It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This is not all about race, as far as I’m concerned

Indeed, that’s why more white players need to get to one knee

That white lady in Minnesota comes to mind, killed by a black cop

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Sorry stupid auto correct.

Sure. That's your story.
Stick with it.

edit on 9/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

This is not all about race, as far as I’m concerned

Indeed, that’s why more white players need to get to one knee

That white lady in Minnesota comes to mind, killed by a black cop

But people like kaepernick made it about race.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Sorry stupid auto correct.

Sure. That's your story.
Stick with it.

Well admittedly I do encourage people to get married.

Perhaps subconciously I was imply single gentlemen are more likely to be shot, which I bet is true.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6
Huh. There are a few more white people than black people too.

Coincidence?

Who's committing crimes at a higher rate?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

You mean who is being arrested at a higher rate, right?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

What studies? Less than other races?

A link?

I happen to feel that these players are inaccurate in their criticism, and in fact unarmed black people are less likely to be shot by police as studies have shown.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

You mean who is being arrested at a higher rate, right?

So we're going to play the "I didn't do anything" game now? If you're getting arrested, you are either believed to have broken the law, are in a place where it is reasonable to assume you are associated with a crime, or have shot your mouth off to a cop... none of these are "police problems" but each is something the fool getting arrested holds control over.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

or have shot your mouth off to a cop...

Does that, in itself, constitute arrest?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

We can't boycott freedom of speech, we can disagree with it but it is what it is. I certainly don't agree with what these guys are doing, but as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others, they have a right to do it.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

So we're going to play the "I didn't do anything" game now?
Where did that come from? That isn't what I said.

f you're getting arrested, you are either believed to have broken the law, are in a place where it is reasonable to assume you are associated with a crime,
So, if you're black in a white neighborhood, it's reasonable to assume that you are associated with a crime. How about if you're white in a black neighborhood? Does the same thing apply? Who's more likely to be arrested, would you say?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Here is the difference in how the right sees police shooting.

When a police shooting victim is a white woman

There’s a typical story that plays out in the aftermath of police shootings. One side, critical of police, comes out pointing to the excesses of police brutality, particularly in cases in which officers killed black men and boys. The other side, supportive of police, comes out pointing to the nuances of the cases and perhaps the ways that the victims are to blame for their deaths — he had a criminal record, he didn’t listen to the police, and so on.

This didn’t really happen after Justine Damond, a white woman, was shot and killed by a black police officer, Mohamed Noor. While many people — including some Black Lives Matter activists — criticized the shooting, very few defended Noor in the same way they have stood up for police officers in previous incidents. Not many articles focused on nitpicking the lack of information we have to try to weaken the case against the police. There’s been little to no victim blaming.

The headlines by some conservative outlets and pundits have also emphasized the officer’s race, ethnicity, and religion. Here is one Fox News headline, which focused on Noor’s national origin: “Somali immigrant cop Mohamed Noor, who shot Justine Damond, was 'highly celebrated' by Minneapolis mayor in 2015.” And here are some from far-right activist Pamela Geller, which emphasized Noor’s national origin and religion: “First Somali-Muslim police officer in Minnesota KILLS blonde yoga instructor in cold blood” and “Muslim killer-cop’s story falls apart: Justine Damond’s neighbors heard no loud noises — multiple people interviewed.”

I have seen the following play out on ATS.

One 2014 study, for example, found that people view black boys as older and less innocent starting at the age of 10. “Children in most societies are considered to be in a distinct group with characteristics such as innocence and the need for protection,” Phillip Goff, an author of the 2014 study, said in a statement. “Our research found that black boys can be seen as responsible for their actions at an age when white boys still benefit from the assumption that children are essentially innocent.”

we saw this in reaction to police shootings. People were a lot more likely to question the circumstances around even 12-year-old Tamir Rice’s death — and the conservative media was quick to characterize black victims as criminals.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Many jurisdictions have contempt of an officer laws, so yes, yes it can get you arrested.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It's not collusion. Kapernick just sucks. He played one great season. He signed a huge contract and he didn't live up to that contract and was cut. It's that simple.
If he was good enough and someone needed his services they would offer him a job. Supply and demand. And right now, there is no "demand" for Colin Kapernick at QB as a starter or back up.

www.nfl.com...

a reply to: intrepid

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: intrepid
Shad up Donnie. You want the players to stand? Buy a team and force them to stand. Bad news though. You can't afford one. Go ahead. Piss off the 32 billionaire owners. Each worth more than you are.

Only Paul Allen of the Hawks and Stan Koenke of the Rams are worth more than Trump's estimated high end range of $4.5 Billion. Only half of the controkling interest owners in the league are even billionares.

I checked before I posted. It's 3.5 bil. Jerry Jones is over 4. Robert Kraft is at 4 bil. Do I have to go through them all?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

So we're going to play the "I didn't do anything" game now?
Where did that come from? That isn't what I said.

f you're getting arrested, you are either believed to have broken the law, are in a place where it is reasonable to assume you are associated with a crime,
So, if you're black in a white neighborhood, it's reasonable to assume that you are associated with a crime. How about if you're white in a black neighborhood? Does the same thing apply? Who's more likely to be arrested, would you say?

Who's statistically more likely to be in said neighborhood to commit a crime? I'm not saying there may not be extenuating circumstances, deeper reasons for crimes to be committed, but let's be honest here, in the scenarios you just listed, who is more likely to have a reason to be arrested?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think what ultimately worries me about all of this is the theme of coerced patriotism. Yes, Trump is allowed to share his opinion. Yes, employers can fire people.

But it's the details here. This is a message from the president that basically says "submit or else".

If you have to threaten or shame people into being patriotic, don't you think it sends the message that our nation doesn't merit its own allegiance or even deserve it?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Phage

Far more white people are shot by police each year.

Makes sense as there are 3 and a half times as many white people as black.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

in the scenarios you just listed, who is more likely to have a reason to be arrested?

Statistics show that a black man is more likely to be arrested. As for reason...that would depend upon the officers involved.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Shad up Donnie. You want the players to stand? Buy a team and force them to stand. Bad news though. You can't afford one. Go ahead. Piss off the 32 billionaire owners. Each worth more than you are.

Only Paul Allen of the Hawks and Stan Koenke of the Rams are worth more than Trump's estimated high end range of $4.5 Billion. Only half of the controkling interest owners in the league are even billionares.

I checked before I posted. It's 3.5 bil. Jerry Jones is over 4. Robert Kraft is at 4 bil. Do I have to go through them all?

Well, in your original posting, you said "every NFL owner" had a higher net worth than Trump. Using the $3.5 Bil figure for the President, and this www.cheatsheet.com..., it looks to be that only 9 of them are, and 2 of those 9 (Ravens and Browns) are within the background noise and could be said to be tied with Trump.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join