It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

The NFL Commissioner seems to disagree with your take on the matter.

As do many NFL team owners, players, etc.

I'm sure you're correct though.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Entire team takes a knee: Pittsburgh Steelers to stay in locker room during anthem after Trump’s attacks

Jamie Erdahl of CBS Sports confirmed that the Steelers would indeed be staying in the locker room during the playing of the national anthem on Sunday.

Between The Donald and the Republican agenda to repeal health care protections, Americans are truly uniting...Against them.

Take a Knee for America

[url=https://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/entire-team-takes-a-knee-pittsburgh-steelers-to-stay-in-locker-room-during-anthem-after-trumps-attacks/]Source[/ url]
edit on 24-9-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: Fix link

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

And don't forget that fans in the stands aren't exactly silently "honoring" the anthem when it's playing. I've been to exactly 1 NFL game & the fans were on their phones, in concession lines, talking to each other, eating/drinking, etc during the national anthem.

And I'll take a wild guess and say that most of the fans who watch games at home don't stop everything they're doing in order to silently "honor" the flag and national anthem. People even complain about the singer/guitar player/band/artist who's performing the song while it's still going on. That's just another reason why I think this is all media & commentator hyped false outrage.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Supporting a racist group is not an acceptable or moral cause, that’s the difference.

It's still legal though. That's my point.

link   
Looks like it may also hurt trump in the wallet....

www.washingtonpost.com...

link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: ColoradoJens

And don't forget that fans in the stands aren't exactly silently "honoring" the anthem when it's playing. I've been to exactly 1 NFL game & the fans were on their phones, in concession lines, talking to each other, eating/drinking, etc during the national anthem.

And I'll take a wild guess and say that most of the fans who watch games at home don't stop everything they're doing in order to silently "honor" the flag and national anthem. People even complain about the singer/guitar player/band/artist who's performing the song while it's still going on. That's just another reason why I think this is all media & commentator hyped false outrage.
That must have been one odd football game. Where were you?

I've been to at least 30 games and NEARLY everyone stops what they are doing to honor the flag.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

"Steelers will remain in locker room for national anthem in Chicago, Mike Tomlin says."

This is a good move by Tomlin...even though I'm a Baltimore Ravens fan and a anti-Trump supporter.

www.msn.com...
edit on 24-9-2017 by Erno86 because: link work

edit on 24-9-2017 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

edit on 24-9-2017 by Erno86 because: added a couple of words

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Supporting a racist group is not an acceptable or moral cause, that’s the difference.

You mean like black lives matter?

But yes this is all about outreach to the police.

That's why kaepernick was practicing in socks showing cops a pigs.

And btw, I support kaeprnicks choice to wear those and kneel.

Just saying it's not the noble outreach that many are suggesting.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Do his socks trump any literal action he has done?

His quote

"I wore these socks, in the past, because the rogue cops that are allowed to hold positions in police departments, not only put the community in danger, but also put the cops that have the right intentions in danger by creating an environment of tension and mistrust.

Do you disagree that union protect bad cops?

edit on 24-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Used to be a massive Falcons fan.

Beer lines were still long when "Oh say can you see ..." started.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Don't know about socks, but this certainly is a great divide and conquer strategy that is WORKING.
Sadly it works every time it is tried.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I was at a Titans-Jaguars game. I can only speak for the people that I saw, but I was one of the people going down the steps and then into the lines before, during, and after the anthem. lol Of course, you can also only speak for the people you personally saw, so I don't think you can confidently say that "NEARLY everyone stops what they're doing". Perhaps you meant "NEARLY everyone that I personally saw stopped what they were doing"?

Also, do you agree with or refute the 2nd part of my post where I assumed that most fans watching from home keep doing other things while the anthem is ongoing?
edit on 24-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

lmost a year ago, Colin Kaepernick pledged to donate $1 million “to organizations working in oppressed communities.” Specifically, he’s targeting those affected by the injustices he protested against while sitting and kneeling during the national anthem during the 2016 NFL season.

Starting in October, Kaepernick has donated money in $100,000 increments to various organizations – detailed on his website. According to his Instagram account, his donation total has reached $800,000.

From Kaepernick himself:

The Million Dollar Pledge is still going strong! $800k donated, $200k to go! This month I donated $100k to these organizations fighting oppression and uplifting our communities: 100 Suits for 100 Men, Lower Eastside Girls Club and J. Cole’s Dreamville Foundation. Two more months to go til I complete my Million Dollar Pledge. See where all the donations have gone on www.kaepernick7.com.... “You can kill a revolutionary, but you can never kill the revolution.” -Fred Hampton

USA TODAY

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: luthier

Don't know about socks, but this certainly is a great divide and conquer strategy that is WORKING.
Sadly it works every time it is tried.

As opposed to the President's efforts at bringing us all together?

Pfft.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Let's be honest, the Fat President has ALWAYS just been jealous of the Athletic African American male.
He couldn't get down on a knee to save himself.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Conspiracy site, they are all in on it.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Conspiracy site, they are all in on it.

Right. Fifth Dimensional Parcheesi and what-not.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Let's be honest, the Fat President has ALWAYS just been jealous of the Athletic African American male.
He couldn't get down on a knee to save himself.

Now, now ... I'm sure he could with the right motivation.

Hey, anyone know when Vlad's coming to town?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Ouch.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Bending the Knee is to subjugate your self in Westeros
Taking the Knee is to protest in NFL land

Yes he may be able to achieve the former for Vlad.
edit on 24-9-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join