It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

Yep, a Trump teeet triggered the snowflakes again.

Or rather, the *real* snowflakes were triggered by the the fact that some players exercised their constitutional right? That they were triggered so much they're wanting to boycott the game, condemn the players, make an issue of a complete nonissue.

See how this works?

This is a nonissue. A manufactured outrage.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: mkultra11

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Has anyone been watching Trump's twitter feed.

This dude is unhinged lol.

He is absolutely INFURIATED at the amount of backlash he's received.

Bahahahahahahaha.

Yep, a Trump teeet triggered the snowflakes again. This is actually been good for him. Majority of NFL fans agree with him. The backlash is mainly from people who hate him anyway.

You DO know that saying something makes it so, right? Do I need to show you what the Patriots owner that gave him a mil. had to say about this? Fantasyland. Not for just Disneyland anymore. @@

I read it. He still supports Trump. Your point?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Or rather, the *real* snowflakes were triggered by the the fact that some players exercised their constitutional right? That they were triggered so much they're wanting to boycott the game, condemn the players, make an issue of a complete nonissue.

See how this works?

You are right the entire protest is a manufactured outrage. The people disagreeing are not triggered, they are speaking the truth. The flag does not represent oppression of black and brown people (as stated by the first kneeler) Theyve been misled by SJW tactics. It's disrespect and hatred of the country cloaked in freedom of speech. A favorite game of the leftist.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Has anyone been watching Trump's twitter feed.

This dude is unhinged lol.

He is absolutely INFURIATED at the amount of backlash he's received.

Bahahahahahahaha.

Yep, a Trump teeet triggered the snowflakes again. This is actually been good for him. Majority of NFL fans agree with him. The backlash is mainly from people who hate him anyway.

You're not wrong.

He has all sorts of people clammoring about how the Constitution is evil and those who exercise Constituional rights are the worst people, and he has people who are boycotting the NFL over Constituionally protected protests.

Triggered snowflakes indeed.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: pavil

You continue to argue a point that I've not disputed.

You don't know the terms of individual contracts. You don't know what a payout would be if a player were dismissed by an owner for a non-offense.

Your last section points this out. THat's what I've said.

You don't know the terms of individual contracts. Some might require a pay out. Some might not.

Read the fricking article, the vast majority of NFL players can be fired for any perceived thing by their employers. Most guaranteed money is in the form of signing bonuses. They would get that but not any of the rest of the money. Calvin Johnson had to pay back some of his bonus money as he retired before the end of his Contract. NFL owners win labor disputes the vast majority of the time. You keep saying , but not everyone. Show me a case where that was true. A player getting his full contract paid off even though he didn't fulfill the obligations of the contract

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

See how this works?

You are right the entire protest is a manufactured outrage. The people disagreeing are not triggered, they are speaking the truth. The flag does not represent oppression of black and brown people (as stated by the first kneeler) Theyve been misled by SJW tactics. It's disrespect and hatred of the country cloaked in freedom of speech. A favorite game of the leftist.

Exercising Constituional rights = hatred of the country

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The people disagreeing are not triggered, they are speaking the truth.

The people kneeling speak truth, as well.

The flag does not represent oppression of black and brown people (as stated by the first kneeler)

The flag represents freedom. Oppression is not freedom. Nor is injustice.

It's disrespect and hatred of the country cloaked in freedom of speech.

It's exercising a right, one of the most important foundations of the United States of America protected by the US Constitution.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

My BROTHER is a police detective ,HE doesn't just KILL people THAT was my job.
I 'd have to patrol at port arms as if on point,NOT too cool in most cop shops.
The WHACKBALL 3 percent cops?...I think we need to get rid of cronyism and nepotism and THAT should do it.
Overseen screenings and review of training doctrine are also in order here.
As it is it's JUST THOSE who are national minded and veterans who you are picking a fight with NOT police.
I can interrogate because I read up on how before I joined I wanted to be effective for my unit years before I knew it,or joined
ANOTHER obama paid traitorous act..nypost.com...

