It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Apparently the skin color of those commenting matters to you.
Nope. I did point out that white players are supporting them. But was Whitlock's point that racism is not a problem in this country?

Funny how some people say that it shouldn't be about race, and others feel that everyone of a certain race are and have always been treated differntly.
Funny how some deny reality.
edit on 9/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

The Republicans are destroying America with their identity politics.
Oh sorry.
I'll be a spectator in this great debate.

There is an increase in identity politics on the right.

This is a response to years of this on the left.

Women are victims, blacks are victims, disabled are victims, muslims are victims, immigrants are victims, etc.

And so the people that have been called oppressors over and over and over again are now forming identity groups themselsevs, which I also oppose.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

You do agree that this is pretty recent?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hey, I got an idea. Lets all tomorrow bow down to one knew in our living rooms during the playing of the Anthem!

Take a selfie of yourself and post it on something.

/f

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Apparently the skin color of those commenting matters to you.
Nope. I did point out that white players are supporting them. But was Whitlock's point that racism is not a problem in this country?

Funny how some people say that it shouldn't be about race, and others feel that everyone of a certain race are and have always been treated differntly.
Funny how some deny reality.

No whitlock point was that LeBron is a joke for claiming to be such a victim because as an extremely wealthy man he should understand that he has it better than almost everybody.

He was also pointing out that mentioning emmit till was ridiculous.

Again, you assume reality is that this country has a horrible problem with racism.

I disagree.

I am still waiting for the study that shows that unarmed black men are more likely to be shot than unarmed whites.

The study I read showed otherwise.

But yes, I get that the narrative is that this country is horribly ra isy, and to ask for evidence of question that is frowned upon.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I wish they would play this tomorrow, instead of The SSB. With the original verse about the wall included.

Was a high wall there that tried to stop me. A sign was painted said: Private Property, But on the back side it didn't say nothing.

One bright sunny morning in the shadow of the steeple, by the Relief Office I saw my people — As they stood hungry, I stood there wondering if, this land was made for you and me.

Sometimes you have to take a knee, to stand up for what is right.

Peace

link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Hey, I got an idea. Lets all tomorrow bow down to one knew in our living rooms during the playing of the Anthem!

Take a selfie of yourself and post it on something.

/f

That is if the Foxcons are able to do so after they lift themselves with their lift recliners.

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

You do agree that this is pretty recent?

It's been in academia since the early 90s, but has recently maybe 10 or 15 years became main stream.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: amazing

I have been told on ATS by a great number of members that while at work you have no freedom of speech.

In those businesses are you forced to pledge to flag & country by your employer? In front of/televised world wide to millions of people?

Demanding this at a sports event forces it into the Political arena by the employer, not the player rejecting it.

Not only that, many professional athletes are from other countries.

Tradition or not -- pledging to flag/country should be eliminated at sports venues.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Blah blah blah. If the biggest complaint people have right now is that some football players aren't standing for the national anthem, then I'd say that 1) your lives must be amazing & 2) you're the biggest snowflakes in modern history. And the frauds here who stood up for Nazis because of "free speech" yet are denouncing the players for kneeling have shown their true colors anyway. So I really don't care about what you think people will or won't put up with anymore.

Besides, TV networks don't even have to show any of the players during the anthem. So it's really on them & the clickbait commentators for even making this an issue. If they simply stopped filming the players during the anthem, who'd even know or care what they did?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
And no.

NFL PLAYERS HAVE NO RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH WHILE ON THE JOB.

Their employer reserves the right to limit their free speech and there are many rules regarding this.

For example, the NFL bans writing messages with eye blackener. Tebow wrote bible verse numbers using eye blackener while in college, triggering the NCAA to create the "Tebow rule" outlawing any messages. Where were the phony free-speech-advocating leftists then?

Speaking of Tebow, didn't he kneel in prayer? Didn't the leftist media have a field day mocking him and criticizing him for it. Didn't some leftists demand for the NFL to outlaw "Teebowing"?

edit on 23-9-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

!!! I haven't heard that song since I was a kid. I still remember the words too lol.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I am still waiting for the study that shows that unarmed black men are more likely to be shot than unarmed whites.

I demonstrated that the other day in our conversation, directly from the data from 2015, 2016 and 2017 to date.

So, no, you're not waiting. You've chosen what you want to believe.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You can say blah blah blah all you want.

I am telling you I think most people are tired of these protest.

They are tired of hearing about how terrible and racist this country is with no proof.

So I think this will harm the left politically.

I could be wrong, but we will see.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

But yes, I get that the narrative is that this country is horribly ra isy, and to ask for evidence of question that is frowned upon.

I guess you're right. The civil rights movement of the sixties was all about nothing, it was a long, long time ago, and everything is all better now.

edit on 9/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I guess you're right. The civil rights movement of the sixties was all about nothing, it was a long, long time ago, and everything is all better now.

MAGA!

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Grambler

I demonstrated that the other day in our conversation, directly from the data from 2015, 2016 and 2017 to date.

So, no, you're not waiting. You've chosen what you want to believe.

No you didn't.

You showed that more unarmed black men by proportion have been shot than whites.

The Harvard study takes that into account.

It ignores all background factors such as blacks living in high crime areas, and many other factors.

But again, if you just want to look at raw numbers, then I am sure you also agree that blacks committ 5 times more homicides than they should proportionally.

But as we discussed, you will look into the factors behind those numbers, yet refuse to do so with police shootings.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I know this is going to come as a shock to you but ...

YOU DON'T MAKE THE RULES FOR THE PLAYERS of THE NFL.

We'll see what the Clubs do in light of the players choosing to kneel. We'll even see what the fans do.

You're so bitterly bound in the left-right narrative, you really, really can't see anything else.

That makes me sad, believe it or not.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

... and now you want to play semantics.

Numbers don't lie.

No, as a matter of fact, you can't prove that Blacks commit more crimes. You can prove that more of them get arrested, and that more of them are incarcerated ... and we know why that is true too: because they are targeted by those who believe for whatever reason that they're "more violent, more criminal, more prone to break the law."

As soon as you explain why a human being with more melanin in their skin is any of these things ... you let me know.

As I said. You found what you want to believe. But don't pretend that you haven't been shown differently.
edit on 23-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
...And you patriotic fanatics can at home get up and start singing real loud

God Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home.

Sing it real real loud at the top of your lungs