It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: pavil

Did you notice that the rules changed this season?

link

So, is it true?

Technically, yes. But it's not in the "NFL rule book."

While this language does not appear in the 2017 Official Playing Rules of the National Football League, which is available in its entirety online, it is a part of the game operations manual, which is distributed to all 32 teams, according to NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy

edit on 25-9-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

So, it's not in the rule book then.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

So now tell me which half of the electorate was the half that voted for Hillary? Are you admitting that much of those people weren't even citizens with voting right?y
edit on 25-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Thank you for that link to the rule book. The operations manual is what's being enforced by Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. He told the players that if they do not stand for the national anthem they will be terminated.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Ok. Just the NFL game operations manual........So the NFL just made up that manual for fun. You make it sound like it's made up, the league has confirmed that reference is accurate.

The same NFL that fined a player for wearing purple cleats to highlight domestic violence.....the NFL is really against that.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The rules are found on pages A62-63 of the league’s game operations manual: The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area SHOULD stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

It states should, not has to. That word SHOULD gives them an option.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Onslaught9966 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

I have never said Trump is a communist leader. I actually have not heard that view.

Trump's big statement, I thought, was to fire players who kneel which is an action he doesn't like.

This whole issue is a waste of brain time, IMO. It's obvious many people in this country love and want division.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught9966

Jeez from your own quote of my quote of a quote:

Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Ok. Just the NFL game operations manual........So the NFL just made up that manual for fun. You make it sound like it's made up, the league has confirmed that reference is accurate.

The same NFL that fined a player for wearing purple cleats to highlight domestic violence.....the NFL is really against that.

The rules are the rules, right?

Why don't you ask the NFL Commissioner; he may have some ideas on the matter.

link   
Duplicate post sorry

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Thank you for that link to the rule book. The operations manual is what's being enforced by Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. He told the players that if they do not stand for the national anthem they will be terminated.

If he's willing to pay out their contracts ... I guess we'll see.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught9966

Jeez from your own quote of my quote of a quote:

Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

You think the NFL which fines you for breathing wrong.....hadn't thought of this?
Some teams decided to stay in the locker room.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Again it says SHOULD (an option) stand and they were on the field. Since they are given the option to stand, they are not in violation of any of the above.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Most NFL contracts are not guaranteed...some monies are but not the lenght of employment. Happens all the time with injuries.

link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

I am not a libertarian. I vote that way. I am an independent. Though I registered as a Republican in the past to vote in the primaries.

Something I greatly regretted as they sold my name to advertising.

Socially pretty liberal, while having a family morality I don't feel the need to impose on everyone else.
edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Onslaught9966

Again it says SHOULD (an option) stand and they were on the field.

Multiple teams were in the locker room for the anthem. Steelers, Seahawks and one other.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught9966

Again it says SHOULD (an option) stand and they were on the field.

Multiple teams were in the locker room for the anthem. Steelers, Seahawks and one other.

Well then, let us see what the commissioner does, I am going to guess nothing.
And it does state MAY, not a definite offence, which probably means at the commissioners discretion.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Most NFL contracts are not guaranteed...some monies are but not the lenght of employment. Happens all the time with injuries.

So you think being fired over something not in the rules won't invoke automatic payout?

I see you're not a sports attorney.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So you think being fired over something not in the rules won't invoke automatic payout?

I see you're not a sports attorney.

Go ask Ray Rice or dozens of other NFL players. The NFL can fire for conduct detrimental to the team or league.

PERSONAL CONDUCT POLICY
League Policies for Players
It is a privilege to be part of the National Football League. Everyone who is part of the league
must refrain from “conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in” the NFL. This
includes owners, coaches, players, other team employees, game officials, and employees of the league
office, NFL Films, NFL Network, or any other NFL business.
Conduct by anyone in the league that is illegal, violent, dangerous, or irresponsible puts innocent
victims at risk, damages the reputation of others in the game, and undercuts public respect and support for
the NFL. We must endeavor at all times to be people of high character; we must show respect for others
inside and outside our workplace; and we must strive to conduct ourselves in ways that favorably reflect on
ourselves, our teams, the communities we represent, and the NFL.
To this end, the league has increased education regarding respect and appropriate behavior, has
provided resources for all employees to assist them in conforming their behavior to the standards expected
of them, and has made clear that the league’s goal is to prevent violations of the Personal Conduct Policy.
In order to uphold our high standards, when violations of this Personal Conduct Policy do occur,
appropriate disciplinary action must follow.
This Personal Conduct Policy is issued pursuant to the Commissioner’s authority under the
Constitution and Bylaws, Collective Bargaining Agreement and NFL Player Contract to address and
sanction conduct detrimental to the league and professional football. It applies to players under contract;
all rookie players selected in the NFL college draft and all undrafted rookie players, unsigned veterans who
were under contract in the prior League Year; and other prospective players once they commence
negotiations with a club concerning employment.

You keep acting like I'm making this stuff up and you are looking foolish. The NFL picks and chooses what it wants to enforce of it's rules. That's been shown numerous times.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I think it would be unwise to follow Trumps advice ,the people vote with cash, that EX-RANGER's uniform is the HOTTEST selling football jersey in the country..and no one gets it...he's HISPANIC not WHITE as well(As if we GIVE a s#it)...

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join