. Believe me—these athletes DO love this great country of ours. Personally, I think our president should concentrate on serious issues like North Korea and healthcare rather than ripping into athletes and the NFL.”

How is your reply about Terry Bradshaw relating to my comment comparing workplace duties and employment?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Just saying.

I'll agree with you there. The NFL is allowing it, however.

They'll only allow it until sales drop and viewers find another sport and don't come back. Money changes everything.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Bingo, the "owners" will only take a knee as long as that fun green money continues to show up by the truck load. No truck loads of money, no kneeling.

Guaranteed.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Wonder what trump will do when the party money dries up from this?

Didn't Kraft give a million?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

We will see. I think there is risks in standing for what you believe in.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I am not mistaken. Just taking friend. I was just saying some of these folks are not trained to deal with it and turn into animals. Anyone would if they want to survive. Over time it eats away at the soul.

The situation of them cleaning up the dump no one wants to is a tough duty. Particularly if you aren't equip. Mentally, physically, ...

Just seeing if you may agree the work they do requires discipline and regular training. Which they rarely have.

We talk a big game in the US about kids, soldiers, and police bit rarely do what's necessary to support them in reality IMO these days.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The simple truth is the ones that can say anything about the peaceful protest is the league and/or the teams. Just like with any employer. It is also true that the fans can vote their disdain for the employers choices with their wallets and choose to not support any business they are not agreeable with.
It really is no different that any of us that try to do something at our job that maybe getting fired because the bosses don't like it.
Or my not wanting to spend my money at a business because they are doing something stupid in my opinion.

I will say I think trump had no business getting involved other than maybe to give an opinion. Asking for boycott or the like is a luxury you give up when you run and win a seat at the big kids table of government. The NFL is not a government business. So really government does not have a dog in the fight.

I do find it almost comically sad though that the NFL is legally a non profit business. I don't know that the teams have that same luxury but the league does. and the money they make is insane. Maybe that non profit status should be looked at...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Sure is.
www.universetoday.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have yet to read a post that I agree with more on this issue involving peaceful protest in any form or manner. I will be sticking to NCAA football for now. The NFL is really not worth my time if they don't clean their act up.a reply to: badw0lf

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RogueWaterC1

Freedom.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: amazing

I have been told on ATS by a great number of members that while at work you have no freedom of speech.

I guess it is up the brass at the NFL. Once they loose billions they may have to put the hammer down on these millionaires.

The government is actually obligated to protect our First Amendment rights, unlike private employers. Being that Trump is at the highest level of government, I think his boycott suggestion crosses a line and could have a 'chilling effect.'

There is definitely an argument here that Trump's suggestion infringes on the players' Constitutional protections.

So are you suggesting that everyone has the right to take a knee all day at work in protest? Imagine that.

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join