It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think it would be unwise to follow Trumps advice ,the people vote with cash, that EX-RANGER's uniform is the HOTTEST selling football jersey in the country..and no one gets it...he's HISPANIC not WHITE as well(As if we GIVE a s#it)...

You're a perfect person to ask. Are you offended if people do not stand, hand over heart, during the National Anthem at a sporting event?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

They can be fired, have I ever stated differently?

Do you know the terms of every player's contract? Or not?

What happens to the value of the contract when someone is fired without legitimate cause?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I was filming the start of my son's High School football game two years ago when the guy behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said stop filming and show respect for the flag. I laughed at him and continued filming anyway. But I also moved to another seat, in case he had a knife in his pocket.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: pavil

They can be fired, have I ever stated differently?

Do you know the terms of every player's contract? Or not?

What happens to the value of the contract when someone is fired without legitimate cause?

Why don't you research it, since you don't seem to trust me.

Please post your findings... The NFL is Judge, Jury and Executioner.

Trump’s comments raise an intriguing legal question: could NFL owners heed the President’s advice and fire players for kneeling during the anthem?

The answer is probably yes, though it is by no means a sure thing.

As a starting point, it’s worth highlighting the limits of constitutional rights in the context of NFL players. While a player has the same First Amendment right to free speech and expression as other Americans, that right only protects him from sanction by the government—it does not insulate him from sanction by his team or the league.

The standard NFL player contract—which every player signs—offers considerable discretion to teams in the decision to terminate a player’s employment.

Take Paragraph 2 for “employment and services.” In it, the player pledges to “conduct himself on and off the field with appropriate recognition of the fact that the success of professional football depends largely on public respect for and approval of those associated with the game.” This fairly vague language might allow a team to reason that if a player engages in protest that diminishes “public respect” for “those associated with the game” then the player is in breach. How “public respect” is impacted by player protests is not clear and probably varies by whom you ask. As MMQB’s Tim Rohan recently found, some fans deeply admire the protests while others detest them.

Link

Players would only get guaranteed money and that is prorated by the contract and how long employed.

If a player is “fired” for protesting, note that he may still be owed money from his team. Often when an employee is fired, he or she has an “at will” relationship with their employer, meaning the employee or the employer can end the relationship with relative ease. An NFL player is in a different position. He has an employment contract. If he or his team ends the employment relationship before the contract expires, then the contract has been breached. The contract stipulates whether the player is still owed money. Although NFL contracts generally do not “guarantee” money, some players sign contracts with guarantees that require future payments. A “fired” player would still receive those payments.

edit on 25-9-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No ,It's their choices and many aren't even citizens.
Its just a deliberate insult to me as a "RIGHT WING "vet in support of BLM thugs I'd KILL myself if I got the chance,who cares what they are covered in SKIN WISE,whites are COOL to get whacked in that category too.
and as is NOMINAL for emo civilian ideology it doesn't CHANGE a damn thing.
NOT police screening or training which are the issues that must be faced in order to correct( or better yet repositioned off the streets)wackball cops who require violent control.

edit on 25-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Thank you for saying this.

People say they support police yet don't see they are horribly trained and terribly screened.

80 percent out of shape, 60-70 with poor marksmanship...

In my expirience it's pretty hard to shoot out of breath after an adrenaline dump, particularly without regular maintenance training.

I had some guy in another thread say he is a cop and they are taught to fire out of vehicles in his unit. That was pretty disturbing to hear. I have shot a service pistol's trigger weight....and couldn't possible shoot out of a moving vehicle safely and I go to the range about once a week.

"A careful, but hardly exhaustive, study of reality reveals that common knowledge is wrong: where firearms are involved, the police are not highly trained professionals. That many people buy this misconception is understandable. Americans are raised on a steady diet of cop TV shows and movies where the heroes, virtually every episode, end up shooting bad guys, usually dropping them with single, perfectly placed, shots, or even shooting to wound, which virtually always immediately drops and incapacitates the bad guy.

The truth is—and should be—frightening: the overwhelming majority of police officers are not competent shooters."

bearingarms.com...

"They rarely, if ever, practice on their own, and only a tiny portion of all police officers use their own time and money to attend advanced shooting or tactical schools, things a great many citizens routinely do. Far too many officers have only a single firearm: their issued duty handgun. Often, that handgun, as in the case of New York City, is a serious problem in and of itself."
edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Villanueva’s Jersey Sales Skyrocket After Anthem Stand

www.breitbart.com...

Rotheburger has also had a change of heart - tweeting that players should stand and show unity for the country.

Perhaps the spoiled brats in the NFL are starting to realise they are standing with liberal billionaires and the media pushing race hate for politics.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

How is Kaps Jersey doing a couple years of not playing?

