It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wag the dog?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Donald Trump-one percent genius, ninety nine percent bona fide ass clown.

It doesn't take standing for the national anthem to be patriotic. It doesn't take a hand over the heart when you hear the anthem to be patriotic. Trumps warped version of patriotism makes me think he wants every American to be draped in the stars and stripes while carrying a bible and a photocopy of the constitution.

LEAVE FOOTBALL ALONE! nothing is more American like tail gating at the thanksgiving game, nothing is more American than getting a hotdog at Yankee Stadium, and nothing is more American then a beer at the Indy 500. Folk celebrate their nation in their own way, as a non American I am baffled, sure it is nice to salute your nation but Jesus tap dancing Christ it's not mandatory to stand during the anthem, and I'm pretty sure Trump won't be attending the NFL-America's game-anytime soon.

Go Cowboys.

edit on 25-9-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I'm sure you loved Tebow's action of disobeying Jesus' commandment not to pray in public;

Jesus missed this, he was too busy directing a field goal in the Cowboys/Packers game.

And here I thought He was busy helping a music star's album sell millions ... either that or stopping the rain at the church picnic because Sister Suzy asked him to.

Gosh, Jesus be busy.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wag the dog?

The only thing he's slightly good at is shifting blame.

Mueller's still closing in though.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The surging nationalism i see in the US scares me.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: daveinats
"Trump seems like a communist dictator. "Protest me and you will be ruined" is in essence what hes' saying here. "

No fake outrage from me. These are highly paid professionals. They have no more right to interject their beliefs in my sports that actors and actresses telling us about defense or medical issues.

No more NFL for me...I will turn to NASCAR and college football until the NFL gets it's act together...

From now on the NFL will be the "CFL"...'communist football league'. ANTIFA loves them...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree. Only a matter of time before it's. ULTRA Nationalism. Mayne a few more potuses though unless the war with NK happened. That could be a chance to pump up the jam.

link   
Double
edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: seasonal

Donald Trump-one percent genius, ninety nine percent bona fide ass clown.

It doesn't take standing for the national anthem to be patriotic. It doesn't take a hand over the heart when you hear the anthem to be patriotic. Trumps warped version of patriotism makes me think he wants every American to be draped in the stars and stripes while carrying a bible and a photocopy of the constitution.

LEAVE FOOTBALL ALONE! nothing is more American like tail gating at the thanksgiving game, nothing is more American than getting a hotdog at Yankee Stadium, and nothing is more American then a beer at the Indy 500. Folk celebrate their nation in their own way, as a non American I am baffled, sure it is nice to salute your nation but Jesus tap dancing Christ it's not mandatory to stand during the anthem, and I'm pretty sure Trump won't be attending the NFL-America's game-anytime soon.

Go Cowboys.

Leave football alone??? These guys are using it as a platform for political protest. They are not being patriotic in any sense of the word. Why don't they just donate their is. Pay checks to their cause hmmmmmm?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

How about they do you just make your own judgement with no knowledge.

In fact the ones protesting do a ton off the field. Including meeting with police and community leaders.

But you would have to look into the situation to know this.

It's obviously easier to judge without knowledge.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I agree. Only a matter of time before it's. ULTRA Nationalism. Mayne a few more potuses though unless the war with NK happened. That could be a chance to pump up the jam.
Ultra nationalism? People apparently don't know the difference between Patriotism and nationalism. It is only since Obama that people started behaving on this manner and it stinks to high heaven of the Antifa crowd. By the way Hillary used campaign money to finance Antifa. What about that mister?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

What about what? Can't get your teleprompter to work correctly?

A coin has two sides.

In this case they are both the same worthless face..

But yes now that you mention it Trump is continued esculation of divisive political nonsense.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Ultra nationalism? People apparently don't know the difference between Patriotism and nationalism.

Yeah. Maybe that should be explained to the Trumpeteers.

It is only since Obama that people started behaving on this manner and it stinks to high heaven of the Antifa crowd. By the way Hillary used campaign money to finance Antifa. What about that mister?

Alt right fall back talking points that have no relevance in this discussion. I don't consume

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

What about what? Can't get your teleprompter to work correctly?

A coin has two sides.

In this case they are both the same worthless face..

But yes now that you mention it Trump is continued esculation of divisive political nonsense.
I don't need a Teleprompter but maybe you do spouting all the same stuff as the controlled media and joking this Antifa type nonsense. Don't tell me about divisiveness when people are using a sports venue to promote exactly that.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Ultra nationalism? People apparently don't know the difference between Patriotism and nationalism.

Yeah. Maybe that should be explained to the Trumpeteers.

It is only since Obama that people started behaving on this manner and it stinks to high heaven of the Antifa crowd. By the way Hillary used campaign money to finance Antifa. What about that mister?

Alt right fall back talking points that have no relevance in this discussion. I don't consume

Ok Intrepid whatever you're entitled to an opinion. My very personal opinion is that the one guy who got into office in spite of the Elites and ppwers that be and has enough bluster to push back is the one getting so much hatred from Hollywood types and establishment media and establishment politicians Democrat and Republican alike and it's not because they are so caring about us. But I say let them fall on their own swords. I'd rather Trump just shut up and let them do what they will. Then free market forces will
Simply work. I mean cmon people here are calling Trump a communist over a call to
Boycott. Is that the definition of communist? I don't think so. How many leftist have called for this and that boycott ?
edit on 25-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

It feeds off of the surging belittling of this country we see from people.

Both extremes feed off of each other.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Spouting media stuff?

First off I vote libertarian. If I see an R or D I generally just check the opposite box as protest lately...

Antifa type stuff? I have literally made fun of them since they surfaced...I have made fun of the Berkley kids who can't stand to hear someone like Ben Shapiro who is really just a conservative...

Lol. It's hard to argue with someone with no identity politics huh?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's like a circle of idiocrisy

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Mostly.

But there is a wedge causing the divide.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

It feeds off of the surging belittling of this country we see from people.

Both extremes feed off of each other.

No one is belittling the United States.

That's a throwback argument to the 50s, 60s and 70s: I think you can do better.

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join