It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I told a friend of mine last year that Trump was going to target NFL. He really can get petty. He was the one who sued the NFL in the 80s and he won. I think he litirally won 1 dollar. He definitely holds a gruduge.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The reality is, these players might as well be kneeling on black graves.

The fact that this is now the narrative, is doing more harm to the black community, than anything else.

They kneel over an already proven BS narrative.

But keep kneeling, cause "dem pigs killin us".(Look up Kapernicks cop/pigs socks)

And never address the fact that black people are holding black people down.

Black people have a greater chance of being murdered by one of their own, than by a cop.

But these players aren't kneeling for the crime(gang banging, drug dealing, murders) in the "hood".

No, it's easier to blame the cops, the country, anyone but them.

How about they teach kids to not carry guns, assault police officers, hit squad cars, run from the police, and then they might not find themselves dead.

These pathetic players are kneeling for the popular thing, created by BLM, cause it's easy.

Anyone dare point the finger at the black community is a sellout, racist.

White people get beaten and killed by cops just like black people.

You don't see white people marching around blaming everyone.

It's about self responsibility, don't do dumb $# when dealing with cops, or end up dead.

Pretty basic.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

www.dailykos.com...

Inspired by Jared Rizzi's Tweet.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: badw0lf

I have NO idea how you came to the conclusion that I've said their right to protest was not protected by that, and I doubt anyone else can either.

"They're not protesting this, which they claim they are, they're protesting that, instead."

So, are you finally admitting that the NFLers have aright to protest by "taking a knee" during the National Anthem, or not?

Nope. I'm not admitting to anything I never said nor implied in the first place.

They have always had the right to act like spoilt dummy spitting retards.

Just as you have.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

Even old lady republicans ignorantly deflect and straw man basically what I gathered. She wants to stick the umbrella up the ass over bad mouthing America in a sentence about children in iraq. The main reason someone should beat her ass is because she got to that age without even understanding how politics works prior to verbally threat physical abuse of her neighbors. You cannot change the past and beating people(other Americans??) will not bring back dead ones. The girl was peaceful protesting murder and bullets and the correct reaction is to threat to beat her? I don't care how old she is and how white knight you may be at what is probably the more convenient of times, if ANYONE told me they were going to harm me that way, I would see what the authorities think and have her banned from the grocery store if her threats had a history. Beating ass isn't American, that's the real confusion in our society. Way to teach the young girl to become scorned without any loss at all. Such example. Leadership.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Really? I don't hear the black community bitching about this. If they are it's so minuscule as to not register.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

edit on 23-9-2017 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

There is probably a better chance that George Washington owned one of their ancestors than him being up in arms

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Protesting the government is one thing. This is not protesting the government, however. It's a racial issue. It's not against the government, it's against a problem that is perceived to be a larger issue.

So, you still contend that their protest is not covered by the by the 1st Amendment. Got it!

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Star for the Mighty Boosh reference!

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

Wow you think this was an actual event that actually happened?

You should track this lady down and go let her know how strongly you feel about her threats.

edit on 23-9-2017 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I am not sure what the issue is here.

These players can do whatever they want to protest whatever it is they are protesting (I have no idea, but whatever). Also, employers can fire anyone they want for behavior that is detrimental to their business.

And we can all choose to boycott the NFL for their unwillingness to deal with this issue. Everyone is free to act in their best interest here.

As far as I can tell it is working as intended.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Really? I don't hear the black community bitching about this. If they are it's so minuscule as to not register.

Nope.

31 people shot in Chicago last week,10 dead and im waiting.....

There's gonna be BLM marches in the street this week, shutting down traffic and chanting something.

And tomorrow, the players will kneel in solidarity for a moment of silence for all this black on black violence...

But probably not.

And IF there's this uproar in the black community, it's staggering that it's not as protested as "police bad".

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Protesting the government is one thing. This is not protesting the government, however. It's a racial issue. It's not against the government, it's against a problem that is perceived to be a larger issue.

So, you still contend that their protest is not covered by the by the 1st Amendment. Got it!

Nope, you're reading comprehension is what I contend is lacking, severely.

Why not blow your whistle, or SCREEEEEE at me in an autistic manner?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

And IF there's this uproar in the black community, it's staggering that it's not as protested as "police bad".

No. It means they agree with the protests and not your assessment.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Black_Fox

No. It means they agree with the protests and not your assessment.

Yes,they agree with mental people protesting for a fake narrative.
And that's why they agree, it's easy. They get to avoid having to admit blame ls with the black community.

But no, no , no cant have that.

So,whitey bad,police bad, America bad, and it's everyone elses fault but theirs.

Ok,got it.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It's kind of crazy to see the president of the united states call someone a "son of a b####" and want them to lose their job all because they chose to exercise their freedom of speech.

I guess that's what everyone voted for, though.

Not everyone, but it is what we got.

By MARK OSBORNELUKE BARR
Sep 23, 2017, 1:48 PM ET

The president of the NFL Players Union, which represents current and former players, also responded Saturday, saying, "The balance between the rights of every citizen in our great country gets crossed when someone is told to just 'shut up and play.'" Union President DeMaurice Smith acknowledged in his statement that “the peaceful demonstrations by some of our players" haven't been universally supported, but "have generated a wide array of responses." But, he added, "Those opinions are protected speech and a freedom that has been paid for by the sacrifice of men and women throughout history ... No man or woman should ever have to choose a job that forces them to surrender their rights." Reaction to Trump's comments on social media by players were largely negative:

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 23-9-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Which one of the people who starred his post, can find anywhere in what he quoted, and has repeatedly quoted of my previous post, where I say anything resembling the notion that I claim the NFL players do not have the right to protest, or deny the 1st.

Bloody sycophants, that's all you are lmao

But I am sure, the ruse falls away when you are alone...

For clarity, my words

edit on 23/9/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Pretty basic indeed.

You don't see any issues with the way things are.

These folks do.

The amazing thing about America is that you both get to voice your opinions.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

NOW you understand the protests.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join