It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Liquesence

Many jurisdictions have contempt of an officer laws, so yes, yes it can get you arrested.

Officers' discretion? Or is mouthing off to an officer automatically contempt, regardless of circumstance?

Pretty sure you have the constitutional right to not speak respectfully to an officer, including the right to use rather unsavory language.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The fact remains that every American should be up in arms about police killing individuals rather than use tazers or any other method to bring in suspects alive.

The cases where US police have faced killing charges

"Everybody knows policing is violent, and [jurors] don't want to second guess those decisions," says Philip Stinson, a researcher at Bowling Green State University in Ohio and former police officer. Juries - both grand juries and trial juries - tend to "give every possible benefit of the doubt" when it comes to police officers who have killed while on-duty, Dr Stinson says.

They are killing Americans (all races) without any repercussions, yet you take offence to NFL players kneeling in protest to this fact. Why?

I see your outrage on the right when the victim is white such as Robert 'LaVoy' Finicum (armed) or Justine Damond (armed) and each victim is given the benefit of the doubt before all information is out. You people do not search the internet in depth regarding their background to demonize them. Unarmed blacks being shot is a totally different story, no benefit of the doubt and the right begins the process of demonizing the victim.

Now all police are not bad, in fact the majority are most likely good cops but it is the bad ones that people have issues with. Why not kneel with these people and make law enforcement deal with these bad police officers, instead of giving your blind faith in cops.
edit on 23-9-2017 by Onslaught9966 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Many jurisdictions have contempt of an officer laws, so yes, yes it can get you arrested.

Officers' discretion? Or is mouthing off to an officer automatically contempt, regardless of circumstance?

Pretty sure you have the constitutional right to not speak respectfully to an officer, including the right to use rather unsavory language.

It's common sense, dude. If you were about to go under the knife for a vasectomy, would you look at the doctor and say "Don't mess me up, you pig mofo?" You wouldn't cuss out a judge in a courtroom. You wouldn't tell your college physics professor "Hey Egghead nerd dumbass" on the first day of class. So why in the blue hell would a person lip off to a cop who is simply doing his job?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You mean who is being arrested at a higher rate, right?

So we're going to play the "I didn't do anything" game now? If you're getting arrested, you are either believed to have broken the law, are in a place where it is reasonable to assume you are associated with a crime, or have shot your mouth off to a cop... none of these are "police problems" but each is something the fool getting arrested holds control over.

Have you ever heard of dirty cops making false arrests, planting evidence, there are plenty of examples of it and now imagine those dirty cops never being caught and still doing it. How many arrests are legit and how many are dirty cops are real.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

"Don't mess me up, you pig mofo?"

Right, and that's how blacks always talk to cops. Right?
Or is it just most of them?

edit on 9/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

It's common sense, dude. If you were about to go under the knife for a vasectomy, would you look at the doctor and say "Don't mess me up, you pig mofo?" You wouldn't cuss out a judge in a courtroom. You wouldn't tell your college physics professor "Hey Egghead nerd dumbass" on the first day of class. So why in the blue hell would a person lip off to a cop who is simply doing his job?

Probably because it is their 1st amendment right. Mouthing off or disrespect is not a crime nor should you be killed for it.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Most of the players so-called "taking a knee" are either the irrelevant or the under performers. Remember how it started and who ?
Kaepernick ? Took his team from first to worst. I like to give a player the benefit of the doubt. Aww...it was the offensive line , string of bad luck , etc. In this case , no . It was a ploy to try to get a team to pick him up..

edit on 9/23/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Personally, I wouldn't. I have found that being direct, honest, and firm solves things properly.

However, the fact remains one still has the right to use disrespectful language, and the language in itself should not (legally) warrant arrest.

I hope you can agree with that.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Kaspersky

That's the Russian software company that the US government says they shouldn't use anymore. Isn't it?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

"Don't mess me up, you pig mofo?"

Right, and that's how blacks always talk to cops. Right?
Or is it just most of them?

No, that's how I talk, Phage. Seriously...

link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Grambler

What studies? Less than other races?

A link?

I happen to feel that these players are inaccurate in their criticism, and in fact unarmed black people are less likely to be shot by police as studies have shown.

Sorry I am on mobile and don't know how to link.

Google Harvard study unarmed black l, or something like that.

The study is there.

I also had a good discussion on these stats on the thread about leftists burning st Louis at the end of that thread.

link   

To cops?
Good, you're exercise your right to free speech.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

To cops?
Good, you're exercise your right to free speech.

No, I'm smart enough to show police proper respect, unlike some folks. I'm also smart enough to know if I get tapped in the dome by one of them after I've been the one acting a fool, nobody's going to make it into a massive issue. Personal responsibility for your own actions is funny like that.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think we can look to their music to reliably inform us as to their attitude concerning the law and police, and women, for that matter.

We are dealing with a cultural issue, hatred, hatred of following the rules, hatred of the people that enforce them, hatred of women.

The opposite being glorification of drugs, crime, rape, and other forms of victimization in the pursuit of hedonism and power.

They mirror what they hate. No little irony there.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Seems the study was specific to Houston.
www.washingtonpost.com... .7f070ec7371f

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Me. Too. I think most people behave cautiously and respectfully with the police.

I would posit that minorities have more reason to do so, actually. Considering what statistics say.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

You mean who is being arrested at a higher rate, right?

I don't believe that the fbi numbers are faked substantially on this.

Blacks are consistently shown to commit around 50 percent of homicides every year despite being about 12 percent of the population.

If you don't believe the crime numbers, then just look at the victim numbers.

Blacks also make up around 50 percent of homicide victims a year.

Now almost every study has shown that races then to overwhelmingly commit crimes against their own race.

So I believe it is more than fare to believe that seeing as how blacks make up about 50 percent of homicide victims, the fbi numbers showing they are around 50 percent of homicide perps seems reasonably accurate.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Seems the study was specific to Houston.
www.washingtonpost.com... .7f070ec7371f

I can't see that page.

I thought the study used multiple regions but I could be wrong.

It used over 3000 man hours of porting through thousands of police shootings and to the researchers surprise showed unarmed whites were more likely to be shot.

I would be open to seeing studies that disproved this though if you link them.

Regardless, I would contend that most of the players kneeling are unaware of this study and have never actually looked at any study that countered this.

It is more based off of perceptions and feelings, and it seems to me that these are not backed up by the facts.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
..still finding it hard to believe that somebody who calls himself the leader of a civilized world would suggest people be fired from their jobs for their expression of the 1st.

Hard to believe, isn't it? He has said where else in the world could they make that kind of money? Everything comes down to money with him. Shallow. Small-minded. Such superficialities. At his age, if he hasn't "gotten it" by now, he never will. It is a huge character flaw.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Which doesn't excuse the point that he can't afford a team. The cheapest is 1.5 billion. He could liquefy at least half of his assets to buy a team. The Cowboys and Patriots are out of reach and any others in the Top 10 would leave him with a football team and some pocket change.

ETA: Whoops, forgot the link:

www.forbes.com...

edit on 23-9-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join