It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

What will never happen? Firing or fining?

Their are other professional athletes (who lifted themselves up by bootstraps) that are required to stand. It is simply a contractual agreement, and if the money starts to dry up do to loss add revenue, you will see a change.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

edit on 9jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

If you say so...

Maybe the president can way in and defame and alter commerce with his opinions.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Your right in a sense, it goes along with Americans acceptance of restrictions on the 1st. Fun how the hypocrisy works here.
edit on 24-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: ColoradoJens

I find it hilarious when trump supporters use polls for arguments. Particularly without reading the details.

It sucks when you ask for proof of something and it goes against your agenda. So it's easier to bash the poll and accuse someone of being a Trump supporter when the aren't.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Did you read the poll?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The NFL is a business, they will "evolve" to present conditions to continue to be profitable. It is literally that simple.

Regardless of Trump using the bully pulpit to poke the NFL, this issue is going to come to a head. And the NFL is going to take the most profitable road.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

So in this case you support restriction of free speech?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

There is no free speech if your employer (NFL) says.

I don't necessarily agree 100% with it, but it is a logical argument that when you work for someone, they own you while you are at work.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Frankly this feigned outrage is hilarious. If you've ever been to an NFL game you'd see many fans on their phones, drinking beer, talking, and waiting, with baited breath for the end of the song so the game can start.

Then you need to watch yourself as the mostly simian crowd starts acting like second graders.

Type in "NFL Fan Fights" on youtube. You'll see there are "about" 257,000 results. Literally.

I'm really not shocked by the outrage from NFL fans. 80% of them are brain dead.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Hey how about the owners and nfl's free speech.

Since they have weighed in and all..

Think bro

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Well Braw,

The NFL owners are more than likely in it for $$$. If they don't "conform" to market conditions, they can stand with free speech and loose $$$.
If they want to remain solvent, they will tell the players to stand.

That is if add revenue dries up, and that remains to be seen. See the free market does not care about any amendments to our constitution.
edit on 24-9-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

So they have already said they support the players.

The head of the NFL supports the players.

Why is trump trying to supress their free speech with altering commerce with his opinion?
edit on 24-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Because he believes it is either politically expedient or he really believes his statements are right. Or both.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
What is sadly amusing to me is the people screaming at trump for giving his opinion, and loudly proclaim the players right to free speech, while telling the president he should not say anything on the subject.

For those a little to thick, the players have the right to protest, the president has the right to voice his opinion, the fans have the right to not tune in or buy tickets in response to it.

----

Full disclosure it is something I am sensitive about, I had some friends come back from the desert in flag draped coffins and seeing these clowns kneel without actually articulating what they are protesting about irritates me quite a bit.

You have a cause then speak it, if not liking the president is your reason, pretty petty and says a lot more about the "protester" than the president. But give folks a reason for it just dont cop out solidarity, trump said mean things... if its police violence say so, the poor conditions of inner cities, lousy schools in inner cities whatever.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Is that his job and ethical to try and alter commerce with oponion?

And defamation.

The players he is calling out also work with the police not against them.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Your friends died to protect their speech. Those with honor know this.

It's absolutely amazing how many people want to limit free speech because it's hard to hear.

Maybe the far right is the same as antifa?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

There are many examples of POTUS giving opinions that are both positive and negative to a business or groups of businesses.
As POTUS they still have free speech, but it is not like our free speech. They have the bull pulpit and should yield that power carefully.
I think Trump is doing what he thinks is correct, and he will say what he wants. That is Trump.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Sure. I think trumpus being a hypocritical jerk and acting like Obama. But hey support it all you want.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Um yea I said so,

the players have the right to protest, the president has the right to voice his opinion, the fans have the right to not tune in or buy tickets in response to it.

there quoted it for you to read over again.

So take your passive aggressive

Those with honor know this

and cram it.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join