It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
a reply to: luthier

Frankly this feigned outrage is hilarious. If you've ever been to an NFL game you'd see many fans on their phones, drinking beer, talking, and waiting, with baited breath for the end of the song so the game can start.

Then you need to watch yourself as the mostly simian crowd starts acting like second graders.

Type in "NFL Fan Fights" on youtube. You'll see there are "about" 257,000 results. Literally.

I'm really not shocked by the outrage from NFL fans. 80% of them are brain dead.

But these "simians" you're denigrating are the ones paying outrageous prices for tickets, food, and parking at NFL games. When the NFL starts losing money, despite their hilareous tax exempt status, they'll start changing the product that they're putting on the field to cater to these "simians". Case in point, the Thursday night game played to a half-empty stadium in San Fran. These "brain dead simians" are starting to stay away. Just because you prefer the RuPaul Drag Race show on Logo, don't lump all NFL fans in the same boat, like your savior Hillary lumped anyone who didn't vote for her in the basket of deplorables, which cost her the election.

edit on 9jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Why does it bother you so much then?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

Frankly this feigned outrage is hilarious. If you've ever been to an NFL game you'd see many fans on their phones, drinking beer, talking, and waiting, with baited breath for the end of the song so the game can start.

Then you need to watch yourself as the mostly simian crowd starts acting like second graders.

Type in "NFL Fan Fights" on youtube. You'll see there are "about" 257,000 results. Literally.

I'm really not shocked by the outrage from NFL fans. 80% of them are brain dead.

But these "simians" you're denigrating are the ones paying outrageous prices for tickets, food, and parking at NFL games. When the NFL starts losing money, despite their hilareous tax exempt status, they'll start changing the product that they're putting on the field to cater to these "simians". Case in point, the Thursday night game played to a half-empty stadium in San Fran. These "brain dead simians" are starting to stay away. Just because you prefer the RuPaul Drag Race show on Logo, don't lump all NFL fans in the same boat, like your savior Hillary lumped anyone who didn't vote for her in the basket of deplorables, which cost her the election.

Let's see how many NFL stadiums are half full today. I predict 0.

There is only so much a 49's fan can't take.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Ill leave you to your trolling, I laid it all out from my perspective and you replied with ignoring things I said in favor of trolling and issuing passive aggressive attacks.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Some of these "reactions' might be slightly understandable if these players were, I don't know, standing there literally lifting a middle finger during the Anthem, or turning their backs to the flag, or ... anything that could REASONABLY BE INTERPRETED as actual disrespect.

However, that's not what any of them are doing. Indeed, most have stated that they "take a knee" because that is also a matter of respect, but it also shows a different perspective.

I know some of you see the trappings of our country, the iconography as terribly important. I get that. I identify with the traditional symbols and music and rituals too.

The men and women and others who have died for this country, representing all of us in foreign conflicts and wars, did so to protect us and our way of life. They didn't die for flags or songs. IF anyone here is tarnishing their memory, it's those who think you can pick and choose which Americans have rights and who doesn't.

Also, let's be clear ... many of you just don't like the fact that these "uppity" folks so obviously disagree with your own beliefs.

IMO
edit on 24-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Did you read your study yet? 27 percent of the 12 percent?

Have to love when people take things out of context. Possibly 7 percent of the fans are bothered. Of course you can also look at other reasons that have been talked about for the decline which is also in that study.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Triggered huh?

So you are upset these guys are kneeling for the flag which they have stated is no disrespect to the military.

Got it.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The number of people willing to support white supramacists free speech but trash NFL players working with police and communities is pretty telling.

Just the fact nobody has researched the intent but are willing to back a narrative shows plenty about the decline if critical thinking as well as tolerance for free speech.
edit on 24-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The number of people willing to support white supramacists free speech but trash NFL players working with police and communities is pretty telling.

Just the fact nobody has researched the intent but are willing to back a narrative shoes plenty about the decline if critical thinking as well as tolerance for free speech.

Pretty much mirrors my thoughts exactly.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

These same folks here whined and cried and prophesied that any company that supported marriage equality and LGBT rights would also suffer in the marketplace.

They are confused and believe that their own backward beliefs are shared by most Americans (or NFL fans.)

/shrug

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
People have a right to free speech and the market a right to respond.

It is nice to oppose the american way but those who defend terrorists and despise freedom they may not have much success.

These nfl players whove received too many hits to the head should not forget take illegal sanctuary haven california out... and Trump leads the popular vote by over 1 million in the rest of the states.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Donald Trump sure knows how to start a national conversation, doesn't he?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Going to post this again, it must be a mistake it was removed.

This is what trump s speaking out against.

"Malcolm Jenkins, Anquan Boldin and Torrey Smith invited Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to meet with police, grassroots organizations, policy leaders and public defenders in Philadelphia. The group, along with Rodney McLeod and Chris Long, met to get a better understanding of the complexities of the criminal justice reform work that many of the players have been conducting over the past year to strengthen the community."

www.google.com...

edit on 24-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Sure. I think trumpus being a hypocritical jerk and acting like Obama. But hey support it all you want.

Wow. Can't argue with that.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The sheer pomposity on display here is amazing.

If one doesn't agree with another's opinion, well, that person is against America and supporting terrorists.

These are the same people that are glad to deny Americans in California their right to vote because they didn't like the outcome.

/shrug

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Donald Trump sure knows how to start a national conversation, doesn't he?

Yeah, and if he stood up on the Resolute Desk, dropped his trousers and relieved his bowels, you'd be here to congratulate him on the superior volume, color and texture.

The only national conversation Trump has started is further condemnation for his divisive and hateful positions.
edit on 24-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Freedoms are horribly messy, unfair, ugly and hurt peoples feelers. But they are necessary and the first and second are listed in that order for a well thought out reason.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Fools with hurt feelings whine and cry about the hurt feelings of others.

/shrug

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

You can't see the forest for the trees.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Meanwhile, whilst our spiffing example of leadership is calling citizens Sons of Bitches and trying to cause a forced a financial loss for a large corporation....American citizens are drowning in Puerto Rico.
MAGA!

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join