It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: UKTruth

What??? I rather think people are aware that racism exists! Good grief.

You seem to have missed some posts in this very thread.

But perhaps a lack of awareness isn't the correct terminology. Maybe denial would be better.

Like I said - I doubt you'd find many people in any random sample that would say they are not aware of racism.
To suggest that people are not aware of it and need a sports star to disrespect the anthem to jog their memory is a bit of a reach.

Like my first post indicated, it's not they're unaware of it, it's that they PRETEND it does not exist.

Who are 'they'. Who is pretending it does not exist?

US citizens, Einstein.

So US citizens pretend racism doesn't exist? All citizens? Seems a stretch to me. Or is it some? How many?

The fact is that people ARE upset by it. Citizens at that...

So people are upset? All people? Is it some? How many? Seems like a stretch to me.

Good to see this is how far the discussion has come. Some of you (for some reason) are just upset that Americans are exercising their Consitutional rights.

I don't care about foreigners beliefs on it, but if you're American - suck it up. Just like the players have the freedom to protest, you have the freedom to start your own league with your own rules. You have the freedom to boycott the NFL. You have the freedom to whine on Internet forums about it. You have the freedom to purchase a box of XL-Kleenex and the worlds largest baby bottle bop to suckle on to help you through these trying times when Americans exercise their Constituonal rights.

Funny - Nazi's marching in the street never gained as much attention as a football player taking a knee.

Kind of goes to show. Makes me wonder if people are upset over the "son of a bitch," football player because he's black.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

What about the Offense when the Defense is on the field? Vice versa?

Hmmm...maybe that's why kickers don't make the big bucks.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Gryphon66

You call that evidence? Lol.

Try again.

If he had just responded with "wrong," like yourself - would that have been sufficient?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

As a citizen, you have no right to speak for all citizens,

I didn't.

But interestingly, he seems to think he does. From across an ocean in a totally different country.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

a reply to: RomeByFire

It actually bothers me not. I don't mind the trash talk. But the liberals would melt if I responded with the same. Can't handle it both ways. Can't upset the cupcakes.

Try it....

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

They are using the flag and anthem to protest against racism.

They are drawing attention.

It works.

Does it? I guess it works in the same way that calling all Muslims terrorists works in highlighting the threat of radical extremists.

It's working fabulously, UKTruth. There's been a sharp and obvious decline in racism and racists because of the kneeling, can't you see? By my count, racism is down 47% because of the kneeling. I say by the first week of Dec that racism will be abolished because of the kneeling.

Indeed. I'm sure antagonising people by disrespecting their country will do a bang-up job of reducing racism.

Exercising Constituional rights = disrespecting their country

Spot on in this case. No one is saying these players have no right to disrespect the country, are they?
They have every right - such is the magnificence of your constitution and system. It doesn't change the fact that is what they are doing, though.

see this is a common misconception. they do not have a right to protest while working for another company if that company deems the behavior as unbecoming, distasteful, unpatriotic, etc etc. its up to them to choose. the players have every right to protest in whatever way they want within the laws outside of their job, that is true. if the nfl wants to enforce a code of conduct, which btw they allready do, then they have every right to do it and if the players dont like it they can walk. many are not allowed to ride motorcycles, parachute, scuba dive, etc etc.

They have the right, even as an employee. No employer can take away that right. What they can do is fire them... free speech does not come without consequences.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Unless you're the president.
Can't fire him. He has a 4 year contract.

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

You're late to the conversation. That poster uses those same tactics all over numerous threads. I'm simply poking fun at the hypocrisy in standards.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Nice deflection.
I would say 'some' in answer to your question - demonstrably so by the reactions. I can;t say how many. However, I am not suggesting there should be a protest against the national anthem to educate these people on not being upset.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Freyer stated on page 22 and elsewhere of his study that unarmed blacks are 20 percent less likely to be shot than unarmed whites. He claims that the sample is statistically negligible, but the numbers are there in black and white.

Again. This shows that there was no racial bias in shooting black people.

This author that you posted is commenting on why it is innapropriate to use statistical bias and instead looks at only the numbers of blacks shot based on proportion.

For some reason he favors this when it shows blacks are more affected in stop and frisk, but not when looking at shootings.

He defaults to the police reports in Houston were written by racists cops, and so we can't look at the data. He gives no proof of this, but uses it to explain away the study.

