It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You may be right.

I think the trigger for ... limited unrest ... will be Trump's removal from office either by impeachment and conviction, Amendment XXV or ... something else.

If that happens, just stick a fork in our republic and the rule of law. Nothing is lower or dirtier than politically motivated use of punitive action.

I don't like Trump, and i'd be willing to riot in the streets over something like that. If i believed that the system was just to begin with, anyway.

Like i keep saying: this is all contrived to elicit specific emotions from either side. We are the targets of mass propaganda.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

No he would NOT have been

You can't state that as a fact.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: UnBreakable

a reply to: UnBreakable

So don't go to games and don't watch them.

Problem solved! Everyone's rights intact.

I don't. Problem solved.

Awesome. You've voted your conscience just like the players!

Because I refuse to watch these priveledged players who make millions disrespect the flag. The only NFL player who had any balls was Pat Tillman who gave up a lucrative NFL contract, served, and died for the flag. So in my opinion, they're disrespecting a fellow player who went the total opposite route.

Pat would have been behind them 100%. Are YOU disrespecting him?

No he would NOT have been..he would be disgusted with the Never Trump side.

Not siding with deranged fools.

Don't know much about him do you. He was selfless and honorable. Unlike the selfish masses. Like we see here poopooing on this.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

originally posted by: 2Baaka

Already implemented this strategy. No NFL for me this year.

If they want my business they need to bring the a**hats on the field in line.

I'm not even wearing my team hat.

Wow...same for me except...

My boycott is because of people and owners like you.

A player can protest what they want if they aren't hurting anyone.

What I object to is using the job to force politics down the throats of fans. Football is a sport, not politics.

If they want to protest, fine, but do it off the field when you're not on the clock.

You people with these throat forcing metaphors. By the same token then, Trump was "on the job" when he made his asinine comments. Why should the American people have the President's politics shoved down our throats?

Apples and oranges.

When you're on the field you are part of a football team. That is no place for individual politics and divisiveness.

... and the bully pulpit of the Presidency is???

Ptuh.

Funny you never called it a bully pulpit till your boy Obama had to leave.

Cause he was a smooth comedian you never noticed the slime oozing from his condescending sneers?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Maybe this has been One Big Social Experiment brought to you by the BRAIN Initiative and Behavioral and Social Science studies involving large sums of grant money from NIH and NSF....(it could happen...)

NIH is the largest funder of behavioral and social sciences research (BSSR) in the federal government.

When you read all the little details and independent studies supported under the B.R.A.I.N. Initiative, you get the feeling it is not all for good. There are some little closets that house some pretty scary experimental ideas.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We are indeed being herded, perhaps like cats, but herded, nonetheless.

You see what I mean about Trump's removal lighting the fuse though.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: 2Baaka

Already implemented this strategy. No NFL for me this year.

If they want my business they need to bring the a**hats on the field in line.

I'm not even wearing my team hat.

Wow...same for me except...

My boycott is because of people and owners like you.

A player can protest what they want if they aren't hurting anyone.

What I object to is using the job to force politics down the throats of fans. Football is a sport, not politics.

If they want to protest, fine, but do it off the field when you're not on the clock.

You people with these throat forcing metaphors. By the same token then, Trump was "on the job" when he made his asinine comments. Why should the American people have the President's politics shoved down our throats?

Apples and oranges.

When you're on the field you are part of a football team. That is no place for individual politics and divisiveness.

... and the bully pulpit of the Presidency is???

Ptuh.

Funny you never called it a bully pulpit till your boy Obama had to leave.

Cause he was a smooth comedian you never noticed the slime oozing from his condescending sneers?

Since you're desperately trying to make this personal because you have no argument, it's fairly easy to find my comments about politicians: they're all psychotic liars.

Your opinion of "me" is not relevant to the discussion. Direct that garbage somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Any evidence for that position?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What appears to have happened is that those on the far edges of R - L, Trump - AntiTrump or whatever line or mark that is used to divide them, have gone around to a point where they are drinking koolaid from the same bucket but don't see it.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Leave football alone??? These guys are using it as a platform for political protest. They are not being patriotic in any sense of the word. Why don't they just donate their is. Pay checks to their cause hmmmmmm?

It sounds like you haven't played a professional sport before.

Social media and press conferences are the place to voice an opinion IMO, but it's the players choice. But the moment you go out on that field, you need to let it go and play the game. Vent your anger before or after the game, not during the game.

Sounds like Communism to me.

"I don't like NFL players, I think their earnings should go elsewhere!"

Pretty amusing tbh. I expect to see the same folks harping on about how NFL players should use their money for "X, Y, and Z," also discuss how Donald Trump should use his money for the same things.

