It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Gryphon66

You can't see the forest for the trees.

Birds of a feather flock together.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I wonder if there may be some legal defamation involved..

If the players are not anti cop and anti military but in fact work with communities and law enforcement to make things better.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
President Trump's latest Twitter outrage...shows his lack of leadership abilities to support freedom of speech rights, as revealed in the U.S. Constitution, and shows his total lack of empathy for righteous causes that have built this nation as a symbol of freedom and justice around the world.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I wonder if there may be some legal defamation involved..

If the players are not anti cop and anti military but in fact work with communities and law enforcement to make things better.

LOL ... wouldn't it be hilarious if something like this ballooned into "high crimes and misdemeanors"?

ETA: Your point is well-taken. These players have done more in their communities than Trump could imagine.
edit on 24-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Notd

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
President Trump's latest Twitter outrage...shows his lack of leadership abilities to support freedom of speech rights, as revealed in the U.S. Constitution, and shows his total lack of empathy for righteous causes that have built this nation as a symbol of freedom and justice around the world.

And some here would classify what you just said as "anti-American."

Bravo, fellow human.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Might need to add a link to where you got this quote from.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Because you don't believe it? Maybe you should look at the players doing it and what they Co tribute off the field no?

link of just one example of many.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Because you don't believe it? Maybe you should look at the players doing it and what they Co tribute off the field no?

I believe ES was encouraging you to back it up to make the point stronger ... I could be mistaken.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

See now I am triggered.

edit on 24-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

See now I am triggered.

Dang it, now there's coffee everywhere.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Calm down, man. It's all good. You said:

Going to post this again, it must be a mistake it was removed.

So I was saying that it may have been removed because you didn't add a link to the source.

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I believe ES was encouraging you to back it up to make the point stronger ... I could be mistaken.

Exactly.
ETA2: Crap, I mean "exactly" as in "I recommended a link so it would make the argument stronger & stop the post from getting removed." Not "exactly" as in "You could be mistaken? Exactly! You're mistaken as to my intentions." LOL Sorry, my brain's a little off right now. Trying to finish some garden work before it rains but I'm sleepy. grrr...

edit on 24-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: clarified. i'm feeling a bit clumsy right now

edit on 24-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Jaguars Owner Locks Arms With Players After Trump Protests

It may occur all over today, just to show Trump what America is all about.

This owner has done a fine thing for the country

link   
Here is the VERY FIRST paragraphs in the NFL policy.

It is a privilege to be part of the National Football League. Everyone who is part of the league
must refrain from “conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in” the NFL. This
includes owners, coaches, players, other team employees, game officials, and employees of the league
office, NFL Films, NFL Network, or any other NFL business.

Conduct by anyone in the league that is illegal, violent, dangerous, or irresponsible puts innocent
victims at risk, damages the reputation of others in the game, and undercuts public respect and support for
the NFL. We must endeavor at all times to be people of high character; we must show respect for others
inside and outside our workplace; and we must strive to conduct ourselves in ways that favorably reflect on
ourselves, our teams, the communities we represent, and the NFL.

Sure players have a right to freedom of speech but realistically their actions are damaging the reputation of the NFL.

Personally I have every right to go out and support white supremacy group. Do you think my job would support me in protesting peacefully at work lol. No that is laughable to think they would. I would be shown the door for a suspension and if I continued I would be fired.

static.nfl.com...
edit on 24-9-2017 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

link   

Sorry. My bad. I was getting overly emotional thinking how crazy this is. White nationalist free speech good, community activist bad.

My fault and I sincerely apologize. Also a good reminder to step back and let it go.

It said to prevent thread drift.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Supporting a racist group is not an acceptable or moral cause, that’s the difference.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Yes; the NFl may be losing popularity anyway because most people are beginning to realize how barbaric it is and how the "fodder" is being effected later in life. But no it must be due to the current outrage.

Where is the outrage for typical NFL fan? He spends $ he doesn't have on jerseys & tickets, wastes family time on endless hours of fantasy football, reads mostly sports websites, gets hammered watching the game, screams profanities in front of his terrified children, smashes tv's when they lose, etc. Yet somehow these folks are offended by a silent protest. Hilarious.
edit on 24-9-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

No worries.

Hopefully there will be a compilation video later on with all of the players & owners kneeling at today's games. I think it will be a fitting closure to this thread. Because clearly the NFL's owners & CEOs don't seem to agree with Trump or his fans on this one (though Kaepernick's issue is still ongoing, but that's another story altogether).

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Yeah, and if he stood up on the Resolute Desk, dropped his trousers and relieved his bowels, you'd be here to congratulate him on the superior volume, color and texture.

That's an image I didn't need today.

Seeing Trump supporters standing around applauding that performance...

link   
The list of trumps donors pissed about this is growing.

Even Kraft making a statement.

Looking at a backfire?

link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

You need to understand ONE thing.

What you think is disrespectful to another is Patriotic and freedom of speech.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join