It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
I find it amusing how growing up playing football and basketball, I was called "white boy" by blacks hundreds of times. Certain stereotypes about being white, can't jump, slow, etc, was always pointed out by blacks. That type of thing still happens across sports. Same athletes who are at the lead of this fake outrage SJW movement are the same ones who use language which would melt liberal ears between the lines if they heard it.

Like Durant, part of the Warriors fake outrage movement over Trump. Had a second instagram account full of racist and sexist remarks. But sure, I bet he's really offended by Trump.

The SJW movement you're obviously a part of, as you're crying about people kneeling.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: RomeByFire

I'm thinking they all took Kellyanne's Alternative Facts to heart; now they just make stuff up as they go along.

You ever hear the song "Hey Man, Nice Shot?"

"They'd stick in your face and let you smell what they consider wrong," is how I see a vast majority of ATS members.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I find it amusing how growing up playing football and basketball, I was called "white boy" by blacks hundreds of times. Certain stereotypes about being white, can't jump, slow, etc, was always pointed out by blacks. That type of thing still happens across sports. Same athletes who are at the lead of this fake outrage SJW movement are the same ones who use language which would melt liberal ears between the lines if they heard it.

Like Durant, part of the Warriors fake outrage movement over Trump. Had a second instagram account full of racist and sexist remarks. But sure, I bet he's really offended by Trump.

You're the equal yet opposite outrage you claim to be fake outrage.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: UKTruth

They are using the flag and anthem to protest against racism.

They are drawing attention.

It works.

Does it? I guess it works in the same way that calling all Muslims terrorists works in highlighting the threat of radical extremists.

It's working fabulously, UKTruth. There's been a sharp and obvious decline in racism and racists because of the kneeling, can't you see? By my count, racism is down 47% because of the kneeling. I say by the first week of Dec that racism will be abolished because of the kneeling.

Indeed. I'm sure antagonising people by disrespecting their country will do a bang-up job of reducing racism.

Exercising Constituional rights = disrespecting their country

Spot on in this case. No one is saying these players have no right to disrespect the country, are they?
They have every right - such is the magnificence of your constitution and system. It doesn't change the fact that is what they are doing, though.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

What??? I rather think people are aware that racism exists! Good grief.

You seem to have missed some posts in this very thread.

But perhaps a lack of awareness isn't the correct terminology. Maybe denial would be better.

Like I said - I doubt you'd find many people in any random sample that would say they are not aware of racism.
To suggest that people are not aware of it and need a sports star to disrespect the anthem to jog their memory is a bit of a reach.

Like my first post indicated, it's not they're unaware of it, it's that they PRETEND it does not exist.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

It actually bothers me not. I don't mind the trash talk. But the liberals would melt if I responded with the same. Can't handle it both ways. Can't upset the cupcakes.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Awesome song.

I usually think of the theme from that movie "Donnie Darko."

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The reason

"For me, it was something that I couldn't see another 'hashtag Sandra Bland, hashtag Tamir Rice, hashtag Walter Scott, hashtag Eric Garner,' the list goes on and on and on," Kaepernick said. "At what point do we do something about it? At what point do we take a stand and as a people say this isn't right? You have a badge, yes. You're supposed to be protecting us, not murdering us, and that's what the issue really is and we need to change that."

www.espn.com...

Of course this is where it started, but people are claiming this is not the case.

Again, I have only seen one study on this, and it showed unarmed whites were more likely to be shot at least in Houston.

I am still waiting for anyone to provide a study that backs up the claims that unarmed blacks are being targeted and killed more so than other races.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I'm sure antagonising people by disrespecting their country will do a bang-up job of reducing racism.

They are not disrespecting their country. Since you are not a citizen it is not your place to say they are. I am a citizen and they do not offend me.

A young woman sitting at the front of a bus antagonized a lot of people, once upon a time.

As a citizen, you have no right to speak for all citizens, so your personal feelings on the matter are not really relevant to the broader argument. The fact is that people ARE upset by it. Citizens at that... Otherwise, there would be no discussion.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Awesome song.

I usually think of the theme from that movie "Donnie Darko."

I have not seen Darko in years. Fantastic film.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This thing with Kaepernick was small potatoes until Trump made it a big thing

I personally thought the guy shouldn’t have done what he did but the clueless president went and made him a martyr.

He may now get his job back as a quarterback somewhere

Trump is a dangerous divisive figure who creates division where it doesn't have to be

He has no foresight, no insight, no sight.

The division is already there and has been for some time. You can ignore it, or blame one person if you like, but that's folly. Calling out divisive behaviour is not being divisive. It's long past time that these idiots were told what they are - spoiled brats who cry about the nasty divisive man when their spoiled brat behaviour is called out.

So because division already exists we should allow further division?

Who are spoiled brats? The POTUS making a tweet about the NFL? Or the players who spent a whopping three minutes taking a knee?