Don't get too excited.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Villanueva’s Jersey Sales Skyrocket After Anthem Stand

www.breitbart.com...

Rotheburger has also had a change of heart - tweeting that players should stand and show unity for the country.

Looks like Vil has had a change of heart too:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
The NFL picks and chooses what it wants to enforce of it's rules. That's been shown numerous times.

Nobody has asked the obvious question...What would Jesus do?

Actually, I can answer that...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Also the reactionary MACHO clowns or PTSD victims that have NO business joining at all,
which is THE CRUX of the issue,NOT every GOON can be DAMNED impressive like myself and KNOW better than to try.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

That's funny, since it was a conservative billionaire who made this a national issue both by urging an economic boycott of NFL teams and by calling those kneeling players "sons of b_tches". And that conservative billionaires have followed his orders. So I wonder who's really the pawn right now?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: amazing

Freedom of speech, in your mind, stops at the Presidency then!? Plenty of people agree with Trump.You realize Trump won the Presidency, right?

He does have Freedom of Speech. But he also has a responsibility to unite the country and not say divisive rhetoric or try to influence businesses to fire employees that disagree with him. He has more power than most people in the US and his words have more powere than most people. That's just the way it is.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

The NFL picks and chooses what it wants to enforce of it's rules. That's been shown numerous times.

He's not watching CFL?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This may or may not have been posted

scontent.fybz2-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

en.wikipedia.org...

West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943), is a decision by the Supreme Court of the United States holding that the Free Speech Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution protected students from being forced to salute the American flag and say the Pledge of Allegiance in school. The Court's 6–3 decision, delivered by Justice Robert H. Jackson, is remembered for its forceful defense of free speech and constitutional rights generally as being placed "beyond the reach of majorities and officials."

It was a significant court victory won by Jehovah's Witnesses, whose religion forbade them from saluting or pledging to symbols, including symbols of political institutions. However, the Court did not address the effect the compelled salutation and recital ruling had upon their particular religious beliefs but instead ruled that the state did not have the power to compel speech in that manner for anyone.

Barnette overruled a 1940 decision on the same issue, Minersville School District v. Gobitis (also involving the children of Jehovah's Witnesses), in which the Court stated that the proper recourse for dissent was to try to change the school policy democratically.

link   

originally posted by: luthier

How is Kaps Jersey doing a couple years of not playing?

Don't get too excited.

"I DONT WANT POLITICS IN MUH SPORTS"

*athlete stands for the National Anthem and sells jerseys

"WOOHOO, WIN FOR AMERICA!"

They don't want *anything but their political affiliation* in their sports.

link   

originally posted by: Onslaught9966

Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

Again it says SHOULD (an option) stand and they were on the field.

Multiple teams were in the locker room for the anthem. Steelers, Seahawks and one other.

How about that. Its like its 2008 all over again here.

And the kicker is that its actually a protest. LOL.

I read about the lady who sang the national anthem then took a knee. On the outside i was convulsing with laughter, but on the inside i was crying.

Its hilarious to watch just how irrational humans are. Its sad and scary to see it actually happen though.

link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Just on a basic level having been a soldier can you be effective obese?

Of 60 percent are obese and 80 out of shape the readiness factor even if they are decent humams is not good.

Making quick decisions with the heartburn of a bag of cheetos may be tough at 350 lbs.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: canuckster
This may or may not have been posted

scontent.fybz2-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

en.wikipedia.org...

West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943), is a decision by the Supreme Court of the United States holding that the Free Speech Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution protected students from being forced to salute the American flag and say the Pledge of Allegiance in school. The Court's 6–3 decision, delivered by Justice Robert H. Jackson, is remembered for its forceful defense of free speech and constitutional rights generally as being placed "beyond the reach of majorities and officials."

It was a significant court victory won by Jehovah's Witnesses, whose religion forbade them from saluting or pledging to symbols, including symbols of political institutions. However, the Court did not address the effect the compelled salutation and recital ruling had upon their particular religious beliefs but instead ruled that the state did not have the power to compel speech in that manner for anyone.

Barnette overruled a 1940 decision on the same issue, Minersville School District v. Gobitis (also involving the children of Jehovah's Witnesses), in which the Court stated that the proper recourse for dissent was to try to change the school policy democratically.

It hasn't been posted enough.

When I was in high school, I was suspended for not standing for the pledge and informed my teacher at the time it was an infringement of my Constitutional rights. I was fifteen, and my teacher told me "you have a lot to learn."

Well, after making my case (I was fifteen, mind you) and reminding them of a few key cases (this being one of them) they had nothing left to do but fire the teacher.

He had a lot to learn.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

He's not watching CFL?

Who does?

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join