It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Grambler

So it has nothing to do with police, or black people?
Yes, it does. I said it's not about the experience of a black person, but the collective experience of many black people. There experience with police, and elsewhere.

The Orange Man is lonely.

Sorry I'm drunk.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

It's cool.
The world was going to end. You had a good plan.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This certainly didn't start out as being about Trump, but it's become about Trump. Once again he's jacking off his base just so he can feel good about himself. This guy is the biggest sell-out in the history of sell-outs. He's convinced himself that the only reason he's in office is to do what he promised on the campaign trail and appease his base - that's the only motivation he has for any decision he makes. "What is going to make these people like me louder than they already do?". This is goddamn pathetic to the nth degree and I for one cannot wait for the end.

link   

Kneeling to the flag is disrespectful ...but kneeling to an imaginary being is righteous.

There is no reasoning with this absurdity.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

When someone kills another person that is horrible, no matter the race.

When people are statistically targeted, arrested, incarcerated and killed when unarmed by the POLICE who are supposed to be the protectors of the public.

It’s not the same thing and you damned well know it.

Yes as the Harvard study shows, unarmed whites are more likely to be killed by the police.

The fact that in certain black neighborhoods for many complicated reasons there are insane amounts of violent crime, means that intense situations with the police are more likely, and shootings can be too.

The Harvard study looked at these factors, and showed that of you are pulled over by the police and unarmed, you are 20 percent more likely to be shot as a white person.

We should look into that, and we should also look into why blacks are more likely to be handcuffed,slammed on a wall, etc.

But it is not as one dimensional as these protesters would have you believe.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Kneeling to the flag is disrespectful ...but kneeling to an imaginary being is righteous.

There is no reasoning with this absurdity.

Don't get me started with the Jehovah Witnesses. I don't see any fake outrages about that.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Kneeling is bad and unpatriotic for some people. The same people who support free speech are the same ones who are against that.

Perhaps some.

I have not seen anyone saying these people kneeling should legally not be allowed to do so.

It's ok to defend free speech and not agree with what is being said.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Pretty much, I stand for free speech and taking a knee. Non conformist. Ahhh well.

Generalizations are overrated, I find.

Peace

link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh that’s right!

Nibiru or Planet X or Wormwood was supposed to wipe us all out today right?

Well it’s got 30 minutes to get here and I ain’t kneeling to it by jimminy.
edit on 23-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Nigeria to Niburu

link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
He also stated that NFL ratings were way down because people would rather watch him. That line gave me a good belly laugh.

I agree with what he said overall. Especially with well paid pro athletes. Show your country and flag some respect or get out.

That is not the time or place for protest imho.
Protesting the Country that gives them the right to protest the Country...Now how dumb is that??? If these butthurt snowflakes don't like it here, they won't like it anywhere...I'll gladly help them pack tho...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

We should look into that, and we should also look into why blacks are more likely to be handcuffed,slammed on a wall, etc.

That's the point. That's what the players are talking about.
Yes, the killings are at the top of the stack. Yes, they attract a lot of attention. Of course they do. I don't think that cops are just killing blacks for the sake of it but I do think (know) that there is something foul going on. Bringing it to the attention of the public should not be condemned. And certainly not by the president.

I have not seen anyone saying these people kneeling should legally not be allowed to do so.
Right, only that they should be fired for it.

edit on 9/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

So it has nothing to do with police, or black people?
Yes, it does. I said it's not about the experience of a black person, but the collective experience of many black people. Their experience with police, and other situations.

Maybe you should find some to talk to and have that conversation you mentioned earlier.

I am having a conversation.

Feel free to stop if you like.

Again, the majority of the protests are about police shootings.

All I am asking is for evidence and an honest conversation.

There point seems to be the police are racist. I would like to see proof of their claims.

It least in the realm of unarmed shootings, whites are more likely to be shot.

But for some reason, you allow for stipulations like maybe those whites would be,more violent.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Lmao
2nd
Thanks

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
He also stated that NFL ratings were way down because people would rather watch him. That line gave me a good belly laugh.

I agree with what he said overall. Especially with well paid pro athletes. Show your country and flag some respect or get out.

That is not the time or place for protest imho.
Protesting the Country that gives them the right to protest the Country...Now how dumb is that??? If these butthurt snowflakes don't like it here, they won't like it anywhere...I'll gladly help them pack tho...

Yeah them gol dern hippies, huh?

edit on 23-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: noted

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Kneeling is bad and unpatriotic for some people. The same people who support free speech are the same ones who are against that.

Perhaps some.

Well at least you agree that some people think it is unpatriotic. Exercising their free speech right is unpatriotic according to some "rightists".

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

That's the point. That's what the players are talking about.
Yes, the killings are at the top of the stack. Yes, they attract a lot of attention. Of course they do. I don't think that cops are just killing blacks for the sake of it but I do think (know) that there is something foul going on. Bringing it to the attention of the public should not be condemned. And certainly not by the president.

Right, only that they should be fired for it.

Peoplebsuggest people should be fired for all sorts of reasons.

ESPN has fired people for political opinions very recently, and they are one of the loudest voices on this.

Again, you agree shootings are on the top of the stack, so why ignore the study showing unarmed whites are more likely to be shot?

Having an honest conversation means not assuming cops or black people are evil or racist.

I do think it's a problem that blacks are treated differently by police In some areas. But the police claim that black people commit more violent crimes in some areas.

Both sides may be right.

But again, just shouting racism does not help.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I am having a conversation.

I meant with people of color.
I thought you had mentioned that earlier. Maybe not.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Perhaps some.

Well at least you agree that some people think it is unpatriotic. Exercising their free speech right is unpatriotic according to some "rightists".

Well of course it can be.

If I use my free speech to condemn the U.S., I am not being patriotic.

That doesn't mean it should be illegal, but just using free speech doesn't make you patriotic.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

Being there are 90+ million unemployed, I'd say yes.

So the 125+ million with jobs should just shut up.

Ok.

Please show me where I said they should shut up.

Ok.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Not all of us.

This attitude from some of free speech for some, but not for all, is, in a word, ludicrous. There really is no other word for it.

This is, in the spirit of a little bit of disclosure, a recent--in the last ten years, or so--development for me. I wasn't always an advocate of free speech, or certain speech. I had, and will always have, a serious hair up my **ahem** about bigots of any sort--ratzis, in particular--and I was a not so silent advocate of shutting them down, as violently as necessary...sound familiar?

Needless to say, I got short shrift from all sides here...it wasn't exactly a pleasant experience. Went away, thought about it some, thought about it some more, and came 'round to what is a better, to my mind, way of thinking.

Either all speech is free, or none really is.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join