It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Leave football alone??? These guys are using it as a platform for political protest. They are not being patriotic in any sense of the word. Why don't they just donate their is. Pay checks to their cause hmmmmmm?

It sounds like you haven't played a professional sport before.

Social media and press conferences are the place to voice an opinion IMO, but it's the players choice. But the moment you go out on that field, you need to let it go and play the game. Vent your anger before or after the game, not during the game.

Sounds like Communism to me.

"I don't like NFL players, I think their earnings should go elsewhere!"

Pretty amusing tbh. I expect to see the same folks harping on about how NFL players should use their money for "X, Y, and Z," also discuss how Donald Trump should use his money for the same things.

I won't hold my breath.

Let's not forget kaepernick did donate large amounts of money to poor neighborhoods.

To me this outweighs any disagreement I have over his protest.

I wish all of us that disagree with each other would prove our point by helping out people in need.

Kaepernick has donated more than most people on ATS have, I imagine.

I just remind myself that ATS wanted to preserve the rights of Nazi's and allow them to organize, march, chant "the Jews will not replace us," but at the same time want an ostracize people for a mere minutes of silent protesting.

Pretty telling, and people say racism doesn't exist. Lol.

Again This is not what happened.

Many people were asking if it was ok to hit nazis, or to use violence to keep them from speaking.

Or saying they shouldn't be allowed to speak on public land.

Many people, including myself defended even their right to free speech, and condemned using violence or laws to stop them.

That was not a question of wanting to see nazis fired.

In this issue, I have seen very few people suggest using laws or violence to stop these players from their protest. I am sure that you will find that had a huge discussion been occuring suggesting using violence to stop them, coupled with actual violence being used to shut some of them up, there would have been a loud outcry on ats and elsewhere on how wrong that was, and how it was against their free speech right.

People wanting these protesters to be fired (which I dont) is no where close to the same thing.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: amazing

Thi isn't about Trump! This is about disrespect for our country and all those who serve to keep it free. Stop your head fake making it about Trump!

Two seperate issues. Trump urging a private business to fire employees he disagrees with and freedom of expression. You can google those two things and you'll see it's two different issues. How do I stop my head fake?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Has it occurred to anyone this latest Trump tweet could just be a distraction, if so it has worked.

The MSM are running this globally after Trump makes a tweet, he is setting the news agenda with twitter lol.

The North Korea thing is getting a bit hot maybe he wanted to divert attention, and this has done it very well.

So a few highly paid footballers want to kneel, big deal. They can do it it's not illegal or anything. But on the other hand people are also allowed to criticize it.

They are kind of being a bit dumb IMO because what are they now going to do this forever, at what point to they stop this if ever? And in a way it is insulting their own country it's a pretty dumb protest IMO, but probably taken a bit too seriously also.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

He's definitely using it as a distraction. Although I'm guessing it's to distract from Puerto Rico. A US territory pretty much gets wiped off the map and the administration seemingly does nothing? That has the potential garner more backlash than Bush's response to Katrina.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Can we boycott Trump?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The surging nationalism i see in the US scares me.

It feeds off of the surging belittling of this country we see from people.

Both extremes feed off of each other.

No one is belittling the United States.

That's a throwback argument to the 50s, 60s and 70s: I think you can do better.
Well actually they are when NFL players are kneeling for the US anthem abroad while standing for the UK anthem. I mean reallt they are obviously not opposed to U.K. Nationalism. Seems like more hatred of America to me

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Maybe because you don't know anything about the players?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

The surging nationalism i see in the US scares me.

It feeds off of the surging belittling of this country we see from people.

Both extremes feed off of each other.

No one is belittling the United States.

That's a throwback argument to the 50s, 60s and 70s: I think you can do better.
Well actually they are when NFL players are kneeling for the US anthem abroad while standing for the UK anthem. I mean reallt they are obviously not opposed to U.K. Nationalism. Seems like more hatred of America to me

OR the UK system isn't screwing them.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Ouch.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You know you do have a partial point ... I had forgotten a lot of the hateful and divisive rhetoric from some Republicans and Tea Partiers 2009-2017.

I'm not a big fan of the word "evil" as it's usually merely an appeal to emotion, but I think we have to admit that the United States government has committed many evil and racist acts.

Burning the flag is disrespectful and at the same time a powerful statement. Opinions vary.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You forgot to add "in my opinion."

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The sad thing I see about this event is the way the president has handled it.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Black_Fox

Pretty basic indeed.

You don't see any issues with the way things are.

These folks do.

The amazing thing about America is that you both get to voice your opinions.

Their narrative is controlled by hate..unbridled delusion and complete indifference as to why they are killing each other.

The media is complicit in the destruction of it all, the music misguided...the drugs in control and these brainwashed fools WANT to believe it is them against the world.

Tinfoil hats are needed for these poor fellows...they cannot see the forest for the trees.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Im referring to our intelligence agencies, and their complete exploitation of the repeal of Smith Mundt.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Im referring to our intelligence agencies, and their complete exploitation of the repeal of Smith Mundt.

Well that is a huge problem, I agree.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

a reply to: Black_Fox

Pretty basic indeed.

You don't see any issues with the way things are.

These folks do.

The amazing thing about America is that you both get to voice your opinions.

Their narrative is controlled by hate..unbridled delusion and complete indifference as to why they are killing each other.

The media is complicit in the destruction of it all, the music misguided...the drugs in control and these brainwashed fools WANT to believe it is them against the world.

Tinfoil hats are needed for these poor fellows...they cannot see the forest for the trees.

So you think that Black people hate, are deluded and indifferent to killing. You don't like media, some music or drugs either.

So what? You think that an entire "race" of people are brainwashed fools. Why should anyone listen to your opinion?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

In that light, consider that since somewhere around mid March of 2017, Trump became controlled opposition. That is when the Russian thing mostly left the MSM.

He is the wedge that they are using to drive the division further. Before he leaves office, all itll take to create complete mayhem is to stage some kind of race inspired mass killing. And I think it is going to happen, based on what i've seen so far this year. Probably before the mid terms.

bookmark this post....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You may be right.

I think the trigger for ... limited unrest ... will be Trump's removal from office either by impeachment and conviction, Amendment XXV or ... something else.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: tribal
real question:

does anyone know ANY ONE who has changed their mind about anything relating to the treatment of blacks as a result of some sports dudes kneeling during the anthem?

thought so.

Do you know anyone who has been directly harmed by their actions? If no, then why do you really give a hoot? It is not the players who have blown this whole thing out of proportion. Don't like it, just ignore it.

Because they look like complete idiots...they are controlled by the media and they never protest what SHOULD be protested.

The look of confusion and foolishness on their faces is telling..and compelling.

They are sheep of the highest levels.....they would not DARE kneel for anything of value.

They are not allowed to think they have a role in the filth...they have become a religion unto themselves.

Every other group who have actual outside problems are laughing at the disgrace they see.

What a complete joke the left blm and liberalism has played on these athletes and everyone else.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: UnBreakable

a reply to: UnBreakable

So don't go to games and don't watch them.

Problem solved! Everyone's rights intact.

I don't. Problem solved.

Awesome. You've voted your conscience just like the players!

Because I refuse to watch these priveledged players who make millions disrespect the flag. The only NFL player who had any balls was Pat Tillman who gave up a lucrative NFL contract, served, and died for the flag. So in my opinion, they're disrespecting a fellow player who went the total opposite route.

Pat would have been behind them 100%. Are YOU disrespecting him?

No he would NOT have been..he would be disgusted with the Never Trump side.

Not siding with deranged fools.

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join