It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Grambler

No of course not.
It proves that it's all better now. Everything is fine. Racism is not a problem. And all it took was 50 years to do away with hundreds. You convinced me.

At least they stopped lynching.

There is an 8 year old bi-racial boy whose recent experience would suggest otherwise.

Source

*kneels down to wait*

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

He says that the majority of police shootings aren't like the videos we see, they are actually vient robberies and such, and race bias is NOT a factor in them.
So, it's ok if some of the shootings have a racial basis?

The point is that people are being stopped, and arrested, because they are black. How many people are stopped, and arrested, because they are white?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Sighs. We have a long way to go.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I've no interest in bickering with you.

You stated here that you'd like to be shown that more unarmed Black men are killed by police. I reminded you that I had shown you that, and your retort was that I had shown you that proportional to population sizes ... which wasn't the game you wanted to play.

Yet, when pushed, you retreat right back to your statistic (which you continually misrepresent, by the way) that PROPORTIONAL TO POPULATION Blacks commit more crimes.

So, proportion is good for your argument, not for mine.

And by the way, the real problem with your argument is that you don't know jack crap about how many crimes are committed, you know about arrests.

And you know that Blacks are targeted heavily for arrest.

Now, believe what you want, and have a great evening.

That is not what I asked to be shown. I asked to be shown that an unarmed black man is more likely to be shot by police.

Again you ignore that blacks also make up about 50 percent of homicide victims. And you know that most of the time, a homicide is committed by so.wine with the same race as the victim.

Most of these homicides against blacks occur in gang neighborhoods that are overwhelmingly black.

Are you suggested that whites or Hispanics are killing tons of blacks in these neighborhoods, and the police are framing black people for these crimes?

This is the insanity I am talking about. You just throw out all of these numbers and claim they are racist.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Was this young boy in a rap video?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

So, because it is not "institutional", it means that is not a problem. It means that people are not harmed by it? It means that people with authority do not abuse that authority based on racism?

Of course not.

Blacks, whites hispanics, etc in authority can be ra ist.

Show me evidence of it and i will condemn it.

But just assuming that because a person has a particular skin color, they must have been the victim of racism, and anyone who questions that is somehow bad is not the way to go.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Quote me saying what you claim in your last sentence.
edit on 23-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

He says that the majority of police shootings aren't like the videos we see, they are actually vient robberies and such, and race bias is NOT a factor in them.
So, it's ok if some of the shootings have a racial basis?

The point is that people are being stopped, and arrested, because they are black. How many people are stopped, and arrested, because they are white?

I don't know, but they are 20 percent more likely to be shot because they are white.

And you are ok with this?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Quote me saying the latter.

That's why I said are you suggestin.

It was a question.

But go on, explain to me who is killing the 50 percent of blacks that are homicide victims.

Or are these numbers also wrong because of racsism?

And my last sentence, you repeatedly say that the fbi crime numbers are not an accurate measurement because police target blacks for arrest.

edit on 23-9-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

That was a disgusting incident.

Like those black people that tortured a mentally challenged white kid.

But what does this prove, that there are racist eveil people of all colors?

link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Willtell

I feel like I'm in a bizarro world. We literally just had an entire wing of posters here defending neo-Nazis on "free speech" grounds. Even many members who didn't agree with them still would give that "I may not agree with what they say but I'll fight to defend their right to say it" spiel. So they'll defend the free speech rights of neo-Nazis but not of football players? Huh?

And to top it off, we just got hit hard by hurricanes. An entire branch of my family is in central Florida & they're in the rebuilding phase. But instead of focusing on the rebuilding efforts, the looming crisis w/North Korea, and the healthcare bill in Congress right now, the president is tweeting against NBA players like Steph Curry and giving speeches (and more tweets) against football players. Like really????

The Quran says

" The blind and the seeing are not alike"

link   

You didn’t say suggesting you said that I claim that.

So, show me where I claimed what you say I claimed.

link   

But just assuming that because a person has a particular skin color, they must have been the victim of racism, and anyone who questions that is somehow bad is not the way to go.

That's not really the point of the protests. Is it?
It's not about a person. It's about people being treated differently because of their race. It's about bringing awareness of the problem.

Oh wait, it's not a problem. I forgot.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I don't know, but they are 20 percent more likely to be shot because they are white.

I don't think that statistic tells us much about the circumstances. Perhaps the whites were more violent. Hard to say.

edit on 9/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Drinking on a Saturday are ya, now?

I can assist, even while kneeling.
Source

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

When someone kills another person that is horrible, no matter the race.

When people are statistically targeted, arrested, incarcerated and killed when unarmed by the POLICE who are supposed to be the protectors of the public ... it’s not the same thing and you damned well know it.
edit on 23-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: format

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

That's not really the point of the protests. Is it?
It's not about a person. It's about people being treated differently because of their race. It's about bringing awareness of the problem.

Oh wait, it's not a problem. I forgot.

So it has nothing to do with police, or black people?

Just a general comment about people being treated differently because their color.

Sure...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I don't think that statistic tells us much about the circumstances. Perhaps the whites were more violent. Hard to say.

Well perhaps the blacks that were targeted were being more aggressive.

Funny, when it's white people more likely to be killed that number doesn't matter.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Kneeling is bad and unpatriotic for some people. The same people who support free speech are the same ones who are against that.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

So it has nothing to do with police, or black people?
Yes, it does. I said it's not about the experience of a black person, but the collective experience of many black people. Their experience with police, and other situations.

Maybe you should find some to talk to and have that conversation you mentioned earlier.

edit on 9/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join