It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Grambler

Mostly.

But there is a wedge causing the divide.

Are you referring to trump?

I think the divide has been there long before he was elected.

In fact, I think he was able to be elected largely because of people being fed up with being lectured to about how bad whiteness, the U.S., men, the abled, capitalists, chritlstians, cis gendered, fly over country, deplorables, etc. are.

Now the pendulum is swinging to the other extreme for some, which keeps the cycle going.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Grambler

The surging nationalism i see in the US scares me.

It feeds off of the surging belittling of this country we see from people.

Both extremes feed off of each other.

No one is belittling the United States.

That's a throwback argument to the 50s, 60s and 70s: I think you can do better.

That's not true.

Plenty of people call the U.S. evil, racist, etc. Plenty burn the American flag and call for the uprooting of the entire system.

It may not be what the players protesting are doing, but it certainly exists

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Mostly.

In fact, I think he was able to be elected largely because of people being fed up with being lectured to about how bad whiteness, the U.S., men, the abled, capitalists, chritlstians, cis gendered, fly over country, deplorables, etc. are.

Now the pendulum is swinging to the other extreme for some, which keeps the cycle going.

You don't think it's because even Democrats don't like Hilary?

Let's not get hysterical now. The reason he won is that half the electorate stayed home because the choices sucked and he was an unknown. If he gets re elected you may be correct.
edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Leave football alone??? These guys are using it as a platform for political protest. They are not being patriotic in any sense of the word. Why don't they just donate their is. Pay checks to their cause hmmmmmm?

It sounds like you haven't played a professional sport before.

Social media and press conferences are the place to voice an opinion IMO, but it's the players choice. But the moment you go out on that field, you need to let it go and play the game. Vent your anger before or after the game, not during the game.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The surging nationalism i see in the US scares me.

as a democrat, we have had disagreements (cough) over the years, but jesus, if it scares YOU, the republican party is in deep do-do.
by the way....how are you making out with the aftermath of Harvey, family ok?....friends ok?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Thi isn't about Trump! This is about disrespect for our country and all those who serve to keep it free. Stop your head fake making it about Trump!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Those that serve don't see it that way.....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Leave football alone??? These guys are using it as a platform for political protest. They are not being patriotic in any sense of the word. Why don't they just donate their is. Pay checks to their cause hmmmmmm?

Social media and press conferences are the place to voice an opinion IMO, but it's the players choice. But the moment you go out on that field, you need to let it go and play the game. Vent your anger before or after the game, not during the game.

Sounds like Communism to me.

"I don't like NFL players, I think their earnings should go elsewhere!"

Pretty amusing tbh. I expect to see the same folks harping on about how NFL players should use their money for "X, Y, and Z," also discuss how Donald Trump should use his money for the same things.

I won't hold my breath.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Mostly.

You don't think it's because even Democrats don't like Hilary?

Let's not get hysterical now. The reason he won is that half the electorate stayed home because the choices sucked and he was an unknown. If he gets re elected you may be correct.

Of course I think Hillary was the biggest reason trump won.

But I think trump won the primary and the general in part because people were giving a symbolic f u to what they saw as people saying they were bad and lecturing to them.

Hence why America first resonated so well with many peiple, because they felt americans weren't the first priority of many politicians.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Pretty amusing tbh. I expect to see the same folks harping on about how NFL players should use their money for "X, Y, and Z," also discuss how Donald Trump should use his money for the same things.

I won't hold my breath.

Let's not forget kaepernick did donate large amounts of money to poor neighborhoods.

To me this outweighs any disagreement I have over his protest.

I wish all of us that disagree with each other would prove our point by helping out people in need.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Thi isn't about Trump! This is about disrespect for our country and all those who serve to keep it free. Stop your head fake making it about Trump!

Exercising Constituional rights = disrespecting the nation and those who fought.... to preserve and protect Constituional rights

In twenty years, I can totally see "the elite," or "tptb," continuing this indoctrination of making people exercising Constituional rights as the "enemies of America."