I won't hold my breath.

Let's not forget kaepernick did donate large amounts of money to poor neighborhoods.

To me this outweighs any disagreement I have over his protest.

I wish all of us that disagree with each other would prove our point by helping out people in need.

He protests injustice, says it's not about the military, donates huge sums of his own money to help people, donates suits and clothes to help homeless people get jobs, and more than anything donates his time and gets his hands dirty.

But somehow, someway, a certain segment has done some gymnastics to consider him to be reprehensible.
edit on 25-9-2017 by jordan77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Trump has a WWF [World Wrestling Federation] mentality....that made his f-buddies Vince McMahon and his wife billions of dollars. The fixed sport is steeped in steroid/HGH use and head shots that cause brain damage and body harm. No wonder Trump doesn't seem to give a hoot about brain concussions to NFL players, mainly because of his love for the almighty dollar, including his sadistic personality, that has lead the United States to participate in such dangerous foolish follies --- By disrespecting lower income people, other countries, different races, etc, etc --- Benefited by HIS ultra-rich spoiled mentality, that is common with the rich folk down in Palm Springs, Florida. Only Trump ups the ante and danger to the environment, country and our world as a whole by being POTUS.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Erno86 because: added a couple of words

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Maybe.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Maybe this has been One Big Social Experiment brought to you by the BRAIN Initiative and Behavioral and Social Science studies involving large sums of grant money from NIH and NSF....(it could happen...)

NIH is the largest funder of behavioral and social sciences research (BSSR) in the federal government.

When you read all the little details and independent studies supported under the B.R.A.I.N. Initiative, you get the feeling it is not all for good. There are some little closets that house some pretty scary experimental ideas.

Care to support this claim with, well, anything other an opinion post?

No? Okay.

So, by your own omission - Trump must've been in on it, too, considering the entire protest across the NFL was sparked off by his tweet.

So much for Trump being "anti-establishment," although to be fair that campaign propaganda piece lost all its merit long, long ago.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Grambler
I agree that the homicide conviction rate for blacks is higher than for whites. I wonder how that would breakdown by location.

That discussion was about arrests in general. Wasn't it?

The fbi nbers track only arrests, not convictions.

I wish I wasn't on mobile I would link them.

Ok, so again, more arrests of blacks. That's not being argued.

Why do you assume they are being arrested more, for no reason?

Thug-life equates to more arrests...at least it should.

Disproportionate amount of bad behaved people..in alot of areas and they naturally get arrested more.

Go to some black neighborhoods and observe...it is as bad as ANYWHERE in the world for intimidation and hatred and terrible behavior.

Redneck heaven has even been surpassed.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The surging nationalism i see in the US scares me.

It feeds off of the surging belittling of this country we see from people.

Both extremes feed off of each other.

No one is belittling the United States.

That's a throwback argument to the 50s, 60s and 70s: I think you can do better.
Well actually they are when NFL players are kneeling for the US anthem abroad while standing for the UK anthem. I mean reallt they are obviously not opposed to U.K. Nationalism. Seems like more hatred of America to me

OR the UK system isn't screwing them.
East to say that when you don't live there.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The surging nationalism i see in the US scares me.

It feeds off of the surging belittling of this country we see from people.

Both extremes feed off of each other.

No one is belittling the United States.

That's a throwback argument to the 50s, 60s and 70s: I think you can do better.
Well actually they are when NFL players are kneeling for the US anthem abroad while standing for the UK anthem. I mean reallt they are obviously not opposed to U.K. Nationalism. Seems like more hatred of America to me

OR the UK system isn't screwing them.
East to say that when you don't live there.

Easy to say because they live in the States. Jeez.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Maybe.

Let us know when you have something.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yeah, you don't know nothing about the UK ... or being a subject thereof (technically) DO YA?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yeah, i do.

People who I think are otherwise intelligent continuously let me down when it comes to the current politics.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
What appears to have happened is that those on the far edges of R - L, Trump - AntiTrump or whatever line or mark that is used to divide them, have gone around to a point where they are drinking koolaid from the same bucket but don't see it.
No it's just that people are being ridiculous calling him a communist dictator. I'm
Pretty sure these people don't understand the definition of communism. In case you or anyone else on this thread don't know what it is....it's the State control over the means of production. What that means is the State runs all the companies and decides when how and how much of goods and services are produced. Trump calling for voluntary boycotting of a sports venue gone wild doesn't equal State control of the means of production. But you know, a certain former Potus invited illegals to come here and vote in our elections abd told activists to get in people's faces.... I wonder sometimes about people's perspectives.
edit on 25-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join