And go figure, his bio shows he makes a li ing pointing out racial nias, and he happens to see racial bias in these Houston police reports without showing any proof whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

You should check this thread out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Open racism on display - may be a part of the protests

But hey - what do I know, I've been enlightened today by someone in a foreign nation that Americans aren't racist and that we exercising our Constituional rights is a disgrace and disrespectful to our country.

Never thought I would see the day where people would say that the Constitution and exercising it is a disgrace. It's worrying, to be honest.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Unless you're the president.
Can't fire him. He has a 4 year contract.

There are consequences even for the President... basically totally free speech with no consequences doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

You're late to the conversation. That poster uses those same tactics all over numerous threads. I'm simply poking fun at the hypocrisy in standards.

Thanks for your valuable contribution when it comes to people saying that Americans exercising their Constitution are a disgrace and disrespectful

Good to know that when people want to strip away our Constituional rights what matters most is trolling

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I think the players understand the responsibility that goes with their right to express themselves. I think they accept that responsibility.

The president, not so much.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Thanks for your valuable contribution when it comes to people saying that Americans exercising their Constitution are a disgrace and disrespectful

Good to know that when people want to strip away our Constituional rights what matters most is trolling

Over and over and over again in this thread people have interpeted people saying they are disgusted by these protests as taking away first amendment or constitutional rights.

That is not the same thing.

Almost everyone I have seen in this thread and elsewhere is saying they legally have the right to protest, but they hate it or they should be fired, etc.

Stop conflating this with people taking away rights.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

You should check this thread out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Open racism on display - may be a part of the protests

But hey - what do I know, I've been enlightened today by someone in a foreign nation that Americans aren't racist and that we exercising our Constituional rights is a disgrace and disrespectful to our country.

Never thought I would see the day where people would say that the Constitution and exercising it is a disgrace. It's worrying, to be honest.

Quite the reaction.

I can't recall saying that exercising constitutional rights is a disgrace or disrespectful to the country - only that it can be in certain situations. The right to free speech would be fairly useless if it were restricted to being polite and respectful at all times. Would kind of miss the point really.

I would have hoped you would understand that Americans are not racist (without being educated on it) and would already have realised that it's only some Americans who are racist - along with some in every other country on the planet. The fact that you don't seem to understand that truly is worrying.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I think the players understand the responsibility that goes with their right to express themselves. I think they accept that responsibility.

The president, not so much.

Perhaps - or maybe the President is just willing to take the risk of being removed in order to highlight the folly of protesting the anthem to tackle racism.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

He revels in adulation from his base. That's it.
He has no ideology and he cares nothing about his job. Only the power which he thinks it gives him. He is gradually learning the limits of that power.

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I've seen posters saying that those players should be forced to stand up for anthem.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

They are using the flag and anthem to protest against racism.

They are drawing attention.

It works.

Does it? I guess it works in the same way that calling all Muslims terrorists works in highlighting the threat of radical extremists.

It's working fabulously, UKTruth. There's been a sharp and obvious decline in racism and racists because of the kneeling, can't you see? By my count, racism is down 47% because of the kneeling. I say by the first week of Dec that racism will be abolished because of the kneeling.

Indeed. I'm sure antagonising people by disrespecting their country will do a bang-up job of reducing racism.

Exercising Constituional rights = disrespecting their country

Spot on in this case. No one is saying these players have no right to disrespect the country, are they?
They have every right - such is the magnificence of your constitution and system. It doesn't change the fact that is what they are doing, though.

see this is a common misconception. they do not have a right to protest while working for another company if that company deems the behavior as unbecoming, distasteful, unpatriotic, etc etc. its up to them to choose. the players have every right to protest in whatever way they want within the laws outside of their job, that is true. if the nfl wants to enforce a code of conduct, which btw they allready do, then they have every right to do it and if the players dont like it they can walk. many are not allowed to ride motorcycles, parachute, scuba dive, etc etc.

They have the right, even as an employee. No employer can take away that right. What they can do is fire them... free speech does not come without consequences.

see u dont seem to understand, while on the job, getting paid by the minute, then no they do not have the right to start protesting. when they get off work and they are on their own time then they can protest without worry of repercussions. again though the nfl also has a code of conduct and they could terminate your employment if u break that code of conduct. its not like anything is being forced or rights are being taken away. u agree to those terms when u sign the contract, if u dont like it u could protest it, but the company has the right to keep their rules the exact same aswell and not hire you.

give this a go, next time your on the clock at work pickup a big sign and protest something and see if your boss is going to pay you for your time not working
edit on 24-9-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join