AND the CELLPHONES are abuzz with CNN's blessing of faith...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I think the real question is "So why are people complaining about them doing a literal act of subservience to the national anthem?". It's not like they're throwing rocks at the anthem singer/player, or setting the flag on fire while the anthem's playing. It's manufactured outrage, especially since many of the people opposing the players don't seem to have a problem with defying some of the things that are mentioned in the actual US Flag Code.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: added a link which includes both a link to the official US Flag Code and several examples of common acts that defy it

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I do believe you may be right. I'm certainly not outraged, however I do think they look silly and perhaps misguided, that is the consensus in my circles as well.

Next week, it will be something else. I'm not sure which attention span is shorter, the people or the media.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Here is my Stance on this sociological expose'. If we do not respect the fabric, of who we are as a nation no matter how angry we may be, or who we want to blame for how we feel, especially our core of what we are a symbol or ANTHEM that reminds us of who and what we are and we normalize tarnishing it on a stage that has influence as ok, we as a country, have big problems. Now as far as trump, he is an idiot scares the crap out of me,most things I am reading and hearing and watching is emotional, very little intelligence or logic, sure freedom of speech to disrespect our sacred institutions I get it, but to support in heart and soul as being ok... Those of you that do, I suggest you ask yourselves why? Is it personal? Blaming our anthem and what it represents as a whole, for how you feel about something unfair, is selfish... To me those that feel that way do not understand the struggle being an American has become. That's it all I got.. I truly hope this is all just a stunt and people really do love the country they live in.. cherish this country, we are truly the only free country and we are close, very very close if we don't change to being ruled.. Sick of these sports divas being selfish... Inmature in their standings in our society in critical instances I think...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
I agree 100%!

However---these guys are millionaires. They're not Rosa Parks on a bus. They have multi-million dollar contracts, thus the means to make a real difference in the lives of the oppressed and the victims of injustice. If the first guy who did this had announced his reasons for doing this and his suggestions for solutions to these problems, followed by his donation of x% of his contract pay to a local free legal clinic. And a challenge to his fellow sports people to follow his lead.... With the kind of money these guys make---those dollars flowing into the communities would truly make a difference. The injustice has to be fought in the court system and that means lots of money. These guys have lots of money.

I'm of the opinion that if you are going to protest something---you need to offer solutions as well as pointing out the problem. If you are a multi-millionaire celebrity preaching about the evils of the country, you need to be seen doing something to actually help out the folks you're representing. Willie Nelson comes to mind. He speaks out about the problems then goes and raises millions to actually help the folks.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Though really there's no reason for me to gloat. I'm looking at a lot of stuff about Puerto Rico right now & it's tearing me up. it's worse than I'd thought. That and the other hurricane rebuilding efforts should be our #1 priorities right now.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Well I don't think I agree here. If 80 percent of officers are out of shape they can't be effective. That is more than three percent.

If 60 percent of cops can't shoot that is a problem.

If police unions protect inadequate cops and procedures/training in effective.

Personally I don't pick fights bit I have ended plenty.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Bueller?......BUELLER!?!?!?

abcnews.go.com...
www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I think the real question is "So why are people complaining about them doing a literal act of subservience to the national anthem?".

You and me both!

It just proves that the world I grew up in has turned totally upside down. When making the ultimate gesture of submission is viewed as a protest the society has dropped the basket.... All my old hippie friends agree.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I pick what I feel needs it, if I can.
It's debate or fists.
My view is that of a cav trooper.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Though really there's no reason for me to gloat. I'm looking at a lot of stuff about Puerto Rico right now & it's tearing me up. it's worse than I'd thought. That and the other hurricane rebuilding efforts should be our #1 priorities right now.

Yes. Here the sports figures and celebrities can make a real difference. I know there are several hurricane aid funds running in major league baseball.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Yeah but it's an important one.

And I get the flag kneeling being some what let's say short sighted in the grand scheme and centric.

But it's a r.c.h. compared to the B.S. we face everday that disgraces our flag.

Including the image of a cop shooting a lady in her bath robe (across his partners face) who called them.. it doesn't matter what color that lady was.
edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

MANY these shootings are odd...the person or officer JUST goes off...or it's another 3 % asshole

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join