Calling out the divisions that exist is not divisive. Ignoring it and pretending everything is all good is not going to move the ball forward (to use a football term).

Kind of like how people pretend racism doesn't exist?

Can't say i know of anyone who believes racism does not exist.

Neither do I.

But I do I read comments (regularly) about how racism no longer exists and people are "making it up," to play a victim role.

Some people are racist - it isn;t going to completely go away ever. I would be comfortable saying, though, that the vast majority are not. Protesting against America seems rather counter-productive. Probably better to protest against racists.

.... which is what they're doing, precisely. Is protesting over racism.

You should check out some of the teams official statements. It's literally protesting against racism, and some people, want to see others fired for peacefully protesting against said racism.

Protesting against protestors protesting racism seems rather counter-intuitive. Probably better to go against racists.

No, they are protesting against the American flag and the anthem - demonstrably so to millions of people watching around the world. Their actions say to the world that America is racist. It doesn't take much nous to understand that millions will take offence to their flag and anthem being tied to racism.

No, they are not - you're making that up in an attempt to discredit them.

How in the # is peacefully protesting a message to the world that America is racist? Are you serious?

Now you're just being intellectually dishonest. Not my first rodeo with you. Have a great evening.

It does because the world gets its news soundbites from the MSM.

I know.

My wife watches local news, she repeats the BS they spew and I know where it comes from.

Same with my other friends that are not American.

I refuse to discuss politics with them.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

But perhaps a lack of awareness isn't the correct terminology. Maybe denial would be better.

Like I said - I doubt you'd find many people in any random sample that would say they are not aware of racism.
To suggest that people are not aware of it and need a sports star to disrespect the anthem to jog their memory is a bit of a reach.

Like my first post indicated, it's not they're unaware of it, it's that they PRETEND it does not exist.

Who are 'they'. Who is pretending it does not exist?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

US citizens, Einstein.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

US citizens, Einstein.

So US citizens pretend racism doesn't exist? All citizens? Seems a stretch to me. Or is it some? How many?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Wrong.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Roland Fryer is wrong: There is racial bias in shootings by police - Justin Feldman, Harvard University

There should be no argument that black and Latino people in Houston are much more likely to be shot by police compared to whites. I looked at the same Houston police shooting dataset as Fryer for the years 2005-2015, which I supplemented with census data, and found that black people were over 5 times as likely to be shot relative to whites. Latinos were roughly twice as likely to be shot versus whites.

Fryer was not comparing rates of police shootings by race, however. Instead, his research asked whether these racial differences were the result of “racial bias” rather than merely “statistical discrimination”.

So, there's your request fulfilled, but also ... here's what Dr. Fryer says about the findings of his study which you seem intent on misrepresenting.

What we actually found was that there were no racial differences in the basic differences analysis. It didn’t matter whether we took context — as captured by officer reports — into account or not; there was no racial bias in either analysis.

Roland Fryer Answers Questions About his Police Force Study - New York Times

So, there you go. A study which looked at the SAME DATA Fryer did and found that Blacks were five times as likely to be shot, and the refutation of your claims about 20% more Whites being shot in Houston FROM THE AUTHOR OF THE STUDY.

You're welcome.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Rather than being purposely obtuse perhaps invest your time in reading comprehension as I stated two formats before your contextual quotes.

As for why not purposefully piss off people is that there are usually around 35000 people in the stands and no amount of event security or being tough football players would prevent them from storming the field and kicking their asses if they decided to do so as a group. Doesn't make it right to assault them, but nothing on earth prevents it from happening.

Me, I wlll not watch any NFL production regardless of teams until the crap is sorted out. And while I am one person, I am not the only one to say it. Already I have had more productive time reading ATS.

link   

As a citizen, you have no right to speak for all citizens,

I didn't.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You call that evidence? Lol.

Try again.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

They are using the flag and anthem to protest against racism.

They are drawing attention.

It works.

Does it? I guess it works in the same way that calling all Muslims terrorists works in highlighting the threat of radical extremists.

It's working fabulously, UKTruth. There's been a sharp and obvious decline in racism and racists because of the kneeling, can't you see? By my count, racism is down 47% because of the kneeling. I say by the first week of Dec that racism will be abolished because of the kneeling.

Indeed. I'm sure antagonising people by disrespecting their country will do a bang-up job of reducing racism.

Exercising Constituional rights = disrespecting their country

Spot on in this case. No one is saying these players have no right to disrespect the country, are they?
They have every right - such is the magnificence of your constitution and system. It doesn't change the fact that is what they are doing, though.

see this is a common misconception. they do not have a right to protest while working for another company if that company deems the behavior as unbecoming, distasteful, unpatriotic, etc etc. its up to them to choose. the players have every right to protest in whatever way they want within the laws outside of their job, that is true. if the nfl wants to enforce a code of conduct, which btw they allready do, then they have every right to do it and if the players dont like it they can walk. many are not allowed to ride motorcycles, parachute, scuba dive, etc etc.

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join