Not about Trump? Funny, considering what happened yesterday was a DIRECT response to Donald Trump's tweets.

But hey, keep on pushing the narrative that Americans exercising Constituional rights is a disgrace.

Maybe one day, you'll see your dreams come to fruition in which we no longer have Constituional rights.... I'm sure you'll all be singing praise about it then, too.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

I won't hold my breath.

Let's not forget kaepernick did donate large amounts of money to poor neighborhoods.

To me this outweighs any disagreement I have over his protest.

I wish all of us that disagree with each other would prove our point by helping out people in need.

Kaepernick has donated more than most people on ATS have, I imagine.

I just remind myself that ATS wanted to preserve the rights of Nazi's and allow them to organize, march, chant "the Jews will not replace us," but at the same time want an ostracize people for a mere minutes of silent protesting.

Pretty telling, and people say racism doesn't exist. Lol.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Lol. So a thread that was up almost a full day, had 30 pages of comments and 40 flags, was redirected to this?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier
Sure Antifa. Antifa = anti fascist ? Are they not against supposed fascism....aren't people here yelling about nationalism and using the NFL to protest out national anthem????

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: wickd_waze

I think the person you are posting about is unemployed at this time.
He opted out of his contract and was not offered another.

And yet, he still gives more money to charities than Trump does.

as usual no source
why are there always flys buzzing near your posts?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: luthier
Sure Antifa. Antifa = anti fascist ? Are they not against supposed fascism....aren't people here yelling about nationalism and using the NFL to protest out national anthem????

I have no idea. I am responding to your posts and inaccurate jusegment of my point of view.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Thi isn't about Trump! This is about disrespect for our country and all those who serve to keep it free.

You might want to rethink that.

Stop your head fake making it about Trump!

Who should it be about? Bullwinkle? Trump should have kept his mouth shut instead of exacerbating a benign protest.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Exactly. This whole situation pretty much proves that the institutionalized racism endemic to our society that these protests are against exists.

And the fact that every time these protests do come up those in power make it about the protest and not the message should be another big red flag that maybe Kap and those that support him are right.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: seasonal

I have been told on ATS by a great number of members that while at work you have no freedom of speech.

I guess it is up the brass at the NFL. Once they loose billions they may have to put the hammer down on these millionaires.

That's different. That's business. But the President trying to tell a corporation what to do because he doesn't agree with workers there protesting the government is a little shady.

so lemme get this straight, its ok for the players to protest whenever and wherever they want cause thats a right according to you, but when the president makes his opinion known about the matter (his form of protest) then hes a dictator? its not like hes passing laws on this. he just urged is base to boycott such behavior. man the hypocrisy these days is unreal. the fact u think kneeling is about protesting against the govt is quite hilarious btw

Nah.

The actual president of the United states of America called a protestor "A son of a bitch" That's really unprofessional. And shady. An opinion is saying that he doesn't agree with it or doesn't understand why they're doing it. Not name calling.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: seasonal

I have been told on ATS by a great number of members that while at work you have no freedom of speech.

I guess it is up the brass at the NFL. Once they loose billions they may have to put the hammer down on these millionaires.

That's different. That's business. But the President trying to tell a corporation what to do because he doesn't agree with workers there protesting the government is a little shady.

so lemme get this straight, its ok for the players to protest whenever and wherever they want cause thats a right according to you, but when the president makes his opinion known about the matter (his form of protest) then hes a dictator? its not like hes passing laws on this. he just urged is base to boycott such behavior. man the hypocrisy these days is unreal. the fact u think kneeling is about protesting against the govt is quite hilarious btw

Nah.

The actual president of the United states of America called a protestor "A son of a bitch" That's really unprofessional. And shady. An opinion is saying that he doesn't agree with it or doesn't understand why they're doing it. Not name calling.

When someone starts off "so let me get this straight," they almost never get it straight.

Straight full of bull#, maybe